Any word on the spring update yet? And what would you like to see in it?

BC games that aren't "Barbie's wonderland" and "Madden whatever year it was" would be nice.

When is it supposed to be released? The Fall update was released in like December wasn't it?

The spring update has NOTHING to do with BC. Also, there's a s**tload of games that are BC, if you think it's only the crap from launch, you're living in the past.

And who knows when it'll actually come out, they have no real schedule for them anymore.

I'm still waiting on one game to be BC. MVP 05'. I think they got 03' and 04', hopefully 05' is next. Sadly, it's still the best baseball game out.

The only game I need to become BC before my entire back library of Xbox games is BC is Aeon Flux.

The spring update has NOTHING to do with BC. Also, there's a s**tload of games that are BC, if you think it's only the crap from launch, you're living in the past.

And who knows when it'll actually come out, they have no real schedule for them anymore.

I know what's on BC, and they haven't put a game I want to get on there in over a year. There's a s**tload of sports games and Halo on the list.

It's not like I made up a list in my mind and came in here to complain about it. :whatever:

And they typically update BC around the times they do the major updates.

Hope they add .mkv file compatibility...

I wanna see Beyond Good and Evil and Chronicles of Riddick on the BC list.

Chronicles of Riddick isn't going to happen. There is an enhanced remake in the works.

Also, I remember reading something a while back that said because of Xbox Originals, they probably wouldn't be working on backwards compatible games anymore.

As far as the topic goes, I really have no idea what I would want in a new update.

I honestly can't think of anything specific anymore that I'd like to change or add...

Maybe the option to not have the system boot up a disc automatically when close the tray with a new disc in it? Sometimes I have a few things I want to do in the dashboard before I start up a game, and end up leaving the tray open with the disc in it for a little bit before I'm ready.

But really, that's a very minor wish of mine.

If they could reduce the long ass load times on the dashboard when you connect to live, that would be great...

I honestly can't think of anything specific anymore that I'd like to change or add...

Maybe the option to not have the system boot up a disc automatically when close the tray with a new disc in it? Sometimes I have a few things I want to do in the dashboard before I start up a game, and end up leaving the tray open with the disc in it for a little bit before I'm ready.

But really, that's a very minor wish of mine.

Well i dont know if its what you are talking about, but there is an option now to change your settings so that whenever you turn on your system it goes to the dashboard instead of the game.

Well i dont know if its what you are talking about, but there is an option now to change your settings so that whenever you turn on your system it goes to the dashboard instead of the game.

Yeah, I'm aware (and thankful) of that option. But what I'm meaning is, right now if I turn on my 360 and want to play "Bioshock", but my "Mass Effect" game is in the drive, I want to be able to open the tray, swap my discs, and close the tray again without the game automatically booting up once the tray closes. Many times I want to check out a few things on my dashboard before I start, and I'd rather not have my tray sitting open for too long.

Also, I'd like to be able to use 4 different backgrounds for my wallpapers on my dashboard blades. I like that I can use my own custom dashboard themes, but not that I'm limited to the same picture for every blade.

And finally, I'd like to be able to put custom notes or something for my friends on my friend list. Sometimes I forget who some of the people on my list are, and if I could make a note on "Friend123" that he's "Bill", that'd be cool.

How about taking the game out every time you decide to shut the 360 off? There, problem solved.

How about taking the game out every time you decide to shut the 360 off? There, problem solved.

No it wouldn't. I'd still have to put the disc into the system after I turn on my 360. :huh:

No it wouldn't. I'd still have to put the disc into the system after I turn on my 360. :huh:

How about you do what it is you want to do on the dashboard before you switch discs?

But, there should be a way to stop it from starting.

They need more versions of Divx available & they need to let Divx / Xvid files with AC3 play on the 360

How about you do what it is you want to do on the dashboard before you switch discs?

That's what I do a lot of the time, but there's also a lot of the time when I want to go ahead and switch the discs before I sit down. It's times like that where I wish I could close the tray and not have the game start up just yet.

Again, it's just a minor wish of mine. I don't even think I can really classify it as an 'irk' of mine, as it's really not a pain...just an option I'd like to have.

I dont understand why you need codecs to play mkv files,divx files etc,.?
What do you want to do? Slap videos on a usb drive and play them via the 360?
Seems a little unecessary,.
I like the idea of being able to add notes.That was a good one imdaly.

I still hate on the tray in gereral..Id prefer if it was slot,.But whatcha gonna do

Yeah.. those 5 seconds are brutal.

Mine sometimes takes up to 5 minutes...in fact, I started a whole thread about it that's still on page one, and I'm not the only person to have the problem. So maybe you should learn what you're talking about before talking about your ass, yet again, in this thread.

I dont understand why you need codecs to play mkv files,divx files etc,.?
What do you want to do? Slap videos on a usb drive and play them via the 360?
Seems a little unecessary,.
I like the idea of being able to add notes.That was a good one imdaly.

I still hate on the tray in gereral..Id prefer if it was slot,.But whatcha gonna do

Using Window Media Connect you can actually play files right from your computer, but anything that needs a codex you cant play. You can play things off of data discs too, but once again, if it needs a codex, you're out of luck. Throw me in the boat of people who wish they would throw a bunch of codexs, or a way to install codexs, onto the sytem.

I had that problem but I fiddled around with network settings and it only takes a few seconds now. Don't ask me what I did in specific because I honestly can't remember.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"