Ant-Man and the Wasp News and Speculation Thread - Part 2

4Innxmn.png

I was wondering if someone could help me understand something.

If Scott is currently under house arrest at the start of this film due to his involvement in the events of "Civil War" then why wasn't he sent back to the "Raft"? IF he was deemed dangerous enough by Ross to be placed there then why not bring him back rather than simply putting him under house arrest?

I assume his suit was confiscated so he’s just an ordinary joe who committed a serious crime. He was initially locked in the raft because they hadn’t figure out whether he himself has abilities.

And losing his suit to the government would have Pym pretty upset at him on top of it.

I was wondering if someone could help me understand something.

If Scott is currently under house arrest at the start of this film due to his involvement in the events of "Civil War" then why wasn't he sent back to the "Raft"? IF he was deemed dangerous enough by Ross to be placed there then why not bring him back rather than simply putting him under house arrest?

They worked out a deal where he agreed to house arrest.
This.

Black Widow said in IWs it was hard on their families so they made a deal with the govt. Likely involved being able to be with their family but still a prisoner in a way.

spoilers ....

no idea if its true.....

The Ghost is Ava Foster, Bill Foster’s daughter. Foster and Hank Pym discovered the Quantum Realm together while working for S.H.I.E.L.D., but Pym refused to continue their experiments after Janet Van Dyne disappeared. Foster’s attempts resulted in the death of his wife and Ava being trapped between both realities, allowing her to phase through solid matter, but also keeping her in a state of constant pain. Foster hires Sonny Burch and his men to steal Pym’s mobile headquarters so he can venture into the Quantum Realm, which he believes is the key to controlling time and space, but Ava intervenes, hellbent on destroying their research, which she blames for her mother’s death and her condition.

Foster suits up as Goliath to fight Ant-Man and The Wasp when they discover he is Burch’s employer and attempt to stop him from venturing into the Quantum Realm. Foster nearly defeats them before Ava kills him and then chases Ant-Man and the Wasp into Quantum Realm, where they fight. Janet intervenes, and Ava's containment suit ends up being damaged, causing her to vanish into the very fabric of reality. Ant-Man and The Wasp manage to rescue Janet before the portal collapses, but once they are reunited with Pym in the normal world, Hope and Pym vanish due to Thanos’ attack, leaving Scott and Janet behind

Los Angeles:

BeeDuGT.jpg

Love it!

spoilers ....

no idea if its true.....

The Ghost is Ava Foster, Bill Foster’s daughter. Foster and Hank Pym discovered the Quantum Realm together while working for S.H.I.E.L.D., but Pym refused to continue their experiments after Janet Van Dyne disappeared. Foster’s attempts resulted in the death of his wife and Ava being trapped between both realities, allowing her to phase through solid matter, but also keeping her in a state of constant pain. Foster hires Sonny Burch and his men to steal Pym’s mobile headquarters so he can venture into the Quantum Realm, which he believes is the key to controlling time and space, but Ava intervenes, hellbent on destroying their research, which she blames for her mother’s death and her condition.

Foster suits up as Goliath to fight Ant-Man and The Wasp when they discover he is Burch’s employer and attempt to stop him from venturing into the Quantum Realm. Foster nearly defeats them before Ava kills him and then chases Ant-Man and the Wasp into Quantum Realm, where they fight. Janet intervenes, and Ava's containment suit ends up being damaged, causing her to vanish into the very fabric of reality. Ant-Man and The Wasp manage to rescue Janet before the portal collapses, but once they are reunited with Pym in the normal world, Hope and Pym vanish due to Thanos’ attack, leaving Scott and Janet behind

If true, I don't like how Janet seems to be a deus ex machina and not woven more into the story. Also would have been cooler to have Scott vanish so it's Hope and Janet left.

If true, I don't like how Janet seems to be a deus ex machina and not woven more into the story. Also would have been cooler to have Scott vanish so it's Hope and Janet left.

Edit

Nice! Action looking on point, sound edits really good. Wasp's wing effect superb. Looking great so far!

Here's the Wings and Blasters clip w/o all the excess footage

[YT]nz40nKC-ei4[/YT]

This might have been the easiest time I have had in avoiding footage and info for an MCU movie.

"Ant-Man and the Wasp [BLACKOUT]is connected directly to Avengers 4[/BLACKOUT]" - Kevin Feige

[YT]tn9uHjqeqFQ[/YT]

"Ant-Man and the Wasp [BLACKOUT]is connected directly to Avengers 4[/BLACKOUT]" - Kevin Feige

[YT]tn9uHjqeqFQ[/YT]

I figured.

It's fitting that the final movie in Phase Three will feature the original Avengers lineup from the comics, namely Iron Man, Thor, Wasp, Ant-Man, Hulk and Captain America (who was given founding member status post factum when he replaced the Hulk in Avengers Vol 1 #4). That's probably why the Russos couldn't kill off Stark and Rogers in Infinity War; they're planning something big with the legacy members.

[YT]tn9uHjqeqFQ[/YT]

I figured.
Had the feeling it would be. They put it between IW and A4 for a reason just like they did CM. Can't wait to find out how big this movie is in the MCU. He comes off as small scale but who knows the impact it will have on future movies. Ant-Man 3 should also get boost from the importance of the characters.

Simon Thompson @ShowbizSimon
Ant-Man is my favorite Marvel movie. This is the sequel I'd been hoping for. I was grinning from ear to ear from start to finish. Irresistibly good fun. As exciting as it is funny, it locks along nicely and it's visually stunning! #antmanandthewasp
https://twitter.com/ShowbizSimon/status/1010373572420820992

Wendy Lee Szany @WendyLeeSzany
Just had the pleasure of seeing @AntMan #AntManAndTheWasp! It’s so much fun and I can’t wait to see it again. Loved seeing The Wasp @EvangelineLilly in action.
https://twitter.com/WendyLeeSzany/status/1010374500372762624

Perri Nemiroff PNemiroff
What a year for Marvel! Absolutely loved #AntManAndTheWasp. Stellar ensemble and the humor is spot on. (Laughed myself to tears during one sequence!) The tech is used to great effect yet again. Unique, highly entertaining ride I can’t wait to go on again.
https://twitter.com/PNemiroff/status/1010375437334089731

Brandon Davis @BrandonDavisBD
Ant-Man and The Wasp is Marvel's best sequel since The Winter Solider. @EvangelineLilly is one of my new favorite super heroes. @MrPeytonReed knocked it out of the park!! Tremendous movie!

Brandon Davis @BrandonDavisBD
Ant-Man and The Wasp has two post-credits scenes you can't afford to miss.
https://twitter.com/BrandonDavisBD/status/1010371938596737029

Drew Taylor @DrewTailored
A tiny take: #AntManAndTheWasp was a total blast. Romantic, energetic and a lot of fun. @MrPeytonReed left unchained and left to his own devices is glorious and totally bonkers and brilliant.
https://twitter.com/DrewTailored/status/1010374472598110208

Steven Weintraub @colliderfrosty
In a surprise to no one @MrPeytonReed's #AntManAndTheWasp is a ton of fun and had the crowd laughing beginning to end. @MarvelStudios has yet another winner. @Kevfeige makes it look so easy when we all know what he's done is next to impossible.
https://twitter.com/colliderfrosty/status/1010374337348567040/photo/1

Meg Downey @rustypolished
Ant-Man & The Wasp...actually ruled???? I’m shocked. I really really dug it.

They handle Hope really well. Ghost is a SUPER weird take on a villain concept. The whole theme of the movie was wildly tender and sweet. Every time I thought they were about to veer into trope-y cynicism they pulled it back.
https://twitter.com/rustypolished/status/1010373505475493889

Chris E. Hayner @ChrisHayner
I have emerged from #AntManAndTheWasp and bring good news. This movie is a total blast. Liked it more than the original (which I dug). It’s remains self-contained in the crazy MCU of it all, which is a good thing. Doesn’t ignore its connections to that world, though.

Loved getting to know these characters better (al by with the new additions). The inventiveness of the creative team behind this continues to blow me away. Very funny throughout, with plenty of size-related gags. #AntManAndTheWasp
https://twitter.com/ChrisHayner/status/1010379219447136257

Haleigh Foutch @HaleighFoutch
Dug the heck out of #AntManAndTheWasp. Clever and charming with lots of heart. It’s a bit exposition heavy, but otherwise a damn delight. One gag had me laughing so hard I was in tears and the post-credits scene is easily one of Marvel’s best.
https://twitter.com/HaleighFoutch/status/1010379457213784064

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"