Aqua - Discussion Thread(Spoilers)

avidreader said:
And check out the episode Mortal where he and Lana sit down on the couch to have a smooch. I dont know what those muscles are called, from the mid-back to the shoulders, he is huge. A couple of weeks of pumping iron and he would have alot of definition.

Do you think if he didnt look any good that they would still have him running around shirtless all the time.

I dont care for the way Alan Ritchson is so ripped, very unnatural looking.

Tom Welling is far superior in my eye.

He definitely has that :supes: look.

Dr.Dark said:
He definitely has that :supes: look.

Without a doubt. When he is wearing shirts, his shoulders and upper arms have got Superman screaming all over them. Couple that with his small waste and long slim legs. :up:

Serene said:
Speaking of "running.." He looked pretty darn good running along that dock before he dived in to save Lois. I'll have to see if I can find that clip..

Yeah and if there was any so called "flab" we would have seen it then.

Gosh, I wish my flab looked that good.:)

boyscouT said:
When we first saw still pics of Tom in aqua, I just thought he lost some definition. But aftering seeing his shirtless body in motion, he has just lost so much muscle mass.

And yes, there are a dozen reasons why he has lost mass, ie. time, movies, other things, a life, etc... but, i am a full time college student, and no matter how busy I get, i always have 3-4 free times a week to hit the weights for ~45 min. I guess the producers and Tom don't stress too much over his physique?

I think he likes fast food too though. Your body changes as you age and you have to change things like diet and exercise to compensate. He does have a dog and a wife to tend to so I'd think there are a lot of priorities pulling at him besides the gym. Give the guy a break.

Oh and I remember that full time college student stuff hmmm not much comparison to a full work day and a family life.

did any else get a good laugh out of Fine's line:

"The greatest computer on earth...[points to HIS head]...is right up here; it's the human brain"

just thought that was a little amusing since he is super-computer.

BeserkerHilf said:
did any else get a good laugh out of Fine's line:

"The greatest computer on earth...[points to HIS head]...is right up here; it's the human brain"

yeah I liked that one, the subtle stuff like that with Marsters delivery was great. :up: Everyone complains when the references are too overt like a lot of the ones AC was making but then you have Fine do a great one like that, and hardly anyone catches it or talks about it.... Go figure :confused:

BeserkerHilf said:
I don't know of any super-computers that can walk..
So far, they play chess, (very good), and provide teraflops for tsunami, or galaxies collision simulations/analysis..
They can't even make a tea..

celldog said:
You're kidding...riight?

No, I'm not kidding. 300 posts is what you need before you can have an avatar.

It's been awhile since I've been at 300 posts, but I believe I'm remembering that correctly.

avidreader said:
And check out the episode Mortal where he and Lana sit down on the couch to have a smooch. I dont know what those muscles are called, from the mid-back to the shoulders, he is huge. A couple of weeks of pumping iron and he would have alot of definition.

Do you think if he didnt look any good that they would still have him running around shirtless all the time.

I agree.... The ripped look Ritchson has isn't nearly as attractive.

Tom Welling is absolutely amazing looking, no matter what the nit-pickers say...

The Incredible Hulk said:
That being said, he's still bigger than the alleged Superman in the new movie, he just doesn't have the luxury of wearing a muscle suit.
I'm glad *somebody* said this 'cause I've been biting my lip for days.

avidreader said:
And check out the episode Mortal where he and Lana sit down on the couch to have a smooch. I dont know what those muscles are called, from the mid-back to the shoulders, he is huge. A couple of weeks of pumping iron and he would have a lot of definition.
This is very true. It's actually what bodybuilders do. They're eating machines up until a few weeks before competition. Then they "diet" (I use that term loosely) and ramp up the cardio to strip any fat that might hide muscle definition. The fat is needed during regular training as a fuel source. You have less energy if you stay ripped all the time and consequently can't work out as hard as you normally would, nor as long.

Knowing this, and knowing how easy it is to strip the fat when necessary, it makes me wonder if there might be something else going on here in preparation for the season finale. :p

Do you think if he didn't look any good that they would still have him running around shirtless all the time.
Indeed! Not on THIS show, anyway.

I feel the blue in my face coming back as I reiterate into the ether, Welling hasn't changed *that* much over the last five or so years. Overall, he's put on more mass in the form of both muscle and fat, and goes through various periods of looking smaller and more cut, to bigger and less defined. It's natural for somebody whose schedule changes more often than his wardrobe. But the fact of the matter is, he's still a HUGE guy. It's the FIRST thing people say - both coworkers and fans - who have had the pleasure of meeting him or working with him.

Folks have been looking at that set shot of Welling and Kreuk. Kreuk is closer to the camera and standing on an apple box. At 6'4", Welling is a full foot taller than Kreuk (who btw, is *average* height for an adult woman according to research conducted by the CDC of average height and weights of adults in the US between 1960-2002.)

Put Welling in a frame by himself and he looks like an average, well-built guy. Put him next to the averaged size person however (5'4" for a woman, 5'9 1/2" for a man) and he IS huge. Look at the size of his hands alone...

mortal4.jpg

Has he lost a little definition? Yeah. But he's STILL a house. That hasn't changed. And as I've already pointed out, it wouldn't take him long - maybe a month - to strip back the definition again.

I think in terms of image, he was well cast. He fit Aquaman to a glove. But in terms of overall appeal, the face is just as important (to me) as the body, and that's where he loses points. Does he look like a young Aquaman? Yes. Do I find him handsome? Mmm... not so much. LOL

You're preachin' to the choir, hon. :D

BaK said:
I don't know of any super-computers that can walk..
So far, they play chess, (very good), and provide teraflops for tsunami, or galaxies collision simulations/analysis..
They can't even make a tea..

umm this is a Kryptonian supercompuer we're talking about here

Marsters was amazing in that first scene.... He gave that lecture so many layers.

He's perfect as Brainiac.

AgentPat said:
Knowing this, and knowing how easy it is to strip the fat when necessary, it makes me wonder if there might be something else going on here in preparation for the season finale.
tongue.gif

You know I've been thinking something along these lines myself. :) We shall wait and see.

triplet said:
Marsters was amazing in that first scene.... He gave that lecture so many layers.

He's perfect as Brainiac.

Wasnt he brilliant. :up:

well, you are right, if the evolution in the Kryptonian ''information era''
followed the same ''lingo path'' as on earth..
I don't think they even had the word ''superman'' ;)

The first sentence of that post had "..earth.." mentioned - so super-computer was in that ''context''..
anyway, stop ruining my jokes.. :p

KikiDee said:
I think he likes fast food too though. Your body changes as you age and you have to change things like diet and exercise to compensate. He does have a dog and a wife to tend to so I'd think there are a lot of priorities pulling at him besides the gym. Give the guy a break.

Oh and I remember that full time college student stuff hmmm not much comparison to a full work day and a family life.

That's all subjective, which is why i gave both perspectives, not just mine. Some colleges are harder than others, and even then, it is subjective to each student on what 'hard' really is.

AgentPat said:
I'm glad *somebody* said this 'cause I've been biting my lip for days.

This is very true. It's actually what bodybuilders do. They're eating machines up until a few weeks before competition. Then they "diet" (I use that term loosely) and ramp up the cardio to strip any fat that might hide muscle definition. The fat is needed during regular training as a fuel source. You have less energy if you stay ripped all the time and consequently can't work out as hard as you normally would, nor as long.

Knowing this, and knowing how easy it is to strip the fat when necessary, it makes me wonder if there might be something else going on here in preparation for the season finale. :p

Indeed! Not on THIS show, anyway.

I feel the blue in my face coming back as I reiterate into the ether, Welling hasn't changed *that* much over the last five or so years. Overall, he's put on more mass in the form of both muscle and fat, and goes through various periods of looking smaller and more cut, to bigger and less defined. It's natural for somebody whose schedule changes more often than his wardrobe. But the fact of the matter is, he's still a HUGE guy. It's the FIRST thing people say - both coworkers and fans - who have had the pleasure of meeting him or working with him.

Folks have been looking at that set shot of Welling and Kreuk. Kreuk is closer to the camera and standing on an apple box. At 6'4", Welling is a full foot taller than Kreuk (who btw, is *average* height for an adult woman according to research conducted by the CDC of average height and weights of adults in the US between 1960-2002.)

Put Welling in a frame by himself and he looks like an average, well-built guy. Put him next to the averaged size person however (5'4" for a woman, 5'9 1/2" for a man) and he IS huge. Look at the size of his hands alone...

mortal4.jpg

Has he lost a little definition? Yeah. But he's STILL a house. That hasn't changed. And as I've already pointed out, it wouldn't take him long - maybe a month - to strip back the definition again.

I think in terms of image, he was well cast. He fit Aquaman to a glove. But in terms of overall appeal, the face is just as important (to me) as the body, and that's where he loses points. Does he look like a young Aquaman? Yes. Do I find him handsome? Mmm... not so much. LOL

You're preachin' to the choir, hon. :D

Although some of your comments are subjective, I am glad someone here can take the time to be unbiased and write a well thought out post, that states both sides of each argument, and finally states your opinion.

Thank you.

It was an alright episode. The guy who played Aquaman was a bit weak, and AC was too surfer like. I also wished they delved a bit more into AC's history. Like the Flash ep, they didnt delve much into his origin, which is kinda disappointing. Lex becoming more vicious was nice to see, though

you do realize that filming the TV show takes about 14 hours a day 6 days a week, sometimes longer, dont you?

That being said, he's still bigger than the alleged Superman in the new movie, he just doesnt have the luxury of wearing a muscle suit.

awwwwwwww....... :(

Welling HAS lost a lot from the looks of S3 and 4, there's no way he's equally as cut or big....

ps, from the looks of 'Aqua', he'd need the benefit of neoprone at Smallville's conclusion...:o

I liked that Aquaman was kind of wearing his orange and green costume at the end, the shirt and shorts gave it that appearance, it's cool.

Aquaman was another great example how good these guys are in giving life to a comics character for which I do not really care all that much in dc universe, as I supose many don't, and turn it into a great presence - ''keepin' it real'' kinda magic..
:)

yeah I liked that one, the subtle stuff like that with Marsters delivery was great. :up: Everyone complains when the references are too overt like a lot of the ones AC was making but then you have Fine do a great one like that, and hardly anyone catches it or talks about it.... Go figure :confused:

wtf..... i mentioned that line twice and got no love....... from anyone..... what is this hate on the musc thread

boyscouT said:
That's all subjective, which is why i gave both perspectives, not just mine. Some colleges are harder than others, and even then, it is subjective to each student on what 'hard' really is.

Hmmm. I'm not exactly sure what kind of response to give to this because you obviously think noone else on the boards puts any thought into their posts. Yes, some colleges and courses of study are harder. Some students are more serious and studious and tend to work harder. Some people have to work as well as attend school. Gee, I could go on and on, but that's really not the topic of discussion.

You're problem with Tom is that he's not as cut or defined as his guest stars. He's already said in interviews that he doesn't have much time to work out and I have a feeling he's a guy who actually tries to spend what little free time he has enjoying life. At least, I would hope so.

I'm glad that you take time for yourself. I think it's wonderful that you want to be healthy and look good. It's a TV show and if they don't feel Tom is supermanly enough you'll notice a difference in the rest of the season. They will make sure he has the time he needs and the trainers. I personally would like to think that some of those not-so-thoughtful posters have the right idea. They're building him up to be something to remember. He's not Superman yet.

what all happened in the scenes with Brainac? I got home a little late and just caught the end of the scene with him and Clark where they look like they were on a college campus. Thanx for the info guys.

The Batman said:
It was an alright episode. The guy who played Aquaman was a bit weak, and AC was too surfer like. I also wished they delved a bit more into AC's history. Like the Flash ep, they didnt delve much into his origin, which is kinda disappointing. Lex becoming more vicious was nice to see, though
Maybe we'll see more of him in future episodes and I think he did well enough to possibly warrant his own series which would be interesting. Then they could go into his orgin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"