• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Comics Asm #534 *spoilers*

SpideyInATree said:
If your going to go on the notion that Spider-Man's powers are, on paper, better than Cap's. Yeah, he's going to beat Captain America.

But you're not taking into account that Captain America can ACTUALLY FIGHT where as Peter Parker does NOT KNOW HOW TO FIGHT. He just punches things and uses his spider strength, and uses his smarts to get him through the battle. If he actually knew how to box or knew fighting strategy he'd be twice as dangerous.

But he never learned because he never had the time. Captain America is a tactician, and Peter Parker is not. Does that mean Captain America is going to beat him everytime? No.

But lets take in account the story.

Earlier Peter was side by side with Tony Stark. Tony mentions Peter's spider sense and Peter wonders, "Hmm, how'd he know about that?". So, Pete suspects that Tony is watching him through the suit or, at least, downloading information somehow.

Now, you don't think Tony wouldn't notice if Pete stood there and struck a deal with Captain America? You don't think Peter didn't just want to say, "Hey, you're right...lets go out there and save people". But he couldn't do that, he had to do what he didn't want to do. And it's the POINT of this story and why he made the wrong decision.

No, the story wasn't crap. You just seem upset that Captain America got shots in on Spider-Man because he's "automatically invincible because he has a spider-sense and is more powerful than Captain America". Spider-Man isn't invincible. Christ, The Shocker used to get huge shots in on him. Even the Kingpin has gotten shots in on Spider-Man. So, you think that a superhero, like Captain America, who is WAY stronger and agile than Kingpin couldn't nail Spider-Man with a few shots? Especially after the fact that Cap has had time to study Spider-Man being that they were on the same team?
Sorry Chum, I have to disagree. If you spend ten years of your life fighting.....yeah, you weren't formally train but you KNOW HOW TO FIGHT. It's kind of like this (and I know this analogy has been used to death), if you have a 5 year old who is a martial arts expert, and a 21 year old athlete who although not formally trained, has been fighting on the street for ten years, who's has the advantage? Just because Spidey doesn't hold a black belt from the Pat Morita school of martial arts, doesn't mean he isn't verse on hand to hand combat.

Also, Cap is HUMAN!! Sure he's a kick-ass physical speciman who can lay a beat-down with the best of them, but if he's fighting an opponent who has Super-Human Agility, VASTLY SUPERIOR STRENGTH, VASTLY SUPERIOR SPEED, and a precognitive sense that alerts him to danger and automatically triggers his reflexes to avoid danger......well, don't you think the fight could have written a little better than that? I mean, when Cap threw his shield at Spidey, what the hell was it ricocheting off of?

J. J. Jameson said:
You're comparing Cap's strength to the Hulk? Hulk could crush Cap.

Or are you saying that cap trying to fighting spiderman is like spider-man trying to take on the hulk? While I wouldn't go so extreme as that, yes. I do know that Cap is under Spider-Man in terms of strength.

well actually i think it is a pretty good comparison, last time i checked Captain America could lift somewehre between 600 lbs and a ton, and spider-man could lift 10 tons, but iv seen someone post that hes gotten stronger since when he first got bit and can lift about 30 tons now, but anyways well go with the 10 tons, so that puts the strength and probably also speed and agility ratio at about 1:10 in spideys favor.

now if hulk is in the class 100, then in comparison, it would again be 1:10 in hulks favor this time, so yah i think i made a good comparison

but if spidey performed so badly because he didnt want to fight but had to make it look like a fight for Stark, then im fine with that, as long as when spidey switches sides they acknowledge that spidey should have stomped all over cap, im sorry i just dont like seeing my favorite character being pretty much defeated by someone so much less powerful, its as bad as that time daredevil owned him

Obviously you didn't actually "read" the story. But think what you will.

Sorry to fart in your soupbowl bud, but I did. I may not be able to back up my opinion with a 20 page thesis, but I can state my most base thoughts with confidence.

Venomfan said:
well actually i think it is a pretty good comparison, last time i checked Captain America could lift somewehre between 600 lbs and a ton, and spider-man could lift 10 tons, but iv seen someone post that hes gotten stronger since when he first got bit and can lift about 30 tons now, but anyways well go with the 10 tons, so that puts the strength and probably also speed and agility ratio at about 1:10 in spideys favor.

now if hulk is in the class 100, then in comparison, it would again be 1:10 in hulks favor this time, so yah i think i made a good comparison

but if spidey performed so badly because he didnt want to fight but had to make it look like a fight for Stark, then im fine with that, as long as when spidey switches sides they acknowledge that spidey should have stomped all over cap, im sorry i just dont like seeing my favorite character being pretty much defeated by someone so much less powerful, its as bad as that time daredevil owned him

I understand now. You're saying that Spider-Man going against Cap is like the Hulk going against Spider-Man. And yes, that is a good comparison. And it really points out how much Spidey didn't want to fight. Nice perspective.

This thread has a lot of good response in it :up: .....Now if only the rest of the Hype! could learn :):up:

Ultimate Kaine said:
Sorry to fart in your soupbowl bud, but I did. I may not be able to back up my opinion with a 20 page thesis, but I can state my most base thoughts with confidence.

Nobody is asking for a 20 page thesis, heh. Tony Stark is spying on Peter with the Iron Spidey suit. Stark would have known if Pete would have struck a deal with Cap or had a talk with him.

Notice how there wasn't a winner or a loser. And how Peter stopped the thugs from taking Cap's shield and put it higher on the building so no one but Cap could grab it? But Spider-Man should eat his own **** for doing that, huh? Heh. Like I said, think what you will.

SpideyInATree said:
Nobody is asking for a 20 page thesis, heh. Tony Stark is spying on Peter with the Iron Spidey suit...... Like I said, think what you will.

Yet Spider-Man has ALREADY revealed to IM and half the superhero community that he has a spider-sense and what it does!!!

Marvel sucks donkey balls. As does Spider-Man.:down

USMC said:
Yet Spider-Man has ALREADY revealed to IM and half the superhero community that he has a spider-sense and what it does!!!

Marvel sucks donkey balls. As does Spider-Man.:down

You just took 5 years off my life.

SpideyInATree said:
Nobody is asking for a 20 page thesis...
I am. Why should I be the only one who writes the damn things? :p

(Actually, my output's been way low. Something wrong with that...)

My anger over this issue has subsided a little bit with the notion that Spidey's heart wasn't into it and it is shown down the road that Peter realized that Tony was watching all along so Spidey had to give a good performance. If people feel that this is demeaning to Cap, who cares. Spidey can squash Cap while sleepwalking. You are not suppose to get beat by someone inferior like Cap and Daredevil. Marvel still have plenty of time to bring the webslinger back to prominence before the Civil War ends.

You always fight harder and better when you believe in the fight and what it stands for. Like a father fighting to protect his children from an intruder or something. Pete was already having doubts when the fight began - and then Captain America tells you he knows you and knows what you really believe in - that's gonna suck the wind outta anyone.

I read the issue, the fight was drawn really well and overall it was a good issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"