The Dark Knight Rises Anyone else not like the 8 year exile plot?

I'd rather have seen him bed Selina than boring Miranda.

I'd rather have seen him bed both; bring in the Russian ballerina and her troupe as well. Maybe save one for poor old Alfred; but I have a feeling he doesn't swing that way.

I'd rather have seen him bed both; bring in the Russian ballerina and her troupe as well. Maybe save one for poor old Alfred; but I have a feeling he doesn't swing that way.

tumblr_mak73bh0gT1qhimuwo1_500.jpg

The more I think about it, the more I like to believe he did go out as Batman a few more times since the ending of The Dark Knight. At least in the first two years.

Remember it would have taken some time for the effects of the Dent Act to take hold.

I find it hard to believe he would have disappeared cold turkey that very night.

I feel like there's another story to be told somewhere there. It would definitely be a Batman lurking more in the shadows, but he would have kept going for a bit.

I feel it was very much implied TDK was the last time he was out as Batman. Blake and Gordon's convo said the night of Dents death was the last confirmed sighting. At that point, Batman was public enemy number one. He was acused of killing cops and a public official. If he so much as stepped out of the cave, the media and cops, feds would have been all over him. Heck, there were probably phantom sightings of him from paranoid criminals, etc. Point is, if had had indeed stepped out a few times even if it was to take down a few small crimes, everyone would have been all over it.

TDK was the last time he went out as Batman,

What I feel a lot of people miss is that Bruce does not actually want to retire. He does it because he thinks its best for Gotham to leave Batman as a villain in the shadows, but as we see he really has nothing in his life apart from Batman. It's a sacrifice, not a luxury. That's why he attempts to fight crime through other means with the fusion reactor and eventually jumps at the chance to get back in the costume even though he's passed his prime and unable to match Bane. The irony is that Bruce spends a lot of TDK wanting to stop being Batman thinking he'd live a happy life, but when he actually does he's left with nothing but failure and brokenness.

Nolan, his brother, and Goyer obviously used portions of the "The Dark Knight Returns" as inspiration (or as a model) when writing the eight year hiatus into the scipt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"