Ant-Man and the Wasp News and Speculation Thread - Part 1

Discussion in 'Ant-Man and The Wasp' started by Thread Manager, Dec 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Abudefduf Registered

Okay, I didn't know that... doesn't change the fact that she still used him as a metaphor for something negative that needs to be defeated. Or maybe I'm just reading too much into what she said, lol.

2. Flemm Registered

I definitely see what you're saying. It does sound like she may have accidentally revealed a plot point, though it's not a huge spoiler. [BLACKOUT]Goliath[/BLACKOUT] was already mentioned in the marketing, so something being done with that later in the film is expected.

Anyway. It's the type of thing that acts more like a teaser than a spoiler, since there's no way to know the details.

3. flickchick85 Admin of Might

That's how [blackout]"Goliath" is typically used, Marvel version or not.[/blackout] It's pretty common.

4. Kev4000 Registered

118 Minutes, huh? Felt a Little bit short but Maybe that fits more for a light comedy

5. Abudefduf Registered

And now we also know that [BLACKOUT]he may be the final boss of this movie. Or am I the only one who was expecting him to be a good guy? Isn't that what he's always been in the comics?[/BLACKOUT] I'm not particularly well-versed in the Ant-Man lore.

Yeah but I doubt Lilly was thinking of [BLACKOUT]the biblical Goliath[/BLACKOUT] when she made that video.

6. Silvermoon Made To Be Ruled

7. Flemm Registered

The most prominent versions in the comics have certainly been heroic, notably Hank Pym originally, Clint Barton and Bill Foster. Laurence Fishburne is playing Foster in this movie, and he states in the trailer that he worked on project Goliath.

So, on that basis alone, it's not clear how Goliath would end up being a villain. That makes the comment stand out as a possible spoiler, but who knows what will happen, exactly.

8. OnTheAir Wakandan Ambassador

9. Kev4000 Registered

I hope Pfeiffer has a lot room to act in this. Awesome actress.

10. Abudefduf Registered

Yep, the whole thing is weird. I guess American people will find out the truth in a month. :cmad:

Old Woman Janet.

11. Flemm Registered

Well, based on the trailer...

It would be logical to infer that the Goliath tech will be used at some point, or they would be unlikely to name drop it. Maybe by Foster himself, or the tech is stolen and used by a villain.

The scene in the trailer makes it seem likely that someone, maybe Foster himself, will exceed 65 feet at some point, maybe to stop the villainous Goliath. That could set the stage for Goliath to be a heroic character in a 3rd film, maybe Tom Foster (Bill's nephew).

That would fit the theme of legacy characters in the Ant-Man movies.

12. Abudefduf Registered

I'm... embarrassed to admit that I didn't even think of that option. Yeah, who says
    the Goliath that Scott and Hope will have to fight is Foster? It could be someone else, like Walton Goggins' character. God, I'm so dumb sometimes. :hehe:

13. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

I am seeing 118 mins listed for the run time on a few articles. Fine runtime, IMO. I don't think this really has to be over 2hrs.

14. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

If goggins character becomes goliath then they probably should of made him Erik josten instead of sonny burch.

15. Speed Force Goober

Edit: already posted

#940 Speed Force, Jun 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
  16. legendkillin Registered

the run time is perfect. I don't think the movie will have a dragging point, looks to have just enough material.

17. Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Where's the Luis poster?!

18. Speed Force Goober

edit

#943 Speed Force, Jun 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
  19. <(o_o)> Evangeline Is My Hero!

Janet Van Dyne becomes [BLACKOUT]Ultron[/BLACKOUT]:woot: That isn't the suit that Janet wore into the Quantum Realm so Hank Pym probably had to make her a special suit and helmet to protect her from the sun since she was devoid of it for so long. It doesn't necessarily mean that she is going to be bad.

20. legendkillin Registered

I can see that being possible, she has not felt Earth atmosphere in so long it will take getting used.

21. MOVIELORD101 Utter Smeghead

Is there any news of that HYDRA agent from the last movie who got away with the Yellowjacket particle sample returning for this movie? That plot point has yet to be resolved, although I could've SWORN i heard somewhere prior to Civil War coming out that the Yellowjacket particle would make a return in that movie or somewhere down the line but nothing has been said yet since! Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm worried about that formula and that HYDRA guy both still being out there with no one to stop them!

Also, I DO remember Peyton Reed saying he originally had written in the script for the first Ant-Man movie that Scott caught that guy, but he decided to change it. Why would he changed a plot point like that and seemingly not have it followed up in the sequel like that? Hmmm.......

22. jmc away for a while

I'm really digging that Ghost costume.

23. <(o_o)> Evangeline Is My Hero!

You mean Mitchell Carson? We may see him again in Ant-Man 3 & the Cross Particles could lead to Eric Ogrady's version of Ant-Man or perhaps a revamped version of The Beetle or some other twist on an Ant-Man/Iron Man bad guy/girl.

24. Mysteryman Registered

Isn’t this supposed to be an action comedy?
    Why does everybody look so serious in the new posters?

25. terry78 baby, that chicken was dry...real dry

To offset the constant comedy. It's still a Marvel movie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.