Ant-Man and the Wasp News and Speculation Thread - Part 2

Really liked it, another great time at the theater.

Also, I am in love with Hannah John-Kamen.

Loved this movie! It had heart. It had drama. Obviously comedy. The acting was great. I don't remember a single dull moment. Wasp was a bada$$. Ghost was well done. The family dynamic between Hope, Hank, and Janet was excellent. The crowd reactions were fantastic! Especially during that mid-credits scene... this crowd let out a bigger "gasp!" than I heard at the end of IW.

I'd rank this near the top of my favorite MCU movies.

9/10

Interesting the very last "...will return" with the
?

This movie is a lot of fun. I will post a longer review sometime this weekend or Monday. But in short, movie also was able to get me to connect with it emotionally. Action was fun. Wasp steals the movie for me. That said, villains while better than Darren Cross still end up more on the Kaecilius tier of interesting. They're just serviceable. I also wish Janet was in it more. But other than that, loved it :up:

I actually really like Darren. Corey Stoll did an amazing job with his non verbal acting, really elevated what was on the page. He was hilarious and a bit scary in the “what’s this guy thinking/up to” way.

Not to bash critics, especially since they have done MCU many favors but if a film requires having watched numerous other films, they use that as a complaint. When it’s a stand alone that doesn’t require any, they call it irrelevant and superfluous.

Saw this last night. Loved it.
I was giddy with the conversation between [blackout] Janet and Hank when they finally reunite in the Quantom "Microverse" Realm. The stuff she mentioned is going to be very critical going forward, especially after certain legal paperwork is signed and a certain group of characters[/blackout] makes it's way to the MCU.

That said, villains while better than Darren Cross still end up more on the Kaecilius tier of interesting. They're just serviceable.

I actually really like Darren. Corey Stoll did an amazing job with his non verbal acting, really elevated what was on the page. He was hilarious and a bit scary in the “what’s this guy thinking/up to” way.

I actually thought Darren Cross was the better Ant-Man villain since he was more of a threat.

Minor spoilers:

I liked Ghost, but even though she had little regard for Janet's life at the cost of saving her own and her whole storyline makes her the main antagonist of the movie, she was way too sympathetic. As for Sonny Burch, he just came off as too much of a street-level mobster type to pose any real threat to two people with super-suits.

Like I basically said in another thread, I can deal with Marvel putting the villains on the backburner again for a movie or two after how much they've been killing it in that category over the past year (Thanos, Killmonger, Vulture, Hela). We'll see how they do with Captain Marvel, but considering it's the first time we're seeing Carol on screen, I wouldn't be too shocked if they pull an Ant-Man/Doctor Strange and focus most of the attention on her and not focus that much on the villain(s).

Just got back from "Ant Man and the Wasp". A fun little movie. Enjoyed the humour but the action scenes were terrible IMO. Really boring and lackluster. The cast was excellent though, so it was fun overall. This is Marvel's strongest year since 2014.

I actually thought Darren Cross was the better Ant-Man villain since he was more of a threat.

Minor spoilers:

I liked Ghost, but even though she had little regard for Janet's life at the cost of saving her own and her whole storyline makes her the main antagonist of the movie, she was way too sympathetic. As for Sonny Burch, he just came off as too much of a street-level mobster type to pose any real threat to two people with super-suits.

Like I basically said in another thread, I can deal with Marvel putting the villains on the backburner again for a movie or two after how much they've been killing it in that category over the past year (Thanos, Killmonger, Vulture, Hela). We'll see how they do with Captain Marvel, but considering it's the first time we're seeing Carol on screen, I wouldn't be too shocked if they pull an Ant-Man/Doctor Strange and focus most of the attention on her and not focus that much on the villain(s).

I think Cross is one of the more underrated villains in the MCU. They should've given him a little more screentime and showed the tests messing with his head better.

Ghost isn't necessarily a villain in this. But almost felt more like style over substance. Very cool design and action scenes though.

Cross was every villain cliche rolled into one. Not that he didn't serve his role in the movie, he was fine. But, he was less a character and more a walking cliche. I think they attempted to give Ghost more layers, and largely I think it worked. To the extent some of the guys like Ego, Hela, Vulture, or Thanos did? Heck no. But about as well as Kaecilius, who I liked more than Cross? Yes.

Cross was every villain cliche rolled into one. Not that he didn't serve his role in the movie, he was fine. But, he was less a character and more a walking cliche. I think they attempted to give Ghost more layers, and largely I think it worked. To the extent some of the guys like Ego, Hela, Vulture, or Thanos did? Heck no. But about as well as Kaecilius, who I liked more than Cross? Yes.

I think Cross, Kaecilius, Ronan, and maybe even Ghost are on that same mid tier-little less villains in the MCU.

A little hard for me to say Ghost is a villain since Burch is more or less the actual villain in this

lol it seems like every youtube vid on my feed want's to spoil this movie for me. I've had to skip so many "Antman and the Wasp: Ending explained" or "Antman and the Wasp: Spoiler discussion".

I think I should be able to hold out to August the 3rd though. Just wanted to come here and vent. :)

Definitely enjoyable, families are gonna eat it up this weekend. I did like how they showcased how offensive the powers can be when Hope kicked everybody's ass in the restaurant fight scene. And yeah,
I think most people know what's up with the snap by this point so it was a little bit of a shocker because they knew what caused it.

I enjoyed the film alot, it had the right balance action and fun. I wasn't expecting anything monumental post Infinity War. Partly because Ant-Man doesn't have major foes, but also the weight of Infinity War was so grand that it was nice to return to a small scale story that was very character based driven. plus the Wasp was a scene stealer presence the entire film.

I honestly can't wait to see this again. It'll be about a month until I'm able to but it's worth the wait!

Last edited:
Wasp is on the cover of Best Boy's Exclusive Steelbook.

attachment.php

Bigger version.

4fb2416b-00e0-42f9-92ab-aa805f529fe5-jpeg.382538

Last edited:
Are there any inventive action scenes, like Thomas the Train or the briefcase sequences in the first film?

Lots of opportunities for creativity with that shrinking concept.

Are there any inventive action scenes, like Thomas the Train or the briefcase sequences in the first film?

There is the giant Hello Kitty Pez Dispenser that was in the trailer & then the giant salt shaker. I haven't seen the movie so I don't really know if there was anything major as good as the Thomas The Tank Engine scene from the first movie.

I felt not so much. First film was more clever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"