Archer

They are going to have a "creativly addressed" resolution for her character is how I saw it phrased.

Also, are seasons getting shorter, or is time just flying that fast? I actually can't believe the upcoming episode is already the season finale.

Seasons are typically 8-13 episodes with the last 4 out of 5 being 8 and one (season 10) being 9.

Malory's presence is definitely missed. It's interesting to see how unqualified everyone is for leadership, but I do like seeing the team work on their own without a bonafide leader to guide them. Even the seemingly most qualified, like Lana or even Cyril, have some level of chaos to them.

All the more reason to make Cheryl the leader, I feel!

It hasn't hit the highs it had right before the 'one-off' seasons.

Season 14 premiers tonight.

sZdXrQs.jpg

Lana settled into essentially becoming the new Malory quicker than I expected!

Apparently this week's episode is the series finale.

Season has been ok but really didn't have a final season feel. I feel like the last season would've been a better note to go out on in terms of character development, character moments, etc. I'm still confused why Zara was added even if she ends up being a traitor

BUt maybe they'll wrap things up with a straight to Hulu movie

Yeah the season sort of just flew by so fast that it's surprising that tonight is the finale. Really, they probably could have ended things with Malory's send-off, but I did also like Lana being promoted to her position, if just for her character development. I also don't get the point of adding Zara. She feels like someone to just have banter with Archer, but he has literally the entire team for that.

EDIT: This episode doesn't really have a finale feel to it, but there was a commercial saying there would be an Archer announcement at New York Comic Con this week. I have to wonder...could it be a TV movie or special as a final sendoff?

Last edited:
Yeah the season sort of just flew by so fast that it's surprising that tonight is the finale. Really, they probably could have ended things with Malory's send-off, but I did also like Lana being promoted to her position, if just for her character development. I also don't get the point of adding Zara. She feels like someone to just have banter with Archer, but he has literally the entire team for that.

EDIT: This episode doesn't really have a finale feel to it, but there was a commercial saying there would be an Archer announcement at New York Comic Con this week. I have to wonder...could it be a TV movie or special as a final sendoff?
I'm guessing it'll be a movie of some sort. The finale was just sort of...okay, I guess.

Guess we'll be waiting until this evening to find out!

FX’s Archer: Exclusive Screening

FX’s Archer, the hit animated spy comedy, returns to the Big Apple for one last blow-out celebration! Join us for a can’t-miss screening of never-before-seen footage and stay for additional surprises including a NYCC-exclusive giveaway and a very special announcement!

EDIT: Three episode finale coming on December 17th.

Last edited:
It's probably the least surprising news I've read this week. There is no way the series was going to end on that finale.

It's probably the least surprising news I've read this week. There is no way the series was going to end on that finale.
Yep! Was expecting a movie but a miniseries is great too!

Also, they gave us shirts at the panel! They basically showed a retrospective montage followed by this week's episode then the first act of the first episode of the miniseries. Very to the point.

I thought the finale was pretty good. Not great or spectacular, but a good enough sendoff for the show and definitely had more finality than the season finale did. It was nice to see everyone get a moment to shine, and bringing back past characters really made this feel like the series finale. The idea of Archer and Pam being out there causing havoc on their own while Lana tracks them down provides a recipe for some fun, and it was nice that they actually remembered AJ- as in actually showing her!

Obviously it would have been nice to have Malory here too, but she got as perfect of a sendoff as she could have gotten, given Jessica Walter's passing. Even though Archer's last few seasons, in my opinion, haven't been as strong as the earlier ones, I will miss it now that it's over, and while this finale didn't have everything, I'm glad the gang got one last adventure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"