The New NEW Exiles??

RAMORE

~The First Avenger~
Reaction score
Ok so I read that the exiles was going to be cancelled. I was good with that my favorites were gone and while there were some new interesting characters Claremont kept focusing on his pet projects and refrencing 616 stuff I hadn't read then on DeviantArt I see this from francis001:
2jcsm03.jpg

Artist's Comments
Cover art for "Exiles: Days of Then and Now," a one shot coming out in January.

So i'm like fantastic art looks like everybody is there cool maybe it's a wrap up book you know.

Then I see this from dave bullock on there:
24vr9d0.jpg

Artist's Comments
Here's the first in a run of EXILES covers I'm putting together for Marvel. I'm incredibly fortunate to have Mark Irwin on Inks and Tony Washington coloring. Super job guys. Thank you!
Exiles is being relaunched in April, written by Jeff Parker and interiors by Salva Espin under the guidance of Mighty Mark Paniccia!

I'm not big on the art but it suprised me the team for one and the news there might be something new. Have yall heard about this? Is Jeff Parker any good? What does Salva Espin's art look like? So many questions.

Anybody? 9 views no comments? Where is Corp he'll tell me whats going on.

This is all I could find on Wikipedia:

Relaunch to Exiles
The series will once again be relaunched in April, 2009 and it will be written by Jeff Parker and drawn by Salvador Espin.[46] The series will feature the return of Blink to the team, which will consist of alternate versions of Scarlet Witch, Beast, Forge, Polaris, and Black Panther.

So that thing is beast and the other guy is forge I thought it was alternate bucky:D

The Days of Then and Now one-shot was alright. It came out LAST January, as in January 2008.

I'm not terribly excited for a new Exiles series. I think the concept needs a break for a while to get over what's been done with it. And that cover looks horrible.

This is all I could find on Wikipedia:

Relaunch to Exiles
The series will once again be relaunched in April, 2009 and it will be written by Jeff Parker and drawn by Salvador Espin.[46] The series will feature the return of Blink to the team, which will consist of alternate versions of Scarlet Witch, Beast, Forge, Polaris, and Black Panther.

So that thing is beast and the other guy is forge I thought it was alternate bucky:D

I thought it was an alternate Scalphunter. :) That cover is bad; but at least it's not by Espin. So hopefully the interior art will look better. I've enjoyed Parker's X-Men:First Class, so I'll certainly be checking this out.

Exhiles was such a fun concept and it used to be so good for quite a long time.
I'll definitely give this the standard 3 issue chance.

The new Team doesnt really get me going.

Still too much X...seemingly underpowered for their job.

I liked the book under bedard when it was less an x book.

I also like Morph..and I'm not cool with no Morph.

Don't worry guys, Jeff Parker's totally gonna save this series. I believe in Jeff Parker.

RAMORE: Salva(dor) Espin did some fill-ins on Incredible Hercules and he drew the Damage Control mini-series that came out last year. He's mostly stuck to the younger readers comics since then--Marvel Adventures and Wolverine: First Class, primarily. Here's a link to a bunch of CBR previews of comics he drew: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview_srch&by=creator&for=Salvador+Espin

As for Morph, he's been dead since Bedard replaced him with a brainwashed Proteus, so he hasn't been on the team for a good, long while. I've said my goodbyes and I'm willing to give the new team a chance. I wish they weren't still desperately clinging to Blink, though. The concept's stronger than her and I don't particularly like her. Just get her out and leave her out already.

Morph is back, in spirit anyway. He and Proteus are sharing the body.

Yeah, Morph's still dead to me.

On an unrelated note, I can't believe they got that dude to draw the covers for this. They've got Salva Espin, who's actually good, doing interiors, and they want the first thing people will see and judge the book on to be that cover? It's f***ing terrible! :huh:

Don't worry guys, Jeff Parker's totally gonna save this series. I believe in Jeff Parker.

RAMORE: Salva(dor) Espin did some fill-ins on Incredible Hercules and he drew the Damage Control mini-series that came out last year. He's mostly stuck to the younger readers comics since then--Marvel Adventures and Wolverine: First Class, primarily. Here's a link to a bunch of CBR previews of comics he drew: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview_srch&by=creator&for=Salvador+Espin

As for Morph, he's been dead since Bedard replaced him with a brainwashed Proteus, so he hasn't been on the team for a good, long while. I've said my goodbyes and I'm willing to give the new team a chance. I wish they weren't still desperately clinging to Blink, though. The concept's stronger than her and I don't particularly like her. Just get her out and leave her out already.

I am looking forward to it. I love the concept and team, but Claremont's stories were just dull and stupid.

And I agree with Corp, Morph has been dead for a while. I like the character, but having him gone is ok. It was proven that the book would work without Blink when she left after the Phalanx story.

I miss Spider-Man 2099. Especially now that Timestorm is revamping him.

He was my favorite addition by Bedard and I wish Claremont kept him around...but seeing how he handled the ones he created for the team, I'm glad he got rid of him.

edit: Yes, I was a huge fan of the 2099 universe. Miguel in particular.

Interesting. I thought Forge was the Winter Soldier from a universe where it was Dum Dum Dugain for a second. Actually, that would be infinitely cooler if you ask me.

This better get Exiles back on track. The last relaunch was HORRIBLE, Exiles use to be my favorite comic. The minute I would get an issue, I would already be anxiuosly waiting for a month for the next issue to come out. Once Mimic died and then they pulled the whole Morph/Proteus thing, Exiles was dead-walking. Pretty much once the Proteus thing happened everything went to ****. So I really hope that this new relaunch will be good, and I hope it actually feels more like Exiles back around issue 20 or so. Come on give us some awesome/unique stories that the Exiles had come to been known for. I'd say Hyperion to the Exiles, is what Doom is to the Fantastic Four, or Magneto is to the X-Men, or Kang is to the Avengers. Hyperion is the "Bad Guy" for the Exiles. Briing back Mimic, not the same one, since he's dead, but bring in a new Mimic. The justification can be that his Power-Set is so useful, it would be dumb not to have him on the team. So eventually I hope Mimic makes a come back, I say pull 616 Mimic into the Exiles, Marvel never uses him, and his Power-Set doesn't even have the limitaions that the other Mimic had.

PLEASE somebody from Marvel read this!!!!

Put 616 Mimic on the Exiles, he's been stuck in Limbo, this is his place to shine. It would be interesting to see how Blink would interact with Mimic (616). Mimic's great cause lets say your in need of another power-house, all Mimic needs to do is stand in proximity to a powerhouse and BOOM, Powerhouse. If you need an extra Speedster, boom you got one. To go along with all the possible powers Mimic could have, 616 Mimic already permanently has to Original X-Men powers. Optic Blasts, Telepathy, Cryo-kinesis, Avian Flight, and the agility, dexterity, etc... of Beast. 616 has never really been the placve for Mimic, so do yourselves a favor and pull Mimic out of Limbo and put him on the New New Exiles. Give us a new Exiles book that actually feels like the Exiles, not the crap that has been coming out for the last 1 - 2 years now.

Does anybody share my thoughts about 616 Mimic? Hyperion being the Dr. Doom of the Exiles.

Did Claremont ever get to closing out the Morph/Proteus thing?

I'd be down for the 616 Mimic to join. I don't really think you need a single villain for the Exiles, though. Hyperion's good, but maybe only use him sparingly rather than an ongoing nemesis. The one exception to that for me would be if Hyperion and Proteus team up and create sort of an anti-Exiles team by reality-warping their way across dimensions and recruiting alternaverse villains. That might be fun.

I think that a recurring villian would be good as long as it's not always about them.

Take for example Weapon X in the early Exiles issues...they were a great foil for the Exiles to work against.

Ah, the good ol' days. :(

I'd be down for the 616 Mimic to join. I don't really think you need a single villain for the Exiles, though. Hyperion's good, but maybe only use him sparingly rather than an ongoing nemesis. The one exception to that for me would be if Hyperion and Proteus team up and create sort of an anti-Exiles team by reality-warping their way across dimensions and recruiting alternaverse villains. That might be fun.

I'm not saying a single villian, I'm just saying that Hyperion should be the Exiles Main "BAD GUY". Magneto is the X-Men's main "Bad Guy", but that doesn't mean he is used for every story arc. Same goes with Doom and Kang. When was the last time Kang was used in an Avengers Comic (Not Young Avengers), it has been more than 5 years, it's probably been about 10 years now since Knag was used in the Avengers books. So I say Bring Hyperion in sometime in the first 12 issues of the New Exiles, so we can go back to that classic Exiles feel that use to be their before all the Proteus crap. So yes use him sparringly, but use him. Just like Magneto and other villians have their overall plans, they just kinda wait in the wings for the right moment to strike. Hyperion should still be stuck on that lifeless world that he originally took over, so he is literally just waiting to be used. Also Hyperion doesn't get used for crap in the 616, and he does exist, along with a new Dr. Prism. They where last used in Thunderbolts, before the roster change of Bullseye, Venom, etc... So just like 616 Mimic is underused, so is the Hyperion that is currently residing in the 616. Also, please NO Proteus, NO team-ups, be done with that ****** character. He wasn't even supposed to have existed, it was because the Exiles entered the 616 while Scarlet Witch had remade the world, lets just forget about the piece of crap.

I think that a recurring villian would be good as long as it's not always about them.

Take for example Weapon X in the early Exiles issues...they were a great foil for the Exiles to work against.

Damn shame spider got toasted, that guy was awesome.

Yes those were the good ol' days. A Hardened, shoot-first Angel, Spider-Man gone bad, etc... those really where the good ol' days. Let's prey we get back to that feeling with the relaunch. It really seems like Marvel knows they ****ed up by cancelling the original title and then trying to use the formula that has been actually rather successful. Cancelling a title and relaunching a new #1, assuming that sales will sky rocket. Nope, that formula doesn't always work. Basically Marvel uthinized (put down/put to sleep/killed) exiles when they relaunched it, same goes for Young X-Men. Marvel had a great thing going with both those titles, but then they jumped the gun, and screwed the pooch. Coincidentially, both Young X-Men and New Exiles are being cancelled and also relaunched. That just shows that Marvel knows that they basically wasted their time doing what they did. Atleast Young X-Men's story seems to add to the overall continuity, New Exiles is forgetable.

Here's to a New New Start!!! Get the **** right this time Marvel, quit getting ahead of yourselves, be happy when you have a good thing going.

Did Claremont ever get to closing out the Morph/Proteus thing?
Yes, in the new annual that came out rather recently.

As it stands, I still say that the Exiles should rest for a while. The concept got bogged down in so many levels of crap over the years it's disgusting. Heck, maybe just let it rest forever. Bring in something similar in a few years, but as of right now? All of the things that made the old Exiles great (the Timebroker, the Tallus, Weapon-X) are gone.

The title is tarnished. It needs time to clean itself. This is not the way.

I think the central concept is still as strong as ever--a group of interdimensional variants on characters we know and love work together to save other realities. Whatever else has slipped through the cracks over the years, that central concept is still there, and it's still a strong one. Give it a good writer (which Jeff Parker is) and a good artist (which Salva Espin is), and I think it could be great again. Then again, I skipped most of the tainting by avoiding Claremont's run like the plague, but anyone with any sense would've done the same. :oldrazz:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"