Anubis' "How would you do it?" Thread.

roach said:
anyhow im in the middle of writing a miniseries based on Captain America. It fleshes out Cap's origin and answers some questions like who trained Cap. We see him not only go thru the physical training but the mental tactical training. It'll also update Bucky....it gives a real concrete reason why Cap would take him into battle. I am alos working to place Cap's origin within real events. The Red Skull would become Hitler's Darth Vader. I'll deal with Caps first costume and shield and why he changed them and I'll also touch upon the events of Truth.

Sounds cool, would it be definitively set in 616 or be kind of an Ultimate-type thing?

Ive had thoughts on how Bucky could be handled in a movie or something , he'd be a teenage orphan who falsifies his records to join the Air Force. He quickly excels and lands the assignment as Cap's pilot. Eventually Cap would deduce Bucky's real age but would sympathize with the patriotic orphan who has been told he is "too small" to serve his country and decide to allow him to continue on as his pilot but with the intention of keeping him as far away from danger as possible. Ofcourse something would happen (plane crash in enemy territory, Bucky having to make the save for Cap, ect.) and Bucky would prove to be an able partner to Captain Rogers. His costume would be made up of articles not uncharacteristic of a pilot (flight\aviator jacket, cargo-ish pants, boots, ect.) except for the domino mask which he would perhaps adopt as a joke at first. It would be important to emphasize Bucky's iron will and intelligence\wisdom\skill beyond his years.

This pretty much mirrors my take on how Robin or any teen sidekick could work in a movie or in a "real world" take on the character. You would have to really get in the head of the main character to show how seriously they empathize with younger person and allows them to function as a sidekick, if only in a limited capacity that shows that their safety is a serious concern of the hero, atleast until they prove their worth as a partner.

My version of Bucky would go like this....Bucky and his brother join up to get off the streets since they are orphans. Bucky however is only 16 years old. However they allow him in as long as he is in the same unit as his older brother.(Military policy at the time allowed this until the Sullivans incident where 5 brothers were on the same ship and it was torpedoed by the Japanese. All five died. The military instituted a policy that family cant serve in the same unit and if a service member becomes the last surviving member he gets separated from military service). In a battle Bucky's unit is ambushed and if it wasnt for Bucky's heroic efforts they would have all been killed. However his older brother is killed. Military policy is to put Bucky out but he has no where to go so they keep him in and away from the from the front lines at a military base....the same military base that acts as Cap's HQ. Steve takes Bucky under his wing when many of the other soldiers want nothing to do with Bucky since he wont see action and they are jealous. It is then that he discovers Steve is Cap and trains him as a side kick.

Shawkur said:
Sounds cool, would it be definitively set in 616 or be kind of an Ultimate-type thing?

Ive had thoughts on how Bucky could be handled in a movie or something , he'd be a teenage orphan who falsifies his records to join the Air Force. He quickly excels and lands the assignment as Cap's pilot. Eventually Cap would deduce Bucky's real age but would sympathize with the patriotic orphan who has been told he is "too small" to serve his country and decide to allow him to continue on as his pilot but with the intention of keeping him as far away from danger as possible. Ofcourse something would happen (plane crash in enemy territory, Bucky having to make the save for Cap, ect.) and Bucky would prove to be an able partner to Captain Rogers. His costume would be made up of articles not uncharacteristic of a pilot (flight\aviator jacket, cargo-ish pants, boots, ect.) except for the domino mask which he would perhaps adopt as a joke at first. It would be important to emphasize Bucky's iron will and intelligence\wisdom\skill beyond his years.

This pretty much mirrors my take on how Robin or any teen sidekick could work in a movie or in a "real world" take on the character. You would have to really get in the head of the main character to show how seriously they empathize with younger person and allows them to function as a sidekick, if only in a limited capacity that shows that their safety is a serious concern of the hero, atleast until they prove their worth as a partner.

Seems like a decent way to do Bucky in a movie. Maybe the entire first movie could take place during WWII, and end with Bucky's death and Cap frozen in ice. Lots of time to really get into the meat and potatos of the characters. Plus with a movie to get used to the kid, his death would hit that much harder.

roach said:
My version of Bucky would go like this....Bucky and his brother join up to get off the streets since they are orphans. Bucky however is only 16 years old. However they allow him in as long as he is in the same unit as his older brother.(Military policy at the time allowed this until the Sullivans incident where 5 brothers were on the same ship and it was torpedoed by the Japanese. All five died. The military instituted a policy that family cant serve in the same unit and if a service member becomes the last surviving member he gets separated from military service). In a battle Bucky's unit is ambushed and if it wasnt for Bucky's heroic efforts they would have all been killed. However his older brother is killed. Military policy is to put Bucky out but he has no where to go so they keep him in and away from the from the front lines at a military base....the same military base that acts as Cap's HQ. Steve takes Bucky under his wing when many of the other soldiers want nothing to do with Bucky since he wont see action and they are jealous. It is then that he discovers Steve is Cap and trains him as a side kick.

Cool. Saving Private Bucky over here. I like it. It's playing up on their similarities. Both want to fight for their country, but were kept away because of their limitations. In a sense, it's kinda like Batman and Dick Grayson.

thank you Anubis! there are a lot of things i'd change about the Marvel Universe but i'll start small w/ Doctor Doom's origin and place in the Marvel Universe.

"To the Devil, a Son"
Werner & Cynthia von ______were impoverished romani who felt their lot in life would change if Cynthia could only bear them a child. Desperate, Werner turned to the Benga Dom (Devil Speakers); a rogue tribe of gypsies who secretly 'rule' the world behind-the-scenes & are rumoured to deal in black magic (mix of the Illuminati & Maffia). They have Werner bring a very reluctant Cynthia to one of their hidden meeting places & leave her. what happens after that is unknown (except by me)but she returns to Werner, an hour later, in her last stages of pregnancy (hint: Rosemary's Baby). Cynthia dies but not before delivering Werner a son; Victor von Doom. suspecting the evil intentions of the Benga Dom, Werner flees outer-Latveria w/ his son. they make it to Italy. young Victor is left on the steps of an orphanage hours before Werner takes his own life.
Victor grows to be an exceptional child obsessed w/ discovery & the acquisition of power. his theories on quantum physics get him noticed by America's Empire State University. He's undeniably a genius but extremely reclusive & anti-social. he's often absent from class but coddled by his professors because of his brilliance. Victor has been using his time in the states to further research an urban legend; a fabled sect of romani wisemen who steer events in the world for their own purposes. Victor is attracted by this concept. he takes time off of school to return to Europe & find the sect; Benga Dom. they find him first & they are none to pleased w/ vonDoom's inquiries. they reward him by beating young Victor within an inch of his life, removing his face (Benga Dom tradition is to "erase" their enemies), and leaving him out in the country to be eaten by wolves.
the Benga Dom underestimated Victor's strength of will. he survives the ordeal and, once he's back on his feet, he hunts down the members of the sect who left him to die & returns the favor. word travels to the Benga Dom elders. they are impressed. they invite Victor into the sect; not letting on that they recognize him as the child of Cynthia von Doom, because of a birthmark. Victor is even more ambitious than they suspected. he quickly rises up the ranks of the society & introduces them to his own advanced science.
Victor returns to college (this all took a little over a year) w/ no one suspecting just how much he's changed & w/ a shadow army at his command. w/ the onset of the Age of Heroes, Victor realizes that they are a potential threat to the Benga Dom. he uses his advanced science to create a fictional "super-villain" identity; the fearsome self-appointed world conqueror Doctor Doom. in reality "Doom" is just hollow, yet formidable, costume armor used to distract the spandex set/cover the activities of the Benga Dom. sometimes it's a member of the sect in the armor. sometimes it's remote-controlled. sometimes, it's Victor himself.
Meanwhile, Victor has generated a lot of capital for Latveria by building a munitions factory in the area. even the U.S buy weapons from von Doom (he takes the last name "von doom" to honor the cult); knowing nothing of his secret life. in the following years, vonDoom will discover the full truth about the Benga Dom society & the secret that the elders have been keeping from him. the society's rise to power was no accident. they've been dealing w/ demons for a good century. how Doom reacts to this revelation should be interesting. &, in case you were wondering, vonDoom designed himself a bioplasmic mold of his old face that, once attached, mimics a wide range of emotions, except fear. the rest of the time, he wears a gold face mask crafted by the Benga Dom.
http://image.milehighcomics.com/istore/images/fullsize/pages/30933846944.67.P2.GIF

there are things about Doom that i don't like. his manner of speaking. it's very corny as you'd expect from a classic marvel villain. i've gotten around it by making "Dr Doom" an act. it's totally Victor's creation & shows a hidden flare for the dramatic. likewise, i hate the depiction of him as royalty ex. lounging around on his throne w/ a goblet of wine. i don't like this because, then, i'm supposed to believe him as a fierce warrior who can wrestle a lion to death. my version of Doom would be, at his core, be a very savage individual; like a wolf in a business suit. but he'd be able to put on the 'bruce wayne' face for business associates. the difference would be that he doesn't revel in it or spend his private time lounging around or wine tasting. he'd be more of a warrior and that'd be the major difference between he & Reed. speaking of that, i'd ditch the rivalry w/ Reed or, at least, the obsession w/ him. Reed's the only one on his level intellectually but Doom would be beyond competing w/ Reed for anything other than sport. any encounter he has w/ the FF would be due to the Four's unexpected involvement in a Benga Dom operation. the cult would, for instance, try to conquer the Negative Zone and that would conflict w/ Reed's exploration of the dimension. otherwise, von Doom would share a monthly internet chess game w/ his old college associate. i'd initially have Reed no nothing about Doom's darker side. i introduced the cult to make Doom less of a loner. he's clearly smarter than his fellow benga dom but they share the romani culture. they'd all be willing to die for him. Lancer would be a part of the cult & 1 of Doom's more trusted associates. :doom:

i could be at this all night. thanks for the thread. there are characters who i'd like to connect to achieve a more...uniform Marvel Universe.

i'd have Reed Richards, Sue Storm, Tony Stark, T'challa, Victor von Doom, Ben Grimm, and Janet Van Dyne all meet at ESU. this would require some age-norming but would result in Reed being a little younger than his regular marvel universe counterpart (like in the movie) and Jan being slightly older.

timeline:
when Reed, Doom, Ben Grimm, and Pym are seniors...

Sue Storm, Tony Stark, and T'challa would be freshmen

Reed and Doom would sort of be super-seniors since, because of their brilliance, they'd be given a private lab to continue their individual research projects. they'd both be the envy of the science department. Sue Storm's dad would be a professor at the University and introduce his daughter to Reed. but there would be no initial romance because of Reed's absolute cluelessness.

Sue Storm, and this is important to me, would be a real brainiac if i had my say. she'd be someone who had a good knowledge of the sciences and could understand Reed's sciencebabble. the Fantastic Four, in my reality, would function more like a group of explorers and superhuman thinktank w/ Reed and Sue as the head scientists. they'd consult other hero groups on unexplained phenomena when they weren't off exploring new worlds. Sue would probably have a specific field of study like biology. there she would be quickly plucked up by her first suitor..

...brilliant young scientist-in-training Henry Pym. Pym would be a perfect-10; blonde haired captain of the ESU football team type on the outside. but, privately, he'd be from a broken home, on anti-depressants, and ashamed of both facts. but, established early on, would be Henry's need for perfection. he picks Sue because she's...perfect. everyone in the science department wants her. all of the jocks want her. so Pym must have her. and they make a good-looking couple. but Pym's insecurities and mood swings get the better of him. the two split up, on good terms, and remain friends. Pym rebounds with a new york socialite named Janet Van Dyne, because she's almost the exact opposite of Sue; she's not cerebral, more the cheerleader type, more of a flirt, etc. once Sue finally catches Reed's eye, the two couples sort of have an ongoing competition. Hank scrambles to get superpowers after Reed's cosmic accident & Jan eagerly agrees to let her hubby-to-be implant wings in her back. the two were made for each other. and i might as well get this out of the way. i've already characterized Pym as being prone to mental illness. he will have bouts of insanity; some caused by his own self-experimentation. but he'd *never* strike his wife. he might threaten violence as he spouts villainous gibberish. but nothing resembling spousal abuse. & the two don't marry while he's a schizo yellowjacket either. in between the Fall of Yellowjacket & his being the backbone of the Avengers West Coast, Hank spends some time in an asylum. i think it might be cool to have an Avengers Founder who once wore a straightjacket. takes some of the pressure off the Hulk.

Tony Stark comes in as the bright new shining science star but spends most of his time bedding female classmates, partying, and racing the police in his technologically-souped up sports car.

T'challa comes in about the same time but just sort of blends in and gets his education. his classmates would never suspect that he'd go on to become the chieftain of a wakandan tribe.
btw, Bruce Banner would have gone to college elsewhere but still have been known by Reed and the other brains for his research with atomic energy. they'd basically all want his job w/ the military until he gets caught in that explosion.

Franklin and Val Richards would be twins. Franklin would get his father's natural curiousity and would, one day, become a scientist to rival his dad (gotta think about the future). his sister would be the more athletic/adventurous type and would develop, later in life, great psionic ability.

not too much has changed about Ben and Johnny. i think their backgrounds work. i might have Ben and Reed become friends after the former saves Reed from a 'freak' lab accident. unbeknownst to either was that Von Doom had tampered w/ Reed's experiment; attempting to get rid of the competition for some kind of science award. so Doom would have, inadvertently, insured Ben's position on the Fantastic Four.

Jennifer Walters would end up being a close family friend.

as for a specific storyline that i would change? i never liked the ending to the Heroes for Hire series. Stark-Fujikawa buys Oracle out and the heroes resign soon afterwards. that's not cool. i would have liked to see them get funding from somewhere else; like becoming a side project for Holden Holliway from the She Hulk series. temperament-wise, he seems like a good replacement for Jim Hammond; who would want to spend more time w/ the Invaders. as for any individual changes.

. i wish Iron Fist were a better businessman. he needs something to differentiate him from the other martial artists; besides just being a blonde white guy, imo. i like the idea of him being a little more conservative-minded than his friend Luke. not necessarily a full-blown republican but less of an idealist. he is from a culture in which beating the other guy is encouraged. i'd also like to see him use his powers a little more destructively like he did against the Black Panther. the natural reaction of a robber shouldn't be a roll of the eyes as the guy w/ the yellow slippers flips onto the scene. a new costume might help but the glowing hands don't hurt neither.

. Cage is fine; as long as he isn't characterized as an idiot or a pushover. come to think of it, Luke might be the more conservative of the two. his dad was pretty strict and Luke likes money. but who knows?

. Spiderwoman - i would have Jessica Drew make her big re-intro to the marvel universe as a part of H4H. they need it. she needs it. she fits perfectly w/ the lineup and adds some missing energy projection abilities and the female perspective. since she's a loner, it might help if she were steered towards a leadership position within the group. Iron Fist was never comfortable leading and the others were really too independent to follow him.

. Black Knight - you'd think he'd be popular. what i think Dane needs is the Bruce Campbell treatment. he just needs to be kicked until he snaps and becomes cool again. i like that Dane is equally soft-spoken and a real firebrand when angered. i like that he's a perfectionist when it comes to swordsmanship. H4H needs a level-headed individual like Dane. i think he should be ultimate every man who, through no choice of his own, wound up w/ magical weaponry. he'd be more interested in watching hockey or tinkering with old motorcycles than putting on a costume. but he'd be cursed to always have to pick up that sword & defend people. so, basically, i'd want Dane to be the guy whose good at what he does but doesn't really give a d*mn most of the times. and i think he should look like Ben Browder from 'Farscape' & have his own private lab at Oracle where he can build hi-tech/medieval-in-appearance weaponry.

. SheHulk - she's fine as is. i liked her mercenary attitude in the Ostrander H4H series. they needed a colorful lawyer and she fit the bill.

. Ant-Man - i hate that he's domesticated but it's being a single-father that makes him a good fit for a hero for *hire* team. he's not a character who shines unless he's specifically needed for something, so i'd try to have his role on the team overlap Dane's as little as possible. if it's a problem of physics or describing something in scientific turns, that would be the Black Knight's job. if there's a giant robot stomping around manhattan, Ant-man's the guy you want to crawl into a seam & shut the beasty down for the last minute save. if there's a hi-tech security system that needs bypassing or a computer files to be hacked, choose Ant-Man. otherwise, there's nothing w/ his personality. he's a movie & television freak & more gregarious than Dane. & you can't forget Cassie.

that's just my lineup. everyone has ideas for who should appear as a hero for hire. i just like to have a good identifiable 6 to play around w/. whenever i add someone else i get that Secret Defenders vibe.:hyper:

it wouldn't be hard for an underage man to join the military. during WWII american boys as young as 13 joined up. it wasn't all that uncommon an occourance.

i would have the Defenders to be the first real hero team to emerge during the age of heroes. sure, the Fantastic Four would appear on the scene as a group but would be more like celebrities w/ powers than superheroes. the Defenders would basically be the premiere fighting group (until the Avengers come along); made up of heroes with some name recognition. the Sentry would be the defacto leader of the group. he'd be accompanied by Doctor Strange, the Silver Surfer, Valkyrie, and a reluctant monarch named Namor. the undeniably powerful group would be met with suspicion, initially, but be tolerated because of the Sentry's presence. all of that changes with the coming of the Void. with Sentry branded as a traitor, the Defenders disband. it should be noted that the Avengers would be formed, unbeknownst to the individual members, as a protective measure by the government; a protection against the Defenders who answered to no govt & operated a lot like the Order.
So all traces of the Sentry were erased like in his mini-series. but that doesn't stop a new Defenders team from forming. this time it's fate that draws them together. there are certain heroes preordained to join the team; all having a special place on it. that's why seemingly c-list characters like Nighthawk and Hellcat are members. it's also why the Hulk joins up. he was drawn to team because of his connection to the Sentry. and, strangely enough, it's only the childlike Hulk and Doctor Strange who remember the Sentry.

Muze, wow, some really great stuff right there. I love the Doom ideas. Secret society, son of the devil, great stuff.

And the H4H stuff is good too. Never got the chance to read the H4H stuff that went on during Heros Reborn, why they wont put it out in trade I'll never know. As for any other members you could add, how about Haywire? I was going through some of my old Avengers Trades and I came across this Squadron Supreme cast off. When they all went back to they're reality, he chose to stay behind becasue he didnt' really have anything to go back too. He was a lot like Hawkeye, personality wise, and his powers were...well...kinda lame. Ability to produce a strange wire like substance that was very durable, and could trap and hold people. I think he was able to hold Warbird for a bit, so I guess that can gauge his power a bit. All he needs is a new costume, and somebody to work with his powers. See what they can add to make him a better character. For the most part, he's a clean slate. Do with him what you will.

Anubis said:
Muze, wow, some really great stuff right there. I love the Doom ideas. Secret society, son of the devil, great stuff.

And the H4H stuff is good too. Never got the chance to read the H4H stuff that went on during Heros Reborn, why they wont put it out in trade I'll never know. As for any other members you could add, how about Haywire? I was going through some of my old Avengers Trades and I came across this Squadron Supreme cast off. When they all went back to they're reality, he chose to stay behind becasue he didnt' really have anything to go back too. He was a lot like Hawkeye, personality wise, and his powers were...well...kinda lame. Ability to produce a strange wire like substance that was very durable, and could trap and hold people. I think he was able to hold Warbird for a bit, so I guess that can gauge his power a bit. All he needs is a new costume, and somebody to work with his powers. See what they can add to make him a better character. For the most part, he's a clean slate. Do with him what you will.

i remember Haywire from Kurt Busiek's avengers annual. he was cool and i liked how he pranked Hawkeye. he could work. :)

Some good ideas, Muze.

More on Iron Fist. Anyone who watches anime knows that people who can manipulate "chi" can do some ungodly feats, depending on whatever universe they are in. This is a gold-mine of potential for power that Marvel's sat on. I'm not saying that I want to make Fist into Goku or something, but that his ki/chi could be used for more creative ways than channeling it into his fist or body. It all depends on how it is used.

Iron Fist has always intrested me much like Moon Knight after I found out about him.Anyways I got something to share that's been on my mind for a while which is How I would do sins past.
First off I would leave the first 3 issues the same.Then instead of Gwen just giving it up to norman,What I would is have it that norman was in fact spying on gwen for some time and choosed her as the vessel for his true hier.So when she was checking on harry after his OD Norman offers her a drink which has some sort of mind attering chemical in it which screwed up Gwen's judgement which lend to Gwen having sex with Norman.Norman then Brain washes her into thinking she did it willingly.Then she has the twins 5 months premature and see that gwen is starting to figure out what Norman did to her.This is when she confronts and treatens norman with the police. .{BTW in my version MJ doesn't find out.}Norman fearing that his company would be crippled with such a scandal kindaps her and so the fateful events take place.After that he goes to europe and brainwashes and trains the kids.During this time he planned the clone saga and was going to use the kids as a back up in case the clone saga failed.When Norman returned to europe to get them they were gone.When Norman asked where they were an agent said the stacies took them.Paul,Jill and authur had custody of the kids but never revealed it to anybody.They tried taking they to the finest doctors but nothing stopped their growth.They were with the stacies until one day they recieved a call from norman in which he told them to excute the plan he made up years ago.{This is how Sins past begins.}While Peter is at home he recieves a visit from the stacies who tell him the whole story.Peter is both sadded and enraged.After the stacies leave,Peter goes to the jail cell of norman at the same time that Gabe and sarah are there to break him out.Peter tells The twins the truth.Sarah believes him but gabe doesn't so a battle ensues there in front of norman's cell.Sarah is injured.Norman escapes from his cell and him and gabe double team spidey.When spidey is nearly defeated norman admits his crimes.Norman's confession makes Gabe snap.Norman tells gabe to let his sister die since she was weak like harry.Gabe asks who harry is and norman tells him how pathetic he was and how Gabe is the goblin heir.Gabe is enraged that his whole life was a lie but and attacks his father.Spidey takes advantage and takes sarah to safety.From a distance he sees the struggle and just as he is about to get into the fight gabe snaps norman's neck.Spidey then tries to talk to gabe but gabe cuts him off and tells him he still hates him b/c he didn't save his mother and b/c of norman's hatred for him he was lied to by his father.Gabe tells spidey to wait his death because it was coming at the hands of him soon.Gabe then leaves.Sarah stays with the stacies.Last we see of gabe he is in norman's hideout taking the serum.After that all we hear is laughter.

Dread said:
Some good ideas, Muze.

More on Iron Fist. Anyone who watches anime knows that people who can manipulate "chi" can do some ungodly feats, depending on whatever universe they are in. This is a gold-mine of potential for power that Marvel's sat on. I'm not saying that I want to make Fist into Goku or something, but that his ki/chi could be used for more creative ways than channeling it into his fist or body. It all depends on how it is used.

that's definately true about the chi. i'd like to see more of that from Iron Fist. not goku stuff but a little more than just kung fu; not that he wouldn't occassionally choose just to fight his opponents without his powers. Iron Fist takes his martial arts very seriously, afterall, and would want to stay in practice.

venom892 said:
Iron Fist has always intrested me much like Moon Knight after I found out about him.Anyways I got something to share that's been on my mind for a while which is How I would do sins past.
First off I would leave the first 3 issues the same.Then instead of Gwen just giving it up to norman,What I would is have it that norman was in fact spying on gwen for some time and choosed her as the vessel for his true hier.So when she was checking on harry after his OD Norman offers her a drink which has some sort of mind attering chemical in it which screwed up Gwen's judgement which lend to Gwen having sex with Norman.Norman then Brain washes her into thinking she did it willingly.Then she has the twins 5 months premature and see that gwen is starting to figure out what Norman did to her.This is when she confronts and treatens norman with the police. .{BTW in my version MJ doesn't find out.}Norman fearing that his company would be crippled with such a scandal kindaps her and so the fateful events take place.After that he goes to europe and brainwashes and trains the kids.During this time he planned the clone saga and was going to use the kids as a back up in case the clone saga failed.When Norman returned to europe to get them they were gone.When Norman asked where they were an agent said the stacies took them.Paul,Jill and authur had custody of the kids but never revealed it to anybody.They tried taking they to the finest doctors but nothing stopped their growth.They were with the stacies until one day they recieved a call from norman in which he told them to excute the plan he made up years ago.{This is how Sins past begins.}While Peter is at home he recieves a visit from the stacies who tell him the whole story.Peter is both sadded and enraged.After the stacies leave,Peter goes to the jail cell of norman at the same time that Gabe and sarah are there to break him out.Peter tells The twins the truth.Sarah believes him but gabe doesn't so a battle ensues there in front of norman's cell.Sarah is injured.Norman escapes from his cell and him and gabe double team spidey.When spidey is nearly defeated norman admits his crimes.Norman's confession makes Gabe snap.Norman tells gabe to let his sister die since she was weak like harry.Gabe asks who harry is and norman tells him how pathetic he was and how Gabe is the goblin heir.Gabe is enraged that his whole life was a lie but and attacks his father.Spidey takes advantage and takes sarah to safety.From a distance he sees the struggle and just as he is about to get into the fight gabe snaps norman's neck.Spidey then tries to talk to gabe but gabe cuts him off and tells him he still hates him b/c he didn't save his mother and b/c of norman's hatred for him he was lied to by his father.Gabe tells spidey to wait his death because it was coming at the hands of him soon.Gabe then leaves.Sarah stays with the stacies.Last we see of gabe he is in norman's hideout taking the serum.After that all we hear is laughter.

Not bad. Telling a compeling story, while at the same time, finally moving on with this whole Green Goblin thing. Good job :up:

Dread said:
Some good ideas, Muze.

Yeah, I could see Rand with more Street Fighter's Ryu, or Tekken's Jin Kazama level of chi control. It's powerful, but he's not destroying planets or anything.

Since Marvel seems to just be sitting on "Thor" right now, rather that doing anything with him, I guess I'd want a shot at reviving him if I ever happened upon the oppurtunity to do so.

For a great part of the series I'll be focusing on Thor's resurrection. The main point I'll be focusing on is enlightenment, and how most of the divinely enlightened people in history have always had to make some great sacrifices and overcome most of their human limitations. So keep that in mind....now..

A man is upset with the way his life has been going. He's given up as he considers himself to be a failure. One week he decides to stay home while his wife and children go on a break to visit some relatives. His excuse is, "I've got some work to do". While they're away he hangs himself somewhere in the woods near their home (they live in a pretty rural area). He dies upon hanging and his body lingers there for 9 days. His family has returned home and so they report him missing.

The authorities eventually find his body just as a freak storm hits. They're preparing to take him down when lightening strikes. The noose severs and he drops to the ground. Now he's been revived, but no one knows it yet, not even him. In an attempt to transport his body they notice something in his hands that wasn't there before....it's Mjolnir. No one can pry it from his hands so they leave it and take him to a morgue to be examined.

In short, it turns out he isn't dead but he's far from what he once was. He returns home and his family must recover from the shock of finding out that he is actually still alive. During this point in time he pretty much completely ignores them and baracades himself in a room with Mjolnir and some chalk. All he does for weeks at a time is draw runic symbols on the wall. He's far beyond where they could've reached him before.

His wife is worried especially after learning that he attempted suicide, and tries to have him institutionalized. This is a big deal, considering Thor and this guy are arguing about whether or not to fight back. Thor convinces the guy to go willingly at first and just escape later because he doesn't want to reveal himself (he's seen what happens when someone's godhood is confirmed).

That's pretty much the direction it's going to go into. Thor will survive through this man and spend the first few issues developing into what he once was. Loki will be involved, but his development will seem smoother than Thor's as he settled into the mortal world while Thor was still sleeping and has regained his power and a faithful group of followers as well. So eventually Loki will come after Mjolnir as usual. I'm going to try and use different villains from other Rogues like Sabretooth and Rhino at first.

There would also be a great contrast between their views. Both as god and man aswell as two different individuals. For instance, Thor likes his beer warm, this guy likes it cold, he probably would back down from a barfight, Thor may not, or vice versa.

Asgard won't be ignored nor will the supporting characters in Thor. I'd just want to focus on Thor and Loki for a while though before I tackle what happened to Asgard and the rest of its inhabitants.

ThorneFox said:
Since Marvel seems to just be sitting on "Thor" right now, rather that doing anything with him, I guess I'd want a shot at reviving him if I ever happened upon the oppurtunity to do so.

For a great part of the series I'll be focusing on Thor's resurrection. The main point I'll be focusing on is enlightenment, and how most of the divinely enlightened people in history have always had to make some great sacrifices and overcome most of their human limitations. So keep that in mind....now..

A man is upset with the way his life has been going. He's given up as he considers himself to be a failure. One week he decides to stay home while his wife and children go on a break to visit some relatives. His excuse is, "I've got some work to do". While they're away he hangs himself somewhere in the woods near their home (they live in a pretty rural area). He dies upon hanging and his body lingers there for 9 days. His family has returned home and so they report him missing.

The authorities eventually find his body just as a freak storm hits. They're preparing to take him down when lightening strikes. The noose severs and he drops to the ground. Now he's been revived, but no one knows it yet, not even him. In an attempt to transport his body they notice something in his hands that wasn't there before....it's Mjolnir. No one can pry it from his hands so they leave it and take him to a morgue to be examined.

In short, it turns out he isn't dead but he's far from what he once was. He returns home and his family must recover from the shock of finding out that he is actually still alive. During this point in time he pretty much completely ignores them and baracades himself in a room with Mjolnir and some chalk. All he does for weeks at a time is draw runic symbols on the wall. He's far beyond where they could've reached him before.

His wife is worried especially after learning that he attempted suicide, and tries to have him institutionalized. This is a big deal, considering Thor and this guy are arguing about whether or not to fight back. Thor convinces the guy to go willingly at first and just escape later because he doesn't want to reveal himself (he's seen what happens when someone's godhood is confirmed).

That's pretty much the direction it's going to go into. Thor will survive through this man and spend the first few issues developing into what he once was. Loki will be involved, but his development will seem smoother than Thor's as he settled into the mortal world while Thor was still sleeping and has regained his power and a faithful group of followers as well. So eventually Loki will come after Mjolnir as usual. I'm going to try and use different villains from other Rogues like Sabretooth and Rhino at first.

There would also be a great contrast between their views. Both as god and man aswell as two different individuals. For instance, Thor likes his beer warm, this guy likes it cold, he probably would back down from a barfight, Thor may not, or vice versa.

Asgard won't be ignored nor will the supporting characters in Thor. I'd just want to focus on Thor and Loki for a while though before I tackle what happened to Asgard and the rest of its inhabitants.

i really like it and would read it. i like this idea of him being 'possesed' by Thor and everyone thinking he's crazy; while he's just trying to figure out what's happened to him. it's like something i might see in an episode of the Outer Limits. so how would you involve Loki?

Anubis said:
Yeah, I could see Rand with more Street Fighter's Ryu, or Tekken's Jin Kazama level of chi control. It's powerful, but he's not destroying planets or anything.
Precisely. Plus, it all depends on how he uses his powers. He has "keen eyesight", although nothing superhuman. He has extensive knowledge of martial arts and ergo some anatomy. He can enhance his blows with chi. Now, say, maybe he targets someone's nerves in their arms...

Considering that the Street Fighter comic is selling rather well for a title made outside the "Big Two", it is a shame that Marvel's love of fads hasn't led to some better Iron Fist work. His last series was just so mediocre. He needs either to face opponents that the average fan knows, or just to have a spectacular battle that will give thrills regardless. Preferably both. Iron Fist had none.

Now, the 4-issue Taskmaster series was a good way to do a short story about an underknown person. How did issue #1 start? A fight with Iron Man, someone everyone knows. That'd get your interest in Taskmaster up if you were a casual fan, eh? Plus it had him use his abilites well, had some dynamic art and got into his head a bit. Not bad. Of course, like most small, good Marvel books, they didn't collect it into a trade and didn't hype it, so those who missed the boat have to track it down or wait for someone to post it on Hype again. ;)

And yes, I actually have a fan fiction idea revolving around Mystique and Taskmaster forced to team up in a simple action thriller.

Dread said:
Precisely. Plus, it all depends on how he uses his powers. He has "keen eyesight", although nothing superhuman. He has extensive knowledge of martial arts and ergo some anatomy. He can enhance his blows with chi. Now, say, maybe he targets someone's nerves in their arms...

Considering that the Street Fighter comic is selling rather well for a title made outside the "Big Two", it is a shame that Marvel's love of fads hasn't led to some better Iron Fist work. His last series was just so mediocre. He needs either to face opponents that the average fan knows, or just to have a spectacular battle that will give thrills regardless. Preferably both. Iron Fist had none.

Now, the 4-issue Taskmaster series was a good way to do a short story about an underknown person. How did issue #1 start? A fight with Iron Man, someone everyone knows. That'd get your interest in Taskmaster up if you were a casual fan, eh? Plus it had him use his abilites well, had some dynamic art and got into his head a bit. Not bad. Of course, like most small, good Marvel books, they didn't collect it into a trade and didn't hype it, so those who missed the boat have to track it down or wait for someone to post it on Hype again. ;)

And yes, I actually have a fan fiction idea revolving around Mystique and Taskmaster forced to team up in a simple action thriller.

the Taskmaster's series was perfect. why, Iron Fist couldn't have emulated that; i'm not sure. makes me think that Taskmaster is the one who should have a movie instead of Rand.

Muze said:
i really like it and would read it. i like this idea of him being 'possesed' by Thor and everyone thinking he's crazy; while he's just trying to figure out what's happened to him. it's like something i might see in an episode of the Outer Limits. so how would you involve Loki?

Loki would have a very grim beginning, but I'd like to see him stripped to his core. That means he would've had to have been someone who had no choice in the matter of what they had to overcome and that very person wouldn't have minded letting him take full reign. He represents chaos, so I'd explore that.

Speaking of chaos, he'd be the one to blame for what happened with Wanda. Considering he's the lord of chaos and chaos magick was used in the destruction of the Avengers.

Anubis said:
Not bad. Telling a compeling story, while at the same time, finally moving on with this whole Green Goblin thing. Good job :up:
Thanks man.They really have to stop with this whole GG nonsense.It's getting out of hand.

Shoulda never brought him back the first time.

I agree.Now he is in every other sory or related to it.It seems marvel just took upon themselves to tarnish the great story which he died in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"