Any Exiles fans in the hizzy?

I dont remember any of them doing anything in that arc. All i remember from it was Black Bolt yelling at the world.

Wow, you might want to dust your Exiles comics off, then. They fought the Hulk-enhanced Wonder Man, went to war with the Inhumans, and the Spider callously let his teammate the Hulk get sucked into a portal.

Haha oh yeah. Good times. I liked Collossus' appearance just afterwards.

Piotr: Hello I have become unhinged from time and-
Spider: Yeah yeah, It's not my turn to break in a rookie so save it.

Haha, yeah, that was cool. I liked the part of the fight with the Inhumans where Karnak tore the Vision's arm off, too. Badass moment. And the ending was great.

I've always liked the concept behind Exiles but I only own around 5 issues or so. Usually it doesn't grab me for some reason.

I suggest the "a world apart" storyline. That was my favorite so far.

The Tanaraq thing was pretty cool too. I dont remember what arc it was in though.

I love Exiles. I pick it up in TPB form, so I'm a storyline or two behind right now. I'm going to miss Mimic as well, but come on! He'll be back. He mimicked Deadpool's and Wolverine's healing powers. You think a little something like death is going to stop him? Deadpool was dead when the Timebreakers put him in the Big Crystal Wall of Doom, and he eventually healed.

Well A Deadpool's immortal not because of his powers but because of a sort of deal with death. and be Mimic only got half of his powers anyway.

There's a chance he'll come back. and i hope you're right. but it's not like it's a guarantee

That's true, I hadn't thought of that. Didn't they leave his ass on some other Earth, though?

I dont know what they did with him actually. I wanna say they buried his body back on his home world but i have the sneaking suspicion that that only happened in my mind.

I can't remember, either. It's sad that that was only what, two arcs ago?

The Spider = God.

I don't care if he wasn't the tie stroker Peter Parker of 616 is.

He. was. the. ****ing. man.

TheCorpulent1 said:
He was possessed by an alternate reality Proteus, who eventually burned his body out like he does to most bodies he inhabits.

Just for the record...It's actually the Real (616) Proteus they are after. He was seemingly brought back during HOM (like many others) and escaped before the world was put back and he would have dissapeared.

So I guess he is kind of an alternate reality Proteus.

1 - 616 Deadpool is immortal. We don't know for a fact that other worlds Deadpools are the same. And they said he healed.

2 - I think they left him there cause they had to go right after proteus

3 - Heather could keep monitering the planet. They control the jumps now so if he heals they can get him.

I love the exhiles...

I like it more as a Marvel book , than an 'X-book' which is where i feel the direction may go even more with Clermont at the helm..

Current team is cool, but they need mimic back...supposedly another main member may be kicking the big one soon too..its a rumor.

My only complaint is too much death, granted they are an outmatched team but I like to have characters stay around IMO.

so what are they gonna do now the timebroker wasnt real? I mean as far as I can remember (and my memory is bad) there is no reason they just cant all sit back and kick it in a nice dimension for the rest of their life right?

They could, but they've got the pesky little threat of Proteus running loose across the multiverse, and they can't really count on anyone else to stop him.

THANOSRULES said:
My only complaint is too much death, granted they are an outmatched team but I like to have characters stay around IMO.
Actually, that's a mixed bag for me. On one hand, I really hate seeing my favorite characters go. Anyone else miss Sunfire? On the other hand, this is the only comic book I read that's not afraid to permanently kill off a main character. It's daring.

I dont mind it too much when they kill of characters. Remember there's litterally limitless possibilities for Exhiles members to replace them so they can always be replaced by someone cooler.

The deaths mean that characters that you dont like wont be around long and the characters that you do like can be replaced by someone just as cool.

I dont mind it too much when the members i like die so long as they go out in a good way. I didnt like Mimic's death. It wasnt climactic at all. It was just like oh btw mimic's dead now. And the bad guy's still fine and running around and nobody's accomplished anything.

It sucked.

Even after they eventually catch Proteus, they still have to fix the damage that those bugs did that they were first recruited for.

What I'd really like to know is why they haven't tried to go back for T.J.? At the very least they could take her back to her proper universe instead of leaving her stuck on 616 with Excalibur.

I always liked the Exiles, and own some trades and some single issues, but it never kept me reading. I plan to pick up some of the older trades soon though. What does piss me off however is that now, none of the Exiles (except Morph) are actually from a 'new' universe. These are all characters that have appeared in other titles and other teams, unlike the original team, which only had Blink as a 'recognizable' character.

We may be gettin T-Bird back soon. Someone asked about him in one of the recent letters pages, and he said to keep our eyes peeled for T-Bird to return. Something tells me that after this story, Claremont is getting rid of PP and replacing her with T-Bird again. I sure hope so.:O

It is one of the best series out there, I just hope that Claremont doesn't ruin the vibe the book has going for it. He is already starting by having
Psylocke
join the team...which I am not thrilled by. She is Claremonts Spider-Woman, he is just in love with that character.:mad:

They also mentioned the team reuniting with TJ, but I don't think permanently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"