Assassin's Creed IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pirates plus Assassins Creed would be really cool. I love pirate stuff, better than ninjas. :o

Very intriguing, I'm still behind on playing any of the series unfortunately. But this year I will correct that!

Maybe Desmond isn't dead? He collapsed...but maybe he's just in a coma?

Nope definitely dead.

I gotta be honest, ever since I heard of the Black Flag rumors I was hoping they wouldn't be true, still am, but it's looking more and more likely. I just don't see the appeal of pirates as much as everyone else. Also the new protagonist being Haytham`s father is so lazy. None of that matters though since i'll still pick this up day one and play the bad place out of it.

I really liked Haytham and was hoping for more playtime with him so I am excited for this. And way happy about the sea fairing bit. Now imagine a Master & Commander game

Nope definitely dead.

That's gotta be the least definite death I've ever seen in any medium of fiction.

This conference in London started 3 and a half hours ago. We should be getting official new any minute now.

Last edited:
That's gotta be the least definite death I've ever seen in any medium of fiction.

This conference in London started 3 and a half hours ago. We should be getting official new any minute now.

No, he's dead.

Also, any info from the conference is embargoed until Monday.

No, he's dead.

Also, any info from the conference is embargoed until Monday.

:argh: How about you embargo this Ubisoft

*sends them pictures of me mooning them*

I don't think we'll know for sure about Desmond for a while.

Dammit. I want an awesome swashbuckling trailer now!

acbfkeyartjpg-4802d0-610x859.jpg

Officially confirmed, no details but a full announcement with plot details on IGN this Monday.

Also, I don't think that previous screenshot was legit.

This could be really fun. Would like to see pirates in the AC universe!

I'm tired of the franchise and stopped caring as soon as I finished AC IV&saw it's ending..However I'm interested IF it's Connor focused and would be instantly sold IF there's no modern protagonist&story and is a completely 100% a Connor story in his time

Oh:(,Fine then a game fully about a new character in the past,No machine&stuff and simply an Assassin from the past and set in the AC universe

I'm tired tired of the series, but at the same time, I don't feel as excited about this one. Maybe some gameplay will change my mind, but like I said before, a game based mostly on naval combat wouldn't be the reason why I play an AC game.

Pirates? Lord.

I'm not digging that it's only going to be a year for the next numbered game. They should have taken their time like with two and three. The fact that it's now numbered and subtitled just means they are rushing to get it out. This is also hardly a new setting, it take place, what, maybe 30-50 years before ACIII?

ACIV should have been set all in the present with the Assassins and possibly Templars trying to take down Juno.

That's what AC 3 should have been and then THIS one could have been the start of a new trilogy

That's what AC 3 should have been and then THIS one could have been the start of a new trilogy

Exactly my thoughts. Desmond and Connor`s playtime should have been reversed. We should have played as Desmond the majority of the game with sequences in between playing as Connor to find the location of the power sources and then the key.

I would have loved for those missions in Brazil, New York, and Abstergo HQ to be longer.

I'm not digging that it's only going to be a year for the next numbered game. They should have taken their time like with two and three. The fact that it's now numbered and subtitled just means they are rushing to get it out. This is also hardly a new setting, it take place, what, maybe 30-50 years before ACIII?

ACIV should have been set all in the present with the Assassins and possibly Templars trying to take down Juno.
That's exactly why I'm not excited. Had this not been a numbered game, it would have been better because it really just sounds like a spin-off or prequel to ACIII. But the fact that its numbered but only coming out a year after ACIII just makes me question the quality.

I do wonder though, if they're rushing this out to get it in before the launch of next-gen consoles.

Exactly my thoughts. Desmond and Connor`s playtime should have been reversed. We should have played as Desmond the majority of the game with sequences in between playing as Connor to find the location of the power sources and then the key.

I would have loved for those missions in Brazil, New York, and Abstergo HQ to be longer.
Yeah, I had been waiting so long to play as a Modern Day Assassin with Desmond, but they kinda dropped the ball with that. Plus the "trilogy" ended in typical trilogy ending fashion where the main character sacrifices himself to stop something that started in the first one. Desmond was just underwhelming in that game, especially when you compare him to what Connor was doing.

This sequel seems to have been announced really soon after AC3, didn't that just come out last year?

I skipped AC3 (because I got bored and didn't finish 1 or 2) but the ship battles did look like a lot of fun. I'm far from sold, but if the details for this new game are appealing enough I might give it a whirl.

This is the first time we've had an AC game that has a number(IV) and a title to it(Black Flag). Wonder if that will be the case moving forward.

I like the idea of playing as Haytham's father, but I'm more anxious to see what will be of the present time storyline.

I was pretty much disappointed with AC III, it didn't kill my overall enthusiasm I had for the series but I can't seem to get excited for this one since despite it having an IV moniker this feels more like Brotherhood & Revelations rather than a true AC IV game.

I like the naval combat in III but is it enough to sustain sustain interest for a whole game? Might be for some but I don't think it'd be for me, we'll see however, and maybe it's just me but I wish for once they'd just let us engage into the whole assassins vs templars without the Animus aspect, considering how lame they've had handled the sci-fi mumbo jumbo I'm not looking forward what they'll do post-Desmond.

This is the first time we've had an AC game that has a number(IV) and a title to it(Black Flag). Wonder if that will be the case moving forward.

I like the idea of playing as Haytham's father, but I'm more anxious to see what will be of the present time storyline.
Wasn't Liberation marketed as "Assassin's Creed III: Liberation"?

Speaking of which, I tried playing that on my brother's Vita the other day and just couldn't get into it. But I would've loved to have seen that get ported to the PS3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"