Annihilounge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't. Tell her you can't do it.

If she spent inheritance on nonsense, she will with your loan.

Don't. Tell her you can't do it.

If she spent inheritance on nonsense, she will with your loan.

I know. :( See, because me and my husband have good jobs and are good with money, people ask us all the time. Sometimes we say yes for once in a lifetime things -- my husband's mom wanted to go to Portugal to visit family she hadn't seen in years, a niece's school trip to Paris. But this? Yikes. :( To my friend it's very simple, we'll get paid back when she sells the house. To me it isn't, so many things could go wrong. I just feel like crap because I like to help people but this is a bit much. She wants 20 thousand. Geez....

I know. :( See, because me and my husband have good jobs and are good with money, people ask us all the time. Sometimes we say yes for once in a lifetime things -- my husband's mom wanted to go to Portugal to visit family she hadn't seen in years, a niece's school trip to Paris. But this? Yikes. :( To my friend it's very simple, we'll get paid back when she sells the house. To me it isn't, so many things could go wrong. I just feel like crap because I like to help people but this is a bit much. She wants 20 thousand. Geez....

Squeeks, hell to the no!

Your friend is a piece of s*** for even thinking this is an okay thing to ask you. I've learned a long time ago that anytime I give out money not only am I giving it away but I don't expect to see it back.

That kind of money is more than a large chunk of Americans even make in a year.

Yeah, never lend money to family or friends. It only complicates things, and tends to ruin relationships. It's better to treat any money given to a friend as a gift rather than a loan. If you expect it back, you'll start resenting them for owing you. It's an unavoidable part of human nature.

But when it comes to $20,000: hells no. Hellllllllls no. Noooooooo. Never. That's way above and beyond what a friend should ask of another.

I know. She's counting on the profit from the house sale -- She wants to sell her mom's place for a smaller, cheaper one, but just how much profit she'll make is unknown. I explained to her that it's inevitable that when you get a new place there is always something to fix. She's not looking at new places, but older cheaper ones, so who knows what's going wrong? We've fixed a lot of stuff in the house we live in now that I dont want to move, because I'd hate to have to go through all that again. She seems to think she'll just move right in and be all set. It's never like that, lol.

Holy crap! Theres a new A Perfect Circle album coming out this year!!

I thought they were all done. :(

I don't know why... but this is absolutely hilarious to me.

I don't know why either. :p

Its all Paul Rudd. He totally commits in that vid. Fallon sucks.

Paul Rudd should be a religious figure.

Few mortal men can deliver the 60% line and have it be roll on the floor funny instead of eyerollingly stupid.

Rudd and Donald Glover should recreate this video.

[YT]JkRKT6T0QLg[/YT]

C9kWwuaUQAAu2X5.jpg

Donald Trump's campaign slogan was first used in V for Vendetta by the totalitarian government.

Wasn't this the plot of Riverdale?

It's Always Sunny is straying further and further from fiction with each passing day.

Bird Lawyer practicing Bird Law? Insanity.

Now... Maple Syrup Law? Totally legit.

Russia and Germany are playing for gold in men's hockey. Germany is the plucky, yet massive, underdog. They must beat the lousy doping Russians. The Germans will save us all.

Although Germany did beat Canada in the semi-finals, which... did not please me. But it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make if it means the Russians get humiliated worse.

And Russia won in overtime as I typed that. Whatever, it'll probably end up being stripped anyways. And they can't even raise their flag. Eat it, Putin.

He'll just have me arrested a week before the election, anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"