Is Exiles officially dead, or do you still have hope for this book?

I felt that Exiles died after Winnicks stories ran out.

I liked a lot of Chuck Austen's stories. He wrote a few of the books inbetween Winnick's run and I enjoyed some of his books afterward like the King Hyperion trilogy. Hyperion was great, a Superman with no conscience. It was also probably the last big Weapon X story, a group I loved reading about. Nothing like reading about your friendly neighborhood Spidey as a psycho. :oldrazz:

I flipped through it and didn't buy it, but mostly because in case it was good I didn't want to be taunted by it.

If it's good, it's like it's saying, "Ahahaha, I am but a one-shot, and you are nonetheless forever doomed to rereading my pages of goodness or experiencing an ongoing of shat!"

If it's bad, it's just a disappointing read.
I'll read it and find out for both of us.

The one-shot was nice, but left me with a nasty feeling after.

Which was, that there's just no need for the New Exiles, and I wanted Mimic damn it! :cmad:

I never read the original Exiles but I'm going to give the New Exiles a chance. I'll probrably read the original title when I get the chance to pick up a TPB.

Probably better to just stick to New Exiles. You might actually enjoy it if you don't know how much better the older Exiles stories were.

I read the Then and Now one-shot. Cool story, actually. I figured that it was the current Exiles contacting Quentin through the Tallus, but I liked the extra twist about how Quentin's world was screwed up because the Exiles were chasing down Proteus instead of saving key people necessary to defeat the Hulk and the Annihilation Wave. Pretty cool, all things considered. Unfortunately, it's the last good Exiles story we'll ever see. :(

I don't know if I like that attitude. This is a group of characters we've seen great stories from. This is a writer we've seen great stories from. Sure, we've been dicked over by both in the past, but can't we have a little faith? Let's just give it one arc, huh?

You can if you like. I'm not going to. Every single one of Claremont's last few series have sucked, and now the Exiles aren't even the "group of characters we've seen great stories from" anymore. The only familiar remaining members are Sabretooth, who was never that interesting, and Morph, who's not really Morph but Proteus pretending to be Morph, the concept of which downright offends me given that the other characters all treat him as if he's the real Morph. Tom Grummett's art is the only incentive I would have to buy the series, and that's just not enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"