Assassin's Creed Syndicate

I'll really be annoyed if they delay it again. :cmad:

Yeah, Square Enix has been really horrible as far as games like Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts are concerned.

that's why I'm not going to believe FF XV exists until I physically hold a copy in my hands. :o

Goddamn... Unity really hurt there reputation in the franchise.

But it just goes to show you that Ubisoft really cares about this franchise.

Assassin's Creed: The true spiritual successor to Ubisoft's acclaimed Prince of Persia series.

Hell i once read somewhere that the franchise saved them from total takeover by EA lol.

Too much of a good thing is never a good thing.

I finally got around to playing this and I loved it. I'd rank it third best, being ACII and Black Flag, but what I loved most about it was finally being able to play as a female assassin (Liberation doesn't count since it was a Vita game). I really hope that with the next game, we get another female, or at least the option to play and a few different assassins, but seeing as how it's rumored to be set in Ancient Egypt, I doubt it. But I really loved Evie and I definitely play as her more than I did with Jacob.

Two articles one with both video written form the other in full article form alone .

[YT]OujkFB5jc8I[/YT]

1,383 views1 day ago
EP Daily Rundown for July 8, 2016

The best thing about Friday is that you get a new edition of The Rundown, just like every other weekday! Today we discuss the latest on the outer space exploration game No Man's Sky, catch an update on the augmented reality gam
Pokémon Go, find out what prominent face is leaving Sony, assemble a story on the upcoming Lego movies, and finally, hear from Ubisoft about their long term plans for the Assassin’s Creed movie.
Everyone wants to play Pokémon on their smartphone. The new augmented reality game Pokémon Go is currently the number one app in the iOS store, following its release in the US, Australia, and New Zealand earlier this week. Pokémon Go uses augmented reality and GPS to allow you to seek out and catch Pokémon that are hidden in real-world locations throughout your hometown, and there are also special Pokémon gyms located around major landmarks, where players can battle each other for control. The developers hope to add more multiplayer options in the future, including the ability to challenge any player you encounter to a Pokémon battle, wherever you are. Unfortunately, at the time we’re shooting this, Pokémon Go still isn’t available in Canada, but hopefully that will change soon.
So what does the financial success of Pokémon Go mean for the future of the industry? The sales have already caused Nintendo’s shares to jump by more than ten percent; Nintendo didn’t really have much to do with the making of the game, but they do own a stake in The Pokémon Company and developer Niantic Labs. Success in the mobile market is exactly the kind of thing Nintendo needs right now after the poor sales of the Wii U, and this makes it seem that much more likely that they’ll want to put more resources into mobile development going forward. Even their new console, codenamed the NX, is rumoured to have some kind of mobile integration, although that’s just speculation at this point. Nintendo was a long holdout against mobile gaming, but finally released their first smartphone app miitomo earlier this year, and they’re planning to release Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing mobile games later this year.
The public face of Sony’s PlayStation division is changing. PlayStation’s VP of Third Party Relations and Developer Technology Adam Boyes is leaving the company. He joined Sony in 2012 and became one the most recognizable public faces of the PS4, appearing in multiple press conferences and funny promotional videos that helped drive early interest in the console. He also helped to bring countless third-party games to the system by working with outside developers. Adam Boyes says that leaving PlayStation was a very hard decision, but he’s decided to return to the development side of the industry; before he joined Sony, he was a developers like EA and Capcom. He hasn’t said where he’s going next, but we wish him the best of luck. You can watch one of our interviews with Adam by clicking the link on your screen or in the description below.

It’s going to take Hollywood an extra year to assemble the sequel to The Lego Movie. The follow up to the 2014 animated blockbuster has been delayed. It was originally slated to snap into theatres in 2018, but will now land in February 2019, five years after the first film debuted. The studio is using the extra time to reconstruct the script; The Wrap reports that the screenplay is being polish by comedian Raphael Bob-Waksberg, who created the Netflix series BoJack Horseman. Since it’s aimed at a younger audience, The Lego Movie Sequel probably won’t have the same kind of raunchy humour as BoJack. If you can’t wait until 2019 for more animated consumerism, there are plenty of other Lego movies on the way. The Lego Batman Movie will swoop into theatres in February 2017, followed by The Lego Ninjago Movie in September 2017.

A lot of movies seem like cynical Hollywood cash grabs, but not everyone looks at it that way. Ubisoft doesn’t think they’ll make a lot of money off the upcoming Assassin’s Creed movie, and that’s not why they wanted to make it. Speaking with MCV, the head of Ubisoft’s European division Alain Corre revealed that the big screen adaptation of the popular videogame franchise probably won’t earn them a lot of money. He says that they made it because they wanted to bring the Assassin’s Creed brand to a new audience, which would help drive interest in future games.
I guess that means they’ll make more money in the long run, but it’s good to know that they’re thinking of the film as more than just a way to make a quick buck. Ubisoft partnered with Twentieth Century Fox on the film, but they were adamant about maintaining a strong degree of creative control. They’re planning to do the same with upcoming adaptations of their other video game properties like Watch Dogs, The Division, and Splinter Cell, which are all in the early stages of development.

Hopefully the Assassin’s Creed movie is a success and doesn’t kill their plans. It hits theatres this December.

nd before we go,
we’d like to give you a friendly reminder that Rockstar’s Red Dead Redemption is now available to play on the Xbox One via backwards compatibility. To celebrate the relaunch, all of the game’s DLC has been discounted, and some of it is even available for free on the system. I know what I want to play this weekend. Rockstar is rumoured to be working on an all-new Red Dead game, so hopefully we won’t have to wait too much longer for that.

Also withbe low

generic.png

General : Former Ubi Dev Forms Studio to Bring Games to Life on Film

Posted Jul 09, 2016

Former CEO of the motion picture branch of Ubisoft, Jean-Julien Baronnet, has formed a new business called Marla Studios with the goal of bringing video game stories to the big screen.
According to Baronnet, it takes knowledge of both video games and film making to see a great story brought to life (similar to Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell).
“Producing a video game adaptation is a special process that not only requires movie production know-how, but also a deep understanding of gamer values and the video game creative process,” he told Variety. “The key is to have a close relationship with the game designers and to work with them on the key creative angles that will best cope with the game’s DNA. The key is to recognize the passion of gamers, given they spend hundreds of hours in that world. That makes it essential for the ‘universe’ of the game to be as accurate as possible.”
Baronnet is in the process of collaborating with several studios about movie adaptations of their games.
Check out the full article at Variety.
Thanks, Volgore!
Baronnet.jpg

source:
EPN.tv& MMORPG.com

Ezio Collection could be good but I wanted ACIII on PS4. This is disappointing. That is my favorite and it would be great to play it with stable framerate.

Hmm. I'm still surprised they haven't ported over Rogue. I was betting on it getting a PS4/XB1 release soon after it's release.

That Ezio Collection doesn't really make sense. Someone who plays the series for the first time misses the first and last Desmond game.

That Ezio Collection doesn't really make sense. Someone who plays the series for the first time misses the first and last Desmond game.

Its already been released as a collection

Assassins-Creed-Ezio-Trilogy-PS3-SDL086867719-1-4559c.jpg

It works thematically as intended; a collection of Ezio's tale. The modern day stuff has always been weak and I dont really think the first game is needed to jump into 2. All you really need to know is that Desmond can connect to memories of his ancestors via the Animus which Abstergo has used to locate Pieces of Eden. This is all handled in AC2 as well. 3 is more vital but then again thats been collected in the America's Collection which shares its own common theme. For all we know, that might end up being a 2nd Remaster Collection

The modern parts are still a big part of the games. I liked them and Desmond was great.

They finally released as trailer for the Ezio Collection:

A couple of things that worry me:
- It's an "Enhanced" version, not a remaster.
- It is being released on November 15th here in the US, which is the same day as Ubisoft's other big game, Watch Dogs 2.
- It doesn't seem to be a port of the PC version, but rather just an upscaled version of the originals.
- The lighting is "enhanced" but in a way where lights look brighter and colors are more saturated, which in my opinion, much like the Arkham games, hurts the tone of the game. As shown below:

Basically, another skip on the long list of skips for this remaster generation.

I actually just bought Revelations again, for $1.50, and it comes with AC1. I can get ACII and Brotherhood for less than $10, and ACIII and IV for less than $20.

This is most likely gonna be $60... admittedly still reasonable price for 3 very engaging games, but I have no problem still playing my PS3.

I actually bought ACII on PC this past weekend, and aside from this weird blur event during cutscenes, it looks and runs so smooth at 60fps. I just need to re-adjust myself to the old control schemes.

But this doesn't look like it's trying to copy that, and I wonder if they're just rushing this out to promote the movie, which is a shame because it's three good games that deserve to be properly remastered.

With that said, I'm happy the MP is not included. I may finally be able to platinum Brotherhood. I have a long hate relationship with that game for that reason.

I actually bought ACII on PC this past weekend, and aside from this weird blur event during cutscenes, it looks and runs so smooth at 60fps. I just need to re-adjust myself to the old control schemes.

But this doesn't look like it's trying to copy that, and I wonder if they're just rushing this out to promote the movie, which is a shame because it's three good games that deserve to be properly remastered.

With that said, I'm happy the MP is not included. I may finally be able to platinum Brotherhood. I have a long hate relationship with that game for that reason.

Ahh there is the answer. An annual installment that doesn't count because they're old games but still get an AC product on the shelf just in time for a brand new movie to maybe reinvigorate the franchise while people wait another year for the new game...

Ahh there is the answer. An annual installment that doesn't count because they're old games but still get an AC product on the shelf just in time for a brand new movie to maybe reinvigorate the franchise while people wait another year for the new game...
I mean, to be fair, rumors of this have been swirling around since way back in April when they officially announced that no new game would be coming. I'm totally down to play these games again, but at least do it right.

Is Unity that bad? I mean, I know the glitches were funny and everything with it going around social media. I skipped it, and kinda have looked back since. I used to buy every release, and even if it sat on my shelf for a year or two I managed to get through it and on to the next one.

Not sure how cheap Unity or Syndicate would have to be for me to take the dive. Unity would probably have to be damn near free, I think.

Is Unity that bad? I mean, I know the glitches were funny and everything with it going around social media. I skipped it, and kinda have looked back since. I used to buy every release, and even if it sat on my shelf for a year or two I managed to get through it and on to the next one.

Not sure how cheap Unity or Syndicate would have to be for me to take the dive. Unity would probably have to be damn near free, I think.
Syndicate is definitely worth it, especially if you can find it for $20-30.

As for Unity, I didn't get a PS4 until last November and it was one of the first games that I got because it was $10, and I enjoyed it. Whatever bugs existed seems to have been fixed. I'd say the only thing I'd knock it for the way the map looks like someone vomited a ton of side quests. I also think there's the occasional framerate issue that is caused by the sheer number of people that are on screen.

But I liked it, and when you compare it to BF/Rogue, it looks like a next gen game. Syndicate felt like a step back graphically for me, but both games are still impressive.

Still waiting for price to drop to around $30 for Syndicate on Steam. I'm hoping this gives me chills of how good it is like Black Flag did. AC4 was just something else!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"