Arrow ARROW Season 3 Episode 18 Public Enemy

I still find Diggle and Ra's to be in-character. Also, Nyssa is still awesome. But yeah, they took one of the few "reasonable" characters this season (Lance) and had him do a complete 180 turn to crazytown ludicrously fast.

Just got through watching this episode. The whole Arrow/Oliver giving up and going to jail just made me think of that Green Arrow movie they were thinking about making years ago where he was in a Super Max jail. I can't help but think that it would be interesting to see Oliver in a jail like that with many of the villains he put away on the show.

I don't read comics, so this reference confuses me... Did this happen to Alfred?

It's a reference to the Bruce Wayne: Murderer and Bruce Wayne: Fugitive storylines from around the turn of the century. Bruce got framed for murder and his then bodyguard/crime fighting partner in training/love interest Sasha Bordeaux got pegged as an accessory, since Bruce's kinda crappy alibi for the murder was that he and Sasha were beating the snot out of criminals at the time. Bruce got jumped by three thugs and he wrecked them. Worried he'd out himself as Batman, he broke out leaving Sasha behind. She got shanked and Checkmate saved her, giving her a new face. A bunch more stuff happened after that, and Sasha became super awesome and a major player in a short-lived Checkmate comic.

There's a huge amount of backstory leading up to the event and following it, but the long and short of it is that Bruce proved yet again that he'll protect everyone except the people he supposedly cares for most. (read: Jason, Sasha, Barbara, Damian, the Justice League, pretty much everyone he's teamed up with ever. Also he almost ruined the whole world with his Brother Eye shenanigans.) I may or may not have issues with Bruce Wayne being kind of the worst.

I can't help but think that it would be interesting to see Oliver in a jail like that with many of the villains he put away on the show.

I agree, but didn't Brick engineer the release of every villain that Team Arrow had imprisoned since the start of the series?

I vaguely recall some nonsensical storyline where Brick stole (and destroyed?) a bunch of hard copy records and supposedly that meant that the SCPD no longer had any evidence to keep any of the criminals captured by Team Arrow in jail.

It's a reference to the Bruce Wayne: Murderer and Bruce Wayne: Fugitive storylines from around the turn of the century. Bruce got framed for murder and his then bodyguard/crime fighting partner in training/love interest Sasha Bordeaux got pegged as an accessory, since Bruce's kinda crappy alibi for the murder was that he and Sasha were beating the snot out of criminals at the time. Bruce got jumped by three thugs and he wrecked them. Worried he'd out himself as Batman, he broke out leaving Sasha behind. She got shanked and Checkmate saved her, giving her a new face. A bunch more stuff happened after that, and Sasha became super awesome and a major player in a short-lived Checkmate comic.

There's a huge amount of backstory leading up to the event and following it, but the long and short of it is that Bruce proved yet again that he'll protect everyone except the people he supposedly cares for most. (read: Jason, Sasha, Barbara, Damian, the Justice League, pretty much everyone he's teamed up with ever. Also he almost ruined the whole world with his Brother Eye shenanigans.) I may or may not have issues with Bruce Wayne being kind of the worst.

Damnit! I was really hoping Alfred was the one who became Black Queen. That's disappointing...

Full Disclosure:
Thanks for the info, though I actually looked it up on Wikipedia last week, about five seconds after my joke about Alfred. And I agree. Bruce is a dick. (As was the first Robin, come to think of it.)

I think they decided to get rid of the drug addiction for Roy and give him an addiction for doing flips.:o

LOL but honestly, I do like a occasional flip...

Someone mentioned about Lance discovering the Arrow cave and if that wouldn't lead to Oliver, but since the begning of the season Roy is the manager of the club and on the first season Lance got to investigate the basement and Tommy had rearranged it to look like a deposit.

So we have Lance with a personal back story with Oliver who was responsable for the death of his daughter, he tried to put him in jail first season, he was cleared, now he tries again and for the second time he can't really have evidence against him, so there is nothing really that Lance can do to incriminate Oliver I think....

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"