The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Anyone else worried about Sony rushing the Sinister Six?

Avi Arad said the S6 film would be a redemption film.

I have some serious faith for Sinister Six. Drew Goddard is not a hack, Cabin In The Woods was a very solid, inventive & original first movie, and his work on Lost & Cloverfield is notable, he seems to be pretty in demand as well lately.

I have some serious faith for Sinister Six. Drew Goddard is not a hack, Cabin In The Woods was a very solid, inventive & original first movie, and his work on Lost & Cloverfield is notable, he seems to be pretty in demand as well lately.
I think he was a good choice. :up:

I think he was a good choice. :up:

it's not question of good choice. it's question will he have freedom to write his own script, or will studio demand him make Doc Ock sympathetic and rest of group and we got another lousy adaptation of Doc Ock character, instead of getting Master Mind, because all hail to Spidey 2, but that's not Doc Ock what i want to see.

Did anyone see the article about Arad saying they're all looking for redemption? I don't like that, not one bit.

Did anyone see the article about Arad saying they're all looking for redemption? I don't like that, not one bit.

If this is the route they're going then I hope that they try for redemption but then realize they can't undo what's been done. Then they all decide to go kill Spider-Man. Though I'm not really fond of this idea either, but then again we don't know anything about the film yet. I think that Goddard was the best choice to tackle this and I trust he will deliver an interesting film at least.

"It's a tale of redemption" implies everyone is looking to be redeemed. Besides, the only member of the S6 (as far as I can remember) that was redeemed was Flint Marko, but we already explored that angle (weakly) in SM3.

it's not question of good choice. it's question will he have freedom to write his own script, or will studio demand him make Doc Ock sympathetic and rest of group and we got another lousy adaptation of Doc Ock character, instead of getting Master Mind, because all hail to Spidey 2, but that's not Doc Ock what i want to see.

I agree with this!

Me neither. At least not the whole team. I can see one member turning against them for redemption, but not the whole team seaking it.

I hate how Avi Arad is clinging to the overly sympathetic angle all the time, it was the same thing during Raimi's trilogy.

Yeah, but outside of Sandman, it worked. If they gave THC more to do, it would've worked. Venom was just pure evil, the most evil we've had in a SM movie.

I don't always take what Avi says too seriously. I think I remember him saying how TASM1 is technically part of Raimi's first movie to "fill in the blanks" of what we didn't get to see in that movie. Webb's film literally has no connection to the Raimi-verse.

Yeah, but outside of Sandman, it worked. If they gave THC more to do, it would've worked. Venom was just pure evil, the most evil we've had in a SM movie.

Well, Doc Ock worked for the movie itself but as a Spider-Man adaption, it didn't IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"