Lounge of the Soldado

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stereotypes tell me the French love Jerry Lewis. So maybe a Godzilla that makes wacky sounds, and flails his tiny arms around.

That said, thanks you guys for letting me know the trailer is out. I'm a Godzilla fan, and have been looking forward to more concrete info on it.

Teaser was fine. I adore Millie from ST so I hope the human level stuff is at least engaging. The real stars are of course the Kaiju and man... That full teaser can't come fast enough. I am as Hyped for Godzilla as I am for Aquaman's trailer.

progress:
i light-washed the first half of the stairs and have gone back and started scrubbing the top 3. i've gone through one magic eraser already lol

a while back i pulled up the carpet on the stairs because it was old and i thought that hardwood would look better. man, was i wrong. whoever laid the carpet down did a half-ass job at best. the stairs are hideous underneath, paint flecks, smears etc from when they painted the ceiling and walls no doubt, and leftover residue from the carpeting etc.

i'm really thinking about sanding them down, repainting them and finishing them or whatever it's called. i don't know much about that sort of thing, so i need to do some research. i imagine an electric sander wouldn't be the best idea to use in a household stairway, so i may have to sand these by hand. oy

Wow, mine pretty much just get a sweep when the dog hair piles up. :p

Wow, mine pretty much just get a sweep when the dog hair piles up. :p

this is long overdue. my brother lived up here for years and i dont think he ever cleaned anything ever while he lived up there lol.
i'm kinda appalled at how dirty the stairs are/were. i got a little extra and vacuumed all of them, wiped down most and then magic eraser'd and old toothbrush-scrubbed half of them. i'll do the other half later. my back started hurting a little and i have to work for a bit later.

in the meantime, i did do a load of laundry and hung up some clothes amongst other things, so yay

That said, thanks you guys for letting me know the trailer is out. I'm a Godzilla fan, and have been looking forward to more concrete info on it.
What do you think of the boring 2014 movie? What do you think of the 1998 movie (a.k.a. GINO)?

What do you think of the boring 2014 movie? What do you think of the 1998 movie (a.k.a. GINO)?

You a Big G fan Aziz?

I have very nostalgic connections from childhood but I doubt I have the appreciation of a KevanG or a Roose. I can't say the post 1984 films did much for me.

I... I can't tell you how much I dislike the 1998 film. I actually find that more of a bore than the 2014 one. I do get those that didn't like the last American one but... I dug it. It might have worked better had they not offed Cranston so early and frankly if they had recast Johnson with someone else.

You a Big G fan Aziz?

I have very nostalgic connections from childhood but I doubt I have the appreciation of a KevanG or a Roose. I can't say the post 1984 films did much for me.

I... I can't tell you how much I dislike the 1998 film. I actually find that more of a bore than the 2014 one. I do get those that didn't like the last American one but... I dug it. It might have worked better had they not offed Cranston so early and frankly if they had recast Johnson with someone else.
Never been a fan of the creature. My exposure was basically through the American adaptions, including that Fox Kids cartoon.

The '98 movie is a decent giant monster movie....I don't consider it a Godzilla movie though.

I have on DVD and have watched every Godzilla movie made. The '98 one just doesn't feel like Godzilla to me. I like it as a giant monster movie (I love giant monster movies and have dozens of them too).....but I disliked several things about it.

Trailer looks nice, but it opens a couple of questions.

1998, I don't hate on as much as a lot of Godzilla fans. If you view it as a generic popcorn monster flick, it was ok. As a Godzilla flick it was a failure (IMO). 2014 I liked a lot more, but had it's flaws. It was a big step up from 1998, if you're looking at it as a Godzilla film, but still not quite right.

I actually like the campy feel of the older movies, and don't mind the rubber suit. Overall, I still like the original film the best. After that, anything with King Ghidorah, and the 90's Godzilla movies seem to be the ones I go back and re-watch the most. The original, and GMK tends to be the Godzilla's I recommend to non-Godzilla fans weary of the suit, and campy feel.

[YT]k_pSsZLYJKo[/MEDIA]

Last edited:
1999, I don't hate on as much as a lot of Godzilla fans. If you view it as a generic popcorn monster flick, it was ok. As a Godzilla flick it was a failure (IMO). 2014 I liked a lot more, but had it's flaws. It was a big step up from 1998, if you're looking at it as a Godzilla film, but still not quite right.

I actually like the campy feel of the older movies, and don't mind the rubber suit. Overall, I still like the original film the best still. After that, anything with King Ghidorah, and the 90's Godzilla movies seem to be the ones I go back and re-watch the most. The original, and GMK tends to be the Godzilla's I recommend to non-Godzilla fans weary of the suit, and campy feel.

[YT]k_pSsZLYJKo[/MEDIA]

Enjoy sir.

[YT]ODbQozfMkKo[/YT]

giphy.gif

For the people... For the planet...

12 posts is pretty amazing. It's a super bot! :p

He's deleted from existence...

or....

Is that what he wants us to think....

I'm going to go ahead and issue a Code: Orange for all of Reektopia.

we have no idea what that Ultron looking son of a ***** is capable of.

You a Big G fan Aziz?

For me it's Gojira, Godzilla vs Destroyah, Godzilla vs Biollante, Godzilla vs King Ghidorah, G84, > rest. There's some deep cut Sci-Fi charm to the 80s stuff that reminds me of, oddly enough, TOS Trek films.

My nickname is......MAGNUS....Robot Killer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"