As a man, when was the last time you cried?

you just joined, what do you need to start a thread for? browse around, post and check it out first

^He wants a hook up, damn. Cut the brother some slack. :o

I really can't remember. Probably in 2001 when I was sent to the middle east for work right after 9/11 and my best friend decided to hang themselves in their closet. She was always really depressed and I was there for her most of times she needed someone to talk to. I came back to the US and was told by one of my other friends that the note she left stated that since I went away, she didn't have anybody else or something to that extent, I blamed myself heavily for what she did... but since then, I've accepted that it wasn't my fault. It was definitely one of the low points in my life... but I live and learn and move on, which is more than I can say for what she did.

Probably when my dad died two years ago.

I've done the holding back tears with every fibre of my being at a few things. Up and Toy Story 3 would be the main ones. Then there's when Nana died in the Royale Family, that was killing me.

Actially crying would have been when my cat died. I didn't do it infront of my parents, cause my mum was really upset about it, but later that night, yeh, I cried about about it. I also cried at the end of Saving Private Ryan when Tom Hanks dies and when it sunk in that Wash was dead in Serenity I cried a little.

Then there was the proper bawling my eyes out with tears and snot and the utter failure to say real words. That was a few years back and I was at a girls house and she was like "we can still be friends" and I was like "but I don't want to be friends..." then she left the room, then I went to see what was up, she told me to leave, I went back to the other room, sat down and exploded with tears. Every so often I think about her randomly and feel a bit sad.

The other day when I was out of cheesy puffs :csad:

Last time I cried uncontrollably, day before Thanksgiving and the next few days. My Wife and I had major major fight. I honestly thought our marriage was over, 6 months after our daughter (our first) was born. There was a lot more that went on, over the next few days, that I won't post. But I spent a lot of those days either numb or crying. Though things worked out or are in the process of being worked out now.

I will say that I used to be the guy that bottled everything up. I was raised in a family that Men didn't cry. I remember going to a funeral when I was 8 or so for my Grandfather, on my Dad's side. Not my Father, nor my two Uncles, ever shed one tear. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen my Father cry, even when the love of his life (not my Mom) was in coma for over a year or when she passed away. Probably why we both ended up drunks and I've had a stint in rehab and a relapse or two. Though now almost three years sober.

So, yeah, anybody that bottles up emotions is asking for a world of trouble.

A week ago when I beat 'The Walking Dead'. Easily the most emotional game ever.

For the last few years I've been in the depths of depression. A combination of health issues and a severely strained relationship with my family. 2012 seemed to of been the worst it seems. So the last time I cried was on New Years Eve. Because in my mind I was like, Oh I wonder how much better 2013 is going to be! I only cried for a minute or two and stopped, because I actually felt ashamed of myself. Not because I'm a man. I felt ashamed because there are people in this world who are suffering much worse, so who am I to weep?

Dad died when I was only 5, admittedly I didn't even know what was going on but I knew it wasn't good and I lost a great person in my life forever I was in the car the whole time just bawling my eyes out.

The next time was when we had to put my dog (he was a yellow lab) to sleep and watch him float away. That night my mom decided we should go see Marley & Me. After coming home from the movie I couldn't go to sleep so I bawled my eyes out till the sun came up.

Another instance where I bawled my eyes out was when me and my bet friend decided to go see toy story 3, I think half of our other friends were their and after the movie ended that same group even my best friend just laughed and cried at the same time for about an hour outside the theater.

About 1.5 years ago when my Grandma died. Close family got a call that they believed she was about to die. I sat by her bedside for hours trying to comfort her, even though she couldn't hear me (I think, her eyes were open, but she was unresponsive). Everyone else went to grab a snack, while I chose to stay behind just in case. Her breathing noticeably slowed, so I went to get my family from the cafeteria, and a nurse. I saw her take her final breath, and just froze. It wasn't until the nurse checked her pulse and said she passed away that I lost it.

Honestly, I can't even remember the last time I cried and it really bothers me. It's probably been something like three years maybe? And I'm not one of those people who thinks crying is for sissies. Like a lot of you, I believe in a good cry. As someone stated, it's healthy and definitely alleviates some of the stress inside.

*I did tear up during Toy Story 3 though I remember that now*

I think the closest I've gotten to crying were on two occasions last year. Both were during films.

The first was The Gray. I nearly lost it at the end of that film. I don't really know why I didn't. I was w/a friend and this girl that I had been talking to. But I don't think they had anything to do with me not being able to let it out. I don't know, it's hard to explain.

The other time was a during "End of Watch". That ending almost got to me but again, I just for some reason couldn't let it out.

Reading this thread is bringing me to tears.

I really can't remember. Probably in 2001 when I was sent to the middle east for work right after 9/11 and my best friend decided to hang themselves in their closet. She was always really depressed and I was there for her most of times she needed someone to talk to. I came back to the US and was told by one of my other friends that the note she left stated that since I went away, she didn't have anybody else or something to that extent, I blamed myself heavily for what she did... but since then, I've accepted that it wasn't my fault. It was definitely one of the low points in my life... but I live and learn and move on, which is more than I can say for what she did.

That was really unfair what she did to you. People like that are naturally self-destructive. If you had stayed in America, she would have eventually found another reason to kill herself.

I've had a number of friends kill themselves. First one, and the one that affected me the most, was when I was only 17. My friend was 15 and killed himself over something as stupid as his girlfriend breaking up with him, but I suspect his problems ran a lot deeper and that was just the excuse. I cried a lot over that and still think about it now. The 13th anniversary of his death was a few days ago.

Where in the Middle East did you go?

That was really unfair what she did to you. People like that are naturally self-destructive. If you had stayed in America, she would have eventually found another reason to kill herself.

I've had a number of friends kill themselves. First one, and the one that affected me the most, was when I was only 17. My friend was 15 and killed himself over something as stupid as his girlfriend breaking up with him, but I suspect his problems ran a lot deeper and that was just the excuse. I cried a lot over that and still think about it now. The 13th anniversary of his death was a few days ago.

Where in the Middle East did you go?

I agree that it was unfair but I don't like my memory of her to be too ill... though I can't help but still feel angry at the thought. I do miss her. I couldn't imagine having "a number of friend kill themselves". That must be devastating to live with. It's something I hope to never encounter again for the rest of my life.

I was in Afghanistan, it was not fun.

About 20 months ago when my dog was hit and killed by a car a full three days after my engagement with my ex-fiancée collapsed. It was the worst week of my life and put me in a depression for about six months.

Ug, I know your pain. Coincidentally, the last time I cried was when my first childhood dog died, which was a few weeks after my last living grandparent died...which happened mere hours after my own engagement ended. That was the hardest few months of my life.

^That's right. You x chromosomes be crying all the damn time. :cmad:

I was going to post something funny/snarky, but after reading a few pages, I'm depressed now. Several of you have been through some gutwrenching tragedies.:csad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"