Ant-Man and the Wasp News and Speculation Thread - Part 2

Cool but I would have made the stand holding up both the Ant and Wasp clear so it looks like they are actually flying.

Scott has a short interview with Reed.

Interview: Peyton Reed Talks 'Ant-Man And The Wasp,' 'Infinity War' And 'Ant-Man 3'

Worth a note imo:

Mendelson: I appreciate how it really was an entirely standalone picture. Up until the epilogue, it could have taken place anytime after Civil War, basically. Without going into spoilers, have there been any talks for a third Ant-Man?

Reed: We've all sort of talked about it, abstractly, even as we were making Ant-Man and the Wasp we were talking about this would be a cool place for this character to go, so we talked pretty extensively about character art. Regarding any concrete plans, we don't know yet. I think Marvel is playing things pretty close to the desk until the fourth Avengers come out. We're all very, very hopeful. (Paul) Rudd and I, that's what we talked about… “Are we going to get to do that? Do we know?” Because we have all these ideas, so we'll see.

I read that as yes, there will be a threequel just as soon as we all get done pretending the MCU is over.

Watched this last night. I only have one real complaint. What they did with Walton Goggins was such a ****ing waste and awful. I've been a fan of Goggins since Justified and he's brilliant when he's given a meaty role, but this role was embarrassing trash and such an unnecessary plot. He wasnt intimidating or funny or interesting. And the resolution of that plotline, him holding on to the miniaturized lab like a petulant child and then getting taken down by the D team characters was the cherry on that **** sundae. That character and plot should have been cut and that time should have been devoted to Ava.

Watched this last night. I only have one real complaint. What they did with Walton Goggins was such a ****ing waste and awful. I've been a fan of Goggins since Justified and he's brilliant when he's given a meaty role, but this role was embarrassing trash and such an unnecessary plot. He wasnt intimidating or funny or interesting. And the resolution of that plotline, him holding on to the miniaturized lab like a petulant child and then getting taken down by the D team characters was the cherry on that **** sundae. That character and plot should have been cut and that time should have been devoted to Ava.
I kinda suspect, he's being setup for something much larger in the MCU...not necessarily his character alone; but, part of a greater scheme, within the MCU.

I'm just happy that they didn't make him overly clownish. If there were going to do more with him, I think he laid a good foundation for me to want to see more of him.

Goggins gave a interview in which he said Reed told him he had no idea who his character was and they just worked out who he would be once he was cast.

Reed said he wanted a Elmore Leonard vibe for the movie with antagonists acting as road blocks to the heroes mission (rescuing Janet). Goggins character was supposed to be the criminal element of the road block.

Goggins was nothing like his comic counterpart which makes you wonder why they choose the characters name in the first place.
I said before it would of made more sense if they had Goggins play Ambrose Connors, ex-special project director at Pym/Cross Technologies who was also a covert black market technology dealer in the comics. Goggins character was closer to the Connors character from the comics than he was Sonny Burch. The fact he used to work as Pym technologies would also tie him to Hope and Hank. Instead of the two of them just finding Burch somehow they would already have a history with him. Perhaps Hank or Hope could of fired Connors when he worked for his company adding a bit of personal animosity between them.

Connors was also slimeball in the comics which Goggins could of played really well.

I watched the movie recently and I enjoyed it much more than I thought I would. It's not ambicious, but it's really fun.

My major complain is the Wasp's costume. I just wanted the yellow to be more "bright". It reminded me of the X-Men black costumes, more specifically Wolverine's in DoFP. It seemed like they were affraid of colours.

I hope they can fix it and make it more colorful in Avengers 4.

ant-man-an-the-wasp-costume-designs-470x310@2x.jpg

I watched the movie recently and I enjoyed it much more than I thought I would. It's not ambicious, but it's really fun.

My major complain is the Wasp's costume. I just wanted the yellow to be more "bright". It reminded me of the X-Men black costumes, more specifically Wolverine's in DoFP. It seemed like they were affraid of colours.

I hope they can fix it and make it more colorful in Avengers 4.

ant-man-an-the-wasp-costume-designs-470x310@2x.jpg

One thing Wasp is known for is having many different costumes. I hope we get to see a different one every movie she shows up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"