Comics ASM #547 (spoilers)

This issue was better than part one... nice flow to it mixed in with some long-overdue Spider-Man action...

I feel sorry for the boycotters... :cwink:

:yay:

This issue was better than part one... nice flow to it mixed in with some long-overdue Spider-Man action...

When the action sequences are done correctly with an artist that can handle it, Spider-man is easily the most entertaining superhero to see in an action sequence. No other character even comes close.

When the action sequences are done correctly with an artist that can handle it, Spider-man is easily the most entertaining superhero to see in an action sequence. No other character even comes close.

Amen brother.

This is a testament to why this "characterization writer" era is so wrong to begin with. They don't let the artists let loose with inventive action!

Yeah. We even got some of that sequential flipping through the air we havent seen in like, forever. :word:

Didnt anyone else get the impression Robbie still suspects Peter is Spidey?

Yeah. We even got some of that sequential flipping through the air we havent seen in like, forever. :word:

Been a while since Spidey looked that graceful.

I'll be VERY upset if Spidey doesn't ask the new villain sometime in this storyline "Why so Negative?" :D

I loved this issue. Thought it was better than part 1, probably because part 1 was just to introduce reader's to Peter's world now and this issue finally showcased some action.

McNiven draws the best looking Spidey I've seen in ages. His art especially shines on the close ups on Spidey's face and all of the action poses he was portrayed in.

Slott writes something that feels like a Spider-Man story. And it feels like a situation that you would find Spidey in. I'm looking forward to next week's conclusion, but I just wish that these two stayed on the title longer.

Oh and the thing at the end about Marvel saying Spidey is dead and all we'll get is ads next issue...:woot:

When I first reviewed it in the Early B/T, honestly, I was a little meh on parts of it. After reading it a few times, I was surprised at a few things: 1) that I read it multiple times-I hardly ever do that any more, even with comics I like. 2)how much I liked it on each successive reading. I think part of the problem is that I've been so conditioned to be looking for the next event, that a "normal" spidey-story caught me off guard. So all those people complaining about Spidey jumping from event to event were right, and I was wrong. I didn't realize how long that's been going on. It is very sadly ironic to me that spidey fans are finally going to get the comic that they always wanted, but many of them will never read it.

To sum up: love the supporting cast, absolutely love the art, love the new villain, love the pace. The only thing that I don't like is that people are denying themselves a good spidey yarn. They have been sorely missed.

When I first reviewed it in the Early B/T, honestly, I was a little meh on parts of it. After reading it a few times, I was surprised at a few things: 1) that I read it multiple times-I hardly ever do that any more, even with comics I like. 2)how much I liked it on each successive reading. I think part of the problem is that I've been so conditioned to be looking for the next event, that a "normal" spidey-story caught me off guard. So all those people complaining about Spidey jumping from event to event were right, and I was wrong. I didn't realize how long that's been going on. It is very sadly ironic to me that spidey fans are finally going to get the comic that they always wanted, but many of them will never read it.

To sum up: love the supporting cast, absolutely love the art, love the new villain, love the pace. The only thing that I don't like is that people are denying themselves a good spidey yarn. They have been sorely missed.

I don't blame people for not wanting to read it though. I can't. Not after everything that has happened in recent Spidey stories.

Don't waste your energy, just your money. :cwink: :p

Don't waste your energy, just your money. :cwink: :p

at 3 times a month....psshhh...

man. Was digging the subscription thing. Comics for a year or 2! now it winds down to like half a year....

Thought it would be a good idea to have a thread soley dedicated to discussing the current issue on it's own. Please save all your "Joe Q is a prick" and "they just wiped out 20 years of continuity" comments for the OMD and BND threads, respectively. :yay:

I hope this keeps up because I refuse to post in the other topics where some Bigshot from behind his keyboard :whatever: trys to egg you on for having an opinion, or completley twisting around the premise of a story just so they can make it look bad. I don't care if someone disagrees with me, but trying to be clever and wasting space on these threads just doesn't work for me.

That being said....... Spider-man is definitley back.

Excellent issue! It's been so long since I've seen Spidey this much in character! When he busts through the skylight and starts with the wisecracks, I said to myself "yep! the main man is back":up:
My theory on what happens next issue (I don't know if it's considered a spoiler 'cause I might be wrong but I putting a warning anyway)

The gas Mr. Negative used needed Bruno's blood (it looked that way) to work. Earlier in the issue Bruno says that each of his parents belonged to each of the mob families therefore sharing DNA from both sides of the family. So the gas Mr. Negative used, along with the tablet's code, only affects the mob families who share the same DNA as Bruno. Then Spidey wouldn't be affected except for maybe a slight side affect.
It feels good to be excited about Spidey again.:yay:

The gas Mr. Negative used needed Bruno's blood (it looked that way) to work. Earlier in the issue Bruno says that each of his parents belonged to each of the mob families therefore sharing DNA from both sides of the family. So the gas Mr. Negative used, along with the tablet's code, only affects the mob families who share the same DNA as Bruno. Then Spidey wouldn't be affected except for maybe a slight side affect.

Wow, nice catch. :up:

Seriously? I thought that was kind of obvious. (I mean, no-one really expected Petey to die did they?)

Of course not. :oldrazz: But I had forgotten that Bruno was related to both families.

Btw, can anyone make sense of the Hood reference? I'm getting kind of tired myself at trying to reconcile Bendis' New Avengers with the rest of the MU.

Don't. I'm doing just fine reading the great books I'm reading, and not getting mad doing it.

FANTASTIC! I just read it and it was fantastic!

Last issue (last week :word: ) had the difficult task of setting up Spidey's Brand New Day for us while also kicking off various plot-threads. And I think it did a great job doing so. :up:

But this week with the intros over the story is fireing on all cylinders. And it was all there. Everything I have championing since BND was announced. The soap-opera: JJJ's heart attack. The supervillain plot: Mr. Negative's plans. And the sub-plot: The Spider-mugger.

All naturally intertwined in the classic Spidey style and none of it at a stretch.

And I LOVE that ASM is (almost) weekly now. It's (almost) a dream come true. Monthly comics: :down: :woot:

By the way, as I mentioned in the BND thread last week, Mr. Negative is DEFINITELY
Mr. Li
. You can really tell in some of the close ups. Also, think about how
Mr. Li
was dressed last issue... then think of what the Negative image of that would be.

Also, well done Spider greg. Of course that's how Spidey survives! I should've thought of that :whatever: :up:

Don't. I'm doing just fine reading the great books I'm reading, and not getting mad doing it.

I really wasn't... I couldn't care less... at the same time, I'm just happy that people are reading ANY type of comics... the medium needs as many readers as it can muster in these days of internet/videos/games etc.

Read Rex Mundi... it's one of the better books you're NOT reading...

Unless, of course, if you are reading it... :csad:

Y

I got that impression, Cap!

That was always something I loved about the character. I was always waiting for the day it was revealed that he knew, similar to what happened with Capt. Stacy (the comic book character,that is), only without the dieing. The unmasking during Civil War robbed us of that. But, at least we had Robbie's reaction with JJJ in Friendly Neighborhood, that indicated he had suspected. But it would have been nicer if it was more like the Capt. Stacy exchange. (Another thing the unmasking ruined!)

I'm still reading the comic, despite the fact I hate the whole thing leading to this status quo. It is enjoyable because we have the old wise cracking Spidey back (although he was still around in New Avengers, which made no sense). I also like the gang war type stuff. I have fond memories of the 80's stories with Hobgoblin, Rose, Kingpin, Jack-O-Latern, and those guys, with Spidey in the middle of the gang wars.

Yeah... I missed it initially, but saw it once I read your post... nice touch.

I hope we see more...

And I suspect that we'll always feel that Robbie "knows"... also another missed touch.

Slott is hitting a home run thus far, I hope the other writers can keep pace...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"