ARROW Season 3 Episode 18 Public Enemy

Discussion in 'Arrow' started by luis4u, Mar 11, 2015.

?

rated

1. 10

2. 9

3. 8

4. 7

5. 6

6. 5

7. 4

8. 3

9. 2

10. 1

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Slade W "Who Is Slade?"

That is a very good idea and would make a great story but it wont be happening. The promos showed that it is Oliver who tries to break him out and it is hard to imagine that he will fail.

2. herolee10 No More Miracles

Given that we'll see Captain Lance interacting with Joe West in a upcoming episode of "The Flash", do you guys think that someone like Joe could be used to potentially knock some sense into Lance when it comes to how the Police Department could (should) view costumed heroes?

Unlike Starling City at the moment, Central City's Police Department seems to have embraced the Flash with open arms, with Captain Singh always asking Joe to contact the Flash whenever things get too crazy for them.

3. Slade W "Who Is Slade?"

It is a possibility but I think that however Lance goes back to embracing costumed heroes, it will happen on Arrow as not every Arrow fan watches The Flash. An explanation for why he re-accepts Oliver again will have to be given on the show.

4. Seb We are all Bat-People

Well, that episode technically takes place before this one, and in this one he called Barry a freak, so not exactly sure where that puts him. (Gorram CW with their stupid messed up air-times)

5. Loki882 Registered

Seeing Joe and Lance interact is something that I've wanted for awhile. The compare/contrasts between them are interesting. They're both the "cop" figures, as well as father-figures (or actual father in Lance's case) to vigilantes. But they handle things VERY differently.

Lance is very cynical and bitter and, when things go badly for him, he tends to self-destruct and lash out. Joe, on the other hand, seems to try and maintain a more or less positive outlook on things, and seems much more well-adjusted.

6. the dmg The Funky Homosapien

Loved it!

Lance and Oliver in the back of the Police Truck was well done. Pure emotion about Oliver and his actions as the Arrow. Lance in general throughout the episode was great. I thought Ra's set everything up perfectly to really **** over Oliver and give him no other choice but to accept the offer of taking the mantle over. He proceeds to set Team Arrow up through buying the police time to get to the rooftop. That whole police chase was pretty awesome by the way.

Ra's capturing Lance and telling him who the Arrow was as opposed to torturing him so Oliver would take the mantle was great. Ra's wants to give Ollie no other option but to take it. He turned Lance, who can abuse his power right now and who is in deep mourning/betrayal, and created the manhunt. It's a natural reaction for blaming others as opposed to realizing that Sara made those decisions/mistakes on her own. I think it was a bit interesting that Roy and Thea weren't taken into custody when the police raided the club.

Roy stepping up was a nice touch, as we saw glimpses in previous episodes and he is finally able to help Ollie through taking the fall. With Lance having no proof and Roy donning the costume only to unmask screws his case against Ollie once again, and clears him yet again. I hope the stuff Ray was injected with leads to him being less Iron Man and more like his comic counterpart.

This basically imploded Oliver.

I wasn't a fan of Felicity's mom showing up out of nowhere and being Felicity's inner thoughts. I really rolled my eyes at her speech to Felicity about still having feelings for Oliver, which is like no ****, we just saw her reaction and conflict ion to Ray telling Felicity he loves her. The Shado twin thing was stupid as well, it could have worked with any person really for that bit about the truth being important. I still find it funny that the police interrogation room has no cameras, audio, or someone watching behind the glass. A lot of **** happens in that room that exposes things all the time. I hope this also finally means the end of the Arrow Cave under the nightclub and they move into the alternate bunker.

7. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

How will anyone believe that Roy is the Arrow? Lance knows he's not as he's seen him in the red costume and next to the Arrow. Also, Roy is shorter than Oliver. Won't that be noticeable?

Are they going to have a Spartacus situation where everyone is going to claim that they are the Arrow? I thought that Malcolm might do it. In fact, I thought it was him at first before Roy unmasked.

8. Loki882 Registered

Because the plot said so. That' basically been the "justification" for everything this season. Although in this case, there's more evidence pointing to Roy than to Oliver:

-Roy-Publically claimed to be GA, while wearing the suit, and shooting at a police van with obvious archery skills.

-Oliver-Because one detective (who has a history of alcoholism/going off the rails) said so. The same detective who arrested him for being GA two years ago, only to then have him publically "cleared."

They could probably get away with the height thing by saying that most people haven't gotten a clear enough looks at GA to tell exactly how tall he is.

9. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Someone needs to clear Roy's name now, otherwise he will be in prison and won't be able to operate as part of Team Arrow.

Maybe Maseo will have a change of heart and will show up in the Arrow costume and claim to be the vigilante.

But why should Lance just believe R'as Al Ghul anyway? How does he know that R'as isn't the Arrow himself? If he really were but pointed the finger at Oliver, would Lance just believe him because he's bitter at the moment?

10. Loki882 Registered

Yeah basically. Pretty much no one's thought-process/decision making has made sense this season.

11. Guts Smug

edit: double post

12. Guts Smug

I think they decided to get rid of the drug addiction for Roy and give him an addiction for doing flips.:o

13. The_Manhunter Zack Snyder & MCU Fan

Just had a hilarious image pop in my head of Ra's al Ghul in court:pal:

14. Infinight888 Registered

How, exactly, was Lance planning on Laurel without using his gun. What's to stop her from just clubbing him over the head? I'm actually a little disappointed that Nissa came along and we never got to see the outcome of their stand-off.

Also, does he have ANY idea what arresting her would mean? She wouldn't just be spending the night in jail. She would be held accountable for all of her sister's crimes as the Black Canary, including being an accessory to all of Oliver's crimes since season 2. Chances are, Laurel would be spending a few lifetimes in prison. Moreover, every single case she tried since acting as an Assistant DA would be called into question. By arresting her, he could be setting countless criminals free in the process.

15. king666 Registered

Captain Lance is being a huge big ******* right now. The "most hateable character" hot potato is on his hands now.

16. Human Torch Registered

I thought the same. In fact, Barrowman was listed in the credits and I was expecting them to hope people missed that and be surprised at the end. It actually took another viewing for me to realize they only had him in a 5 second scene in front of a tv. They were probably doing it on purpose to throw people off.

17. the dmg The Funky Homosapien

Most interactions were with Lance, so it's basically his word versus Roy's. Roy was dressed as the Arrow with the same voice modulator, and unmasked in public. Unless Lance discovered the Arrow Cave and had hard evidence before the manhunt, which I'm sure he would be getting a warrant to search the club soon, he doesn't have anything to tie Oliver to the Arrow. This is the second time an Arrow showed up while Oliver was in custody, so Lance can't do anything.
    Could be.

#167 the dmg, Apr 6, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2015
  18. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Malcolm is in the credits every week though, since he's part of the regular cast. There have been weeks he hasn't played but is still in the credits.

19. Human Torch Registered

I'm pretty sure that isn't the case,is it? Usually the opening has only the actors that are in that episode,I thought.

20. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Nope. There have been episodes where Katie Cassidy has been listed, and she has clearly not been in the episode. Same with Willa Holland. And even recently earlier this season there were some with John Barrowman listed and he wasn't in it. They always list the regular cast.

21. Destructus86 Registered

Personally I would prefer Oliver gets sent to a Supermax where he has to escape. :)

22. Seb We are all Bat-People

Would Diggle get arrested as accomplice, risking his own saftey to protect Oliver only for Oliver to escape without him? Then, Diggle would appear to die only to be given a new face and be recruited to Checkmate, rising through their ranks to become the Black Queen... Okay, I apologise to the writers, it's really tempting to Batman everything.

23. Infinight888 Registered

I don't read comics, so this reference confuses me... Did this happen to Alfred?

24. haephestus Registered

I liked elements of this episode, particularly some of the action scenes, but the character motivations for almost all of the actions in this episode were just bizarre.

And there were numerous elements which did not seem justifiable, even for a "comic book series" like Ray having magically already invented the exact technology needed to fix his problem, Laurel jumping off buildings with no thought for landing, Lance issuing arrest warrants for the vigilantes, but not publicly "outing" at least Roy and Felicity (if not Laurel as well), Lance issuing an arrest warrant for Oliver Queen for murder, vigilante activities, etc with absolutely no proof whatsoever since Ra's hardly provided a witness statement (and Lance freezing Thea's assets for the same dubious reason), Lance's heart surviving untold stresses, including being beaten and kidnapped by the League of Assassins and running a man-hunt for the vigilantes, including his own daughter, authorising lethal force, despite the fact that he supposedly couldn't survive being told of Sara's death when it originally happened.

I don't understand how Lance can possibly keep his job given the way he behaved in this episode. His actions were completely ludicrous and surely far outside lawful activities.

The most annoying aspect is that there were scenes and moments which were extremely compelling, reasonably well written and acted, but they were offset by ridiculous plot developments and characterisation.

25. Boy Scout Registered

Episode wasn't nearly as good as most would have you believe. I gave it a 6.

The writers are really determined to ruin everyone who isn't Laurel, aren't they?