Lounge of the Soldado

Status
Not open for further replies.
TgQ2Ny.gif

[YT]sFZjqVnWBhc[/YT]

Codename: Magnus

the Hype's NEO.

For me it's Gojira, Godzilla vs Destroyah, Godzilla vs Biollante, Godzilla vs King Ghidorah, G84, > rest. There's some deep cut Sci-Fi charm to the 80s stuff that reminds me of, oddly enough, TOS Trek films.

I guess I grew up with the 60's/70's G so the return to a more antagonistic Godzilla always felt off. That plus... I don't know, I can't quite take seriously the way those stories play out in the 80's/90's films even with some good action set pieces with the kaiju fights. That said... I still love the Big G and try to support him whenever he makes his way to the theaters. Let's put it this way... Two of my best memories from my childhood was when my mom got me a Godzilla toy, the one with the fire tongue and the shooting fist. Many G.I. Joes and lesser monsters knew what it was to be roasted by the nuclear flames of death in those days my friend.

shogun_G2.jpg

Another was seeing the US version of Godzilla 1985 on my birthday that summer.

And of course I am pulling big time for this new KING OF MONSTERS to be a good film and a hit. The Big G just gets in your heart for some reason.

Has anyone here ever experienced hypnagogic hallucinations? Like hearing voices at night? Not schizophrenia, but hearing laughter or voices and not being able to make out what they're saying?

Has anyone here ever experienced hypnagogic hallucinations? Like hearing voices at night? Not schizophrenia, but hearing laughter or voices and not being able to make out what they're saying?

Is this something you feel you are experiencing?

Is this something you feel you are experiencing?

I know I am. I can swear I hear people talking at night in my room when no one is there. I can't make out what they're saying, but it sounds so clear. Like they're right next to me.

I actually accused my brother of having friends over at the stupidest hours of the night because I could hear voices. He probably thinks I'm nuts.

I know I am. I can swear I hear people talking at night in my room when no one is there. I can't make out what they're saying, but it sounds so clear. Like they're right next to me.

I actually accused my brother of having friends over at the stupidest hours of the night because I could hear voices. He probably thinks I'm nuts.

You've spoken of your brother before as having some issues. If you feel you are indeed experiencing something that is close to hallucinations I would seek out medical help ASAP. You are at least together enough to understand this is occurring so I would try and nip it in the bud before it got worse. Don't let any stigma stop you from doing something about this I say. Get checked out and hopefully the docs can find some way to stop it from happening.

Never hurts to consult a doc. Better safe than sorry in these cases, imo.

Fair enough. Will do. Thanks, Krypton

Fair enough. Will do. Thanks, Krypton

Just offering my far less than professional opinion. Still, like I said, better to stop something early than later, right?

Best of luck.

Just offering my far less than professional opinion. Still, like I said, better to stop something early than later, right?

Best of luck.

It's good advice, always better safe than sorry. It could be temporary, or something more serious. Better to get checked out, and find you wasted an afternoon, than not get checked out and regret it later. Also, I had to look hypnagogic hallucinations up as I never had heard the term before.

Hypnagogic or hypnopompic hallucinations are visual, tactile, auditory, or other sensory events, usually brief but occasionally prolonged, that occur at the transition from wakefulness to sleep (hypnagogic) or from sleep to wakefulness

It reminds me of something I experienced once as a kid. I was so tired, but couldn't fall asleep. I stayed on the edge of dozing off, and snapping myself out of it a second later. I was having a dream a robber was outside of the window looking in. So when I was snapped back awake, I would be convinced someone was there, and tried to force myself awake. Didn't help it was dark, and the shifting shadows played into it. Obviously nothing was there, and it was just my mind playing tricks on me. It had me pretty scared at the time though.

1998, I don't hate on as much as a lot of Godzilla fans. If you view it as a generic popcorn monster flick, it was ok. As a Godzilla flick it was a failure (IMO). 2014 I liked a lot more, but had it's flaws. It was a big step up from 1998, if you're looking at it as a Godzilla film, but still not quite right.
I liked the old movie when it was new, not sure whether I should see it again or downright ignore it.

Day, night, I hear weird voices with indistinguishable words, though they don't sound loud and clear.

No joke, but do you think you might be experiencing a haunting?

You've spoken of your brother before as having some issues. If you feel you are indeed experiencing something that is close to hallucinations I would seek out medical help ASAP. You are at least together enough to understand this is occurring so I would try and nip it in the bud before it got worse. Don't let any stigma stop you from doing something about this I say. Get checked out and hopefully the docs can find some way to stop it from happening.
I agree with this as well, don't wait around letting it get worse in case it is something medical.

If this occurs at 3:00 AM every night...

Definitely see a doctor soon about this. Could be a tumor, could be some mental health disease, or heck it could be some hormonal chemical imbalance in the brain. Whatever it is it's always good to try to get on top of these things before it progresses. Keep us updated and let us know when you find out what's causing it.

Okay Roose, I can't wait to get your take on the Godzilla trailer. I am a feces encrusted pig right now.

No joke, but do you think you might be experiencing a haunting?

I agree with this as well, don't wait around letting it get worse in case it is something medical.

I don't believe in paranormal stuff.
But if it's a haunting, it's a lame one.

They did good and gave us a couple money shot's. Not sure about the music choice though.

This trailer ran away with the day. No offense to the others but it had bite to it. I actually think the music was a good curveball choice myself. In fact the whole thing just surprised me on every level in a good way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95