Animated Death of Superman/Reign of the Supermen Two-Parter coming 2018/2019

A definite must-buy :cwink: :p

The-Death-of-Superman-Figure-BD-Combo-586x586.jpg

http://www.ramascreen.com/the-death-of-superman-hits-blu-ray-combo-pack-august-7-2018-here-are-trailer-and-product-details/

I just had a thought: they talked about how Doomsday came to Earth as if that was the plan, and we did see a boom tube bring the meteorite to Earth. I strongly believe Darkseid will be in Mongul's place in ROS. But this leads to two questions concerning ROS, one I had already, and the other just now:

1) Is that true, and its Darkseid that's the main villain in ROS?

and

2) The movies were reflecting the New 52, but now, the new 52 has come and gone, replaced by DC Rebirth and the current DC Universe banners, and the changes and events related to it. My question is: when Superman returns, or even at the end of ROS, will this be reflected by a certain costume change that will scream it?

Finished it. It was really good even though I am tired of the animation and designs for this verse. The fight scenes...were BRUTAL but some of the best scenes in the film.

Havent been able to enjoy a DC-DTV since what feels like forever.

Last edited:
Eh - I'm still loving the designs. They seem to have aged well imo as well helps with maintaining continuity.

Overall, great movie. I really liked the slow build up showing clark and how good of a person he is, and the simplistically of his ideals. I do wish this movie had a better score, as this wasn't memorable at all.

Really excited for the reign of the supermen too.

I enjoyed this one. The DC animated series is starting to bare fruit, which is nice. As far as Doomsday animated films go, this one is probably my favorite representation.

Still, that's easy compared to the Reign of Superman storyline. Curious where they are going with that one.

This was way more enjoyable than it should've been. I haven't kept up with the New 52 continuity but it maintained the essence of the OG storyline anyway. They need to get away from the anime design; do something different, all the movies look drawn the same.

Aside from the animation, my only gripe was how you have A-List Leaguers getting their asses handed to them by Doomsday. There should've been more fight left in Wonder Woman and Green Lantern of all people, but it added to the drama.

It was f'ed up how they did the Kents at the funeral. Loved that part.

I'd still give the edge to Superman Doomsday, but this was a solid A-

Has the first look to Reign of the Supermen been released online yet?

Has the first look to Reign of the Supermen been released online yet?

You can watch it on YouTube but it’s only around 3 mins long so don’t think it’s the full snippet

Just watched the full sneak peek Reign of the Supermen looks fantastic. Cameron Monaghan (Gotham) is voicing Superboy, Cress Williams reprises as John Henry Irons aka Steel, and Jerry O’Connel is voicing Superman and Cyborg Superman. They didn’t reveal whose voicing the Eradicator but to me he didn’t sound like O’Connel.

This was way more enjoyable than it should've been. I haven't kept up with the New 52 continuity but it maintained the essence of the OG storyline anyway. They need to get away from the anime design; do something different, all the movies look drawn the same.

Aside from the animation, my only gripe was how you have A-List Leaguers getting their asses handed to them by Doomsday. There should've been more fight left in Wonder Woman and Green Lantern of all people, but it added to the drama.

It was f'ed up how they did the Kents at the funeral. Loved that part.

I'd still give the edge to Superman Doomsday, but this was a solid A-

Nah. They performed as they should. Superman had a hard time with Doomsday, and none of the leaguers are close to him in power.

Where is it?

BTW, once Reign comes out, I predict someone taking both parts and making one whole epic film out of it. I picture the title will be...SUPERMAN LIVES!

Where is it?

BTW, once Reign comes out, I predict someone taking both parts and making one whole epic film out of it. I picture the title will be...SUPERMAN LIVES!

I downloaded the film on iTunes so I got the extras.

Haha maybe that’s not a bad shout.

I thought the story/script was strong in this movie. I found it really enjoyable. The animation wasn't too bad but the cheaper style is still noticeable, though they did a lot of good things with it.

The New 52 continuity wasn't too imposing on the original story, though Lois and Clark's relationship is newer. It was good seeing the current JL involved too.

Liked seeing Metropolis characters like Bibbo. Doomsday was definitely introduced, built up and developed better than in 'Superman: Doomsday'. And looks much better and is a more menacing character.

A lot more of a serious story than 'Superman: Doomsday' (though I do like a lot of that movie) and I am excited to see 'Reign...'

Something about the end though:

Superman's supposed "resurrection" seemed very close to his funeral. It sort of destroyed the tension, the grieving over his death. I know it is more complicated than that in the next movie but it just seemed like, in this movie, he dies then seems to come back to life again quite quickly. They could've ended at his death and didn't need a cliffhanger-type ending. His death would've seemed more final. But they were looking for a hook for the next movie so...

But overall this is a more well-rounded, dramatic movie.

I really enjoyed it and wasn't expecting to all that much. I was ready to be bothered by the New 52 costume and the fact that, despite it being their 2nd attempt at adapting the Death, they were yet again making it so different from the original comic. I kind of wanted them to do what they did with TDKReturns and go faithful... do that version of the League, the red-haired Lex, the whole works. It would've been a great nostalgia fest. But the action was amazing and I like that even though it's a JL story it has Superman's intimate story front and center. And it has rescue scenes right in the middle of a desperate fight, thus taking a certain origin film to school. I wanted to re-watch as soon as it was done. I'm there for the follow-up.

I'm eagerly awaiting the blu ray release. This has always been one of my favorite comic book stories. Good to hear a lot of you guys are enjoying it. :D

I saw the movie a couple days ago and I have to say, I kind of enjoyed it... I suppose most had to do with seeing some of Superman's supporting cast in animation again, that's always a plus. There were a few missteps but I enjoyed the movie overall.

That said, I'm actually more excited for the sequel. They've adapted the death of Superman SO many times that I'm kind of numb to it. For Superman to die, he first has to LIVE, we barely get to see and get to know other media adaptions of Superman before they rush to kill him off. That said, I've reset the calendar "we've had 0 non comic Superman related media without a "Death of Superman" adaption"

I saw the movie a couple days ago and I have to say, I kind of enjoyed it... I suppose most had to do with seeing some of Superman's supporting cast in animation again, that's always a plus. There were a few missteps but I enjoyed the movie overall.

That said, I'm actually more excited for the sequel. They've adapted the death of Superman SO many times that I'm kind of numb to it. For Superman to die, he first has to LIVE, we barely get to see and get to know other media adaptions of Superman before they rush to kill him off. That said, I've reset the calendar "we've had 0 non comic Superman related media without a "Death of Superman" adaption"

That's true! The thing about the Death of Superman storyline is that Superman of course ends up disappearing for a large chunk of the story! (Even in the Justice League movie.) So it's a good Superman story yet he isn't in it much! It's more about his supporting cast, and the other supermen.

I am looking forward to seeing the next movie too because it will at least be different and which we haven't seen onscreen before.

And yes the death of Superman is more impactful if it comes after a lot of stories about his life (which was a problem with BvS and JL.)

That's true! The thing about the Death of Superman storyline is that Superman of course ends up disappearing for a large chunk of the story! (Even in the Justice League movie.) So it's a good Superman story yet he isn't in it much! It's more about his supporting cast, and the other supermen.

I am looking forward to seeing the next movie too because it will at least be different and which we haven't seen onscreen before.

And yes the death of Superman is more impactful if it comes after a lot of stories about his life (which was a problem with BvS and JL.)

I though it was better then Superman Doomsday. It had its ups and downs. One thing I think they nailed better then Superman Doomsday and BvS was the brutality of Doomsday but more importantly the brutality of the fight between Superman and Doomsday.

I though it was better then Superman Doomsday. It had its ups and downs. One thing I think they nailed better then Superman Doomsday and BvS was the brutality of Doomsday but more importantly the brutality of the fight between Superman and Doomsday.

Agreed.

I really enjoyed the big fight in Superman: Doomsday. Great music and some wonderful storyboarding by Adam Van Wyk.

I was already a huge fan of the DCAMU, but this film took it to another level. Peter Tomasi deserves a considerable amount of credit for seamlessly adapting so many characters who weren't in the original story into this updated version. This movie was heavy on emotional content while still managing to be an eye-popping slugfest.

My only criticism is that Rainn Wilson wasn't the best choice for Lex Luthor. His voice just didn't project the requisite narcissistic confidence. However, Luthor's role in this was so well-handled that I even forgot about the weird voice by the 3rd act.

Watching this for the second time now, and I'm still enjoying it. Of course not so found of the Nu52 design (esp. Supes and Wondy's suits) but I've gotten used to see that so many times now, it's not as disturbing anymore.

I really like how Supes and WW are as characters here. Both of them are portrayed greatly IMHO. I'm saying that particularly 'cause I seem to remember WW as been less good in a few other modern animated DC flicks. And Rosario Dawson does a really great job voicing WW.

It's been such a long time since I watched Superman: Doomsday, so I can't really compare. But it was a great bonus in this version that JL was around as well, and we got some awesome scenes with them taking their best shots at the monster before Supes had the final go.

Rainn Wilson felt off to me as Lex at the first watch, and I thought about it this time. I really like him as an actor, and I tried to figure out why he quite didn't work for me. Personally I think it just might be that his voice simply doesn't fit, since I thought his performance was OK. The story line around Lex was all good too.

Very well, looking forward to part 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"