Ant-Man and the Wasp News and Speculation Thread - Part 2

I don't entirely agree. There were a handful of moments and set-pieces that I thought were really fun and inventive. Were any of them better than the briefcase fight? Maybe not, but you can tell they're still having fun with the concept and showing him grow added another dimension to it.

I felt not so much. First film was more clever.

I agree. There's still good stuff in the new one, but I don't think they used the concept of shrinking/growing to its full potential.
Certainly the ants were not well used (you have them carrying miniature bombs in the first one and forming arrows in the second one).

Im seeing this tonight. How many post credit scenes should I look out for?

The second one is actually pretty ominous.

The only interesting thing about staying till the very end is

Ant-Man and the Wasp will return?

People keep saying the second one isn't worth it, but they're wrong.

[blackout] The TV showing the dead signal is a glimpse into the rest of the world being affected by the Snap. We've only seen the heroes reactions. It thought it was well thought out, and as Terry said above, ominous. [/blackout]

The fact that Batman & Robin somehow did a better job with two protagonists than the latest movie from Marvel Studios certainly has us concerned

Another think piece to get clicks.

That article is garbage. They don't even go into details of anything related to their outlandish Robin has more development than Wasp did claim. It's clickbait.

Randall Park needs to have his own starring vehicle. Hollywood,get this man a 50 million dollar film to star in.

He was 1 of my favorite bits of this film especially his last scene with Scott.

Comicbook.com put up an interesting article about Hulk being in Ant Man 3:
http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/07/15/marvel-studios-ant-man-3-hulk-team-up/

I’d like to get other opinions on who do you think should be in AM3 (besides Wasp and Hulk)?

I think Spider-Man would be Great!

The Beetle (Spider-Man villain) could be a villain. Or Taskmaster (i think should be saved for Avengers/Deadpool), Whirlwind. Ghost is originally an Iron Man villain, so sky’s the limit lol

Last edited:
The tone of Spider-man and Ant-man seems to come hand in hand. However the storyline would be a better natural fit with Banner and Pym both being scientists. But then again, Peter and Scott have already crossed paths in Civil War. I think Spider-man, Ant-man, Wasp would make a nice trio with a little higher scale action goodness.

But at the same time, I do hope they further involve Kammen's Ghost as I thought she was a solid character.

Comicbook.com put up an interesting article about Hulk being in Ant Man 3:
http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/07/15/marvel-studios-ant-man-3-hulk-team-up/

I’d like to get other opinions on who do you think should be in AM3 (besides Wasp and Hulk)?

I think Spider-Man would be Great!

The Beetle (Spider-Man villain) could be a villain. Or Taskmaster (i think should be saved for Avengers/Deadpool), Whirlwind. Ghost is originally an Iron Man villain, so sky’s the limit lol

I like Whirlwind as the villain for a possible third film. As for which hero I'd like to see, I'd probably say Hawkeye. I know he probably won't boost the box office and Hulk could be cool but I don't wanna see anyone like Cap, Iron Man, Thor, etc to appear. Spider-Man could be a a little tricky and do you want to use one of Holland's contractual movies for Ant-Man and why would he be in SanFran?

Why not introduce Reed Richards in an Ant-Man 3?

I like Whirlwind as the villain for a possible third film. As for which hero I'd like to see, I'd probably say Hawkeye. I know he probably won't boost the box office and Hulk could be cool but I don't wanna see anyone like Cap, Iron Man, Thor, etc to appear. Spider-Man could be a a little tricky and do you want to use one of Holland's contractual movies for Ant-Man and why would he be in SanFran?

Why not introduce Reed Richards in an Ant-Man 3?

Good point. Yes the above poster suggested using Ghost again...I agree! They could potentially introduce Thunderbolts in AM3 or even Reed Richards by name as you said. I’m not sure if you want to go full reveal but at least maybe a Baxter building or allude to the existence of Marvel’s First Family!

As much as I would love Whirlwind too...I’m not sure how they would execute his look on screen I mean they could in theory do it but risk it looking really cheesy but then again it’s Marvel studios and they Know what they’re doing unlike DC post Nolan

0ba428ff59a6.jpg

9a8f31efe7e.jpg

93b594452be4.jpg

I say we were robbed :oldrazz: :

Ant-Man and the Wasp originally had a hilarious Captain America cameo
However, Reed then went on to exclusively reveal that in an early draft of his new movie there was a pretty significant cameo, which was later scrapped in favour of keeping things simple.

The cameo was to take place in a scene where Michael Peña’s Luis performs one of his trademark flashback recaps, which (as in the first film, below) see him reimagine past events to have every character speaking with his voice and mannerisms.

In the finished Ant-Man and the Wasp, the new flashback sees Luis recap certain events from the original Ant-Man, but Reed revealed that one idea the team had was for him to do the same service for 2016 movie Captain America: Civil War. That movie saw Ant-Man (Paul Rudd) join forces with Cap (Chris Evans) against Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr) and company for a massive superhero brawl in an airport.

“Early on, we had a version where we were going to do a quick version of the tarmac fight from Civil War, with some ridiculous thing where, you know, Captain America has Ant-Man as a baseball and throws him,” Reed explained. “Because the whole thing is Luis’ version of events, right?”

“We came up with all these ridiculous visuals.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"