Assassin's Creed Syndicate

Yeah, I'm only a quarter of the way through Syndicate, but I had to stop, just so I could go back and try to get all the trophies for Unity. I'm sure it's the better game with a better story and features, but it feels a little off from a typical AC game, so I'd rather jump into it completely later because I need to get used to the controls and play style.

It's also interesting to hear that Ubisoft will never do another Prince of Persia game because of some rights issue, so financially it makes more sense to use their own IP. So I kind of see this as their way of going back to that type of environment. It's very telling that it's being said that AC 2016 was cancelled, as opposed to being delayed or pushed back. It really sounds like they're trying to start over, and who knows, this might be the first game without any present day story driving it.

WHAT! Where did you hear that about PoP? I still wish for PoP 2008 to get a proper sequel even though it seems hopeless

WHAT! Where did you hear that about PoP? I still wish for PoP 2008 to get a proper sequel even though it seems hopeless
I don't know if I can post the video here since there's some foul language, but the Funhaus guys released a video on The Know where they analyze the rumor and the original 4Chan post, and apparently someone asked if it's related to PoP and the poster said the only reason AC exists is so that Ubisoft doesn't have to pay for the license to use PoP. Financially, it would cost them more to use that property.

Who knows, they may make a game eventually, but it's very telling that ACI released in 2007 and the last PoP game was in 2008, followed by 7 straight years of AC games.

Personally, I'm still waiting for news of a current-gen Splinter Cell game by Ubisoft.

I don't know if I can post the video here since there's some foul language, but the Funhaus guys released a video on The Know where they analyze the rumor and the original 4Chan post, and apparently someone asked if it's related to PoP and the poster said the only reason AC exists is so that Ubisoft doesn't have to pay for the license to use PoP. Financially, it would cost them more to use that property.

Who knows, they may make a game eventually, but it's very telling that ACI released in 2007 and the last PoP game was in 2008, followed by 7 straight years of AC games.

Personally, I'm still waiting for news of a current-gen Splinter Cell game by Ubisoft.
The last PoP game was in 2010 (not counting the 2013 mobile entry) but they talked about the possibility of making next gen one in 2013

Those Funhaus guys are awesome, met Adam Kovic at MCM last October, great guy.

I was just listening to the Funhaus guys break this down on The Know, and this is pretty much sounding like a reboot. It's supposed to before the first game and will predate the Assassins and Templars. So we may seem the formation of the groups there. Also, this gives them more flexibility in terms of historical accuracy.

I wonder if it deals less with Templars and more with humans living in slavery from the One's Who Came Before?

Huh? Don't they own the POP property?

Huh? Don't they own the POP property?
The IP is owned by Jordan Mechne, who created and worked on the original trilogy (beginning in 1989) before working on Sands of Time with Ubisoft. He was not involved in their sequels because he did not like the violent direction they went in. They still went on to make the games, but I imagine that he was paid for the rights to use that character since he owns the IP.

Games Radar put up this video that reveals that Ubisoft may have been hinting at this news since Black Flag. I didn't notice that the leaked screenshot of that unnanonced AC/PoP game was actually featured in one of the e-mails you find in Black Flag.

Here's a link to the video.

[YT]TDJEWPjkZ4I[/YT]

Yeah, it's from the same Abstergo e-mail chain that hinted Victorian era London.

Just finished the main story line last night. I still have some of the side quests to do, and the Queen Victoria quests.

I feel that this game was disappointing. My favorite AC game was AC2, with Brotherhood and Black Flag being 2nd and 3rd. AC1 is a close 4th. The other games have not been very good IMO, although I have not played AC Rogue.

There was some great stuff in here that never got explored story wise. It seems like people are split on AC as to the modern day story. To me the modern day stuff was important to connect everything that was going on. AC3 setup Juno as the threat, and I thought it did so masterfully. The problem is since then Juno has been an absent threat. They keep hinting at what she's going to do, and never revealed anything.

It seems that this game is a setup for events to happen in the film. I don't want to spoil the ending, but it's pretty clear to me what direction their going and there's a reference to Jeremy Iron's character in the film.

Ubisoft needs to stop pumping out these games, and remember what made the Ezio storyline so compelling. They gave us a character that we loved and cared about. Even Desmond, I really cared about his story line. There's been nothing in Unity or Syndicate that made me care about any of these characters. Jacob and Evie had potential, but I feel we are thrown in the middle of their story. We are told about their father, but we don't see anything to relate to.

One of the reasons we related to Ezio so well is we grew up with him. The game starts with him as a boy. We see the relationship of him and his mother and elusive father and protective older brother. We feel the pain when his father and brother are hanged by the Borgias. There is a natural connection. With Jacob and Evie we are simply told through exposition. Even with some of the internal conflicts between Jacob and Evie, there is not connection and it feels aloof.

Add to this that Starrik is a terrible villain. He's just a madman running around killing people. I was confused for a bit on if he was supposed to be a Sage or not. I kept trying to look at his eyes, which I never got a good shot of. There are two sages revealed here and one is in the WWI story line, the other I'll leave out so as not to spoil, but it was the one thing that I thought was the most interesting thing revealed. The only thing I'll say to people playing the game, is the 2nd sage is not revealed through the main story line. Do the side quests and collectibles.

I hope the Ubisoft will look back at what made the first games so great. It was a great story line, and some of the best twists in video game history. Hopefully they can get something more substantial. Seems like they forgot the whole subject 18 plotline and finding eve.

One of the reasons we related to Ezio so well is we grew up with him. The game starts with him as a boy. We see the relationship of him and his mother and elusive father and protective older brother. We feel the pain when his father and brother are hanged by the Borgias. There is a natural connection. With Jacob and Evie we are simply told through exposition. Even with some of the internal conflicts between Jacob and Evie, there is not connection and it feels aloof.
they stopped doing that bc of the bad reaction in ACIII and Id have to agree. We do not need to play these characters as babies. They need to jump into the story and get going with it. ACII was a good game but the worst part of it was the intro. That stuff is slow and IMO not all that fun to play. With III, it went on way too long. Ubisoft learned its lesson and with the assassins since, we start with them as adults and that is perfectly fine. Although Unity had a short bit to set up Arno and Elise' relationship as kids, luckily that didnt drag on for too long

I wonder, assuming that the rumors are not true and Ubisoft is planning on releasing a new AC game this year, if they are listening to the positive responses for Egypt and a trilogy and all that, and wondering if maybe they should go ahead and do that.

Sure, they might have the mentality of "we don't care, we're going to make money with this year's game anyway." But I really wonder how this might influence their plans for the future, assuming that the rumors are not true at all.

I'm honestly surprised. I know there's been a ton of rumors, but it seems every year there's rumors that Ubi will skip a year only for them to just keep going annually. But it's good, the series needs a break, especially if they're looking to do some more than standard reworking.

I'm very curious to see if the other parts of the rumors are true.

They also said Watch Dogs 2 is happening, but will most likely release by March 2017, instead of this year. But does this mean we will also see the next AC set in Egypt, with inspiration from The Witcher 3?

Not to mention, Ubisoft doesn't seem to have a big name game slated for the Fall. They've announced Ghost Recon: Wildlands and For Honor, but neither has a release date.

Watch Dogs 2 is expected to be released by March 2017, but that doesn't exclude a release this year, that just means that's the deadline for when one might.

I don't know about that Witcher 3 thing. That seems more like a fanboy dream than a reality. From what I can tell, Witcher isn't anything like AC. I don't think they're planning to reinvent the series into a full blown RPG.

My first thought of this news was wondering what Ubisoft's going to release later this year in AC's place.

Hope we at least get to see something about it at this years E3 though.

My first thought of this news was wondering what Ubisoft's going to release later this year in AC's place.

I expect something. The game is still a year away but that never stopped them from showing stuff off in the past that as a ways out.

Besides, what other games can we expect at E3? For Honor, Ghost Recon: Wildlands, Watch Dogs 2 reveal, South Park .... I think they would need another 4-5 games, and you know they most likely won't be revealing more new IPs, so AC should get a small feature at the very least.

I expect something. The game is still a year away but that never stopped them from showing stuff off in the past that as a ways out.

Besides, what other games can we expect at E3? For Honor, Ghost Recon: Wildlands, Watch Dogs 2 reveal, South Park .... I think they would need another 4-5 games, and you know they most likely won't be revealing more new IPs, so AC should get a small feature at the very least.

Definitely, there going to need some stuff to fill up 1 hour and 30 minutes, i'm hoping for some Watch Dogs 2 news, really enjoyed that game.

glad they're taking a break this year.

Definitely, there going to need some stuff to fill up 1 hour and 30 minutes, i'm hoping for some Watch Dogs 2 news, really enjoyed that game.
Watch Dogs will definitely be there, considering it supposed to be coming out at some point in the next 12 months. It very unlike Ubisoft for them to reveal a game months before it's release, but after Watch Dogs and the Division experienced long delays to the point where the hype died down greatly, I'm not surprised that they're waiting to reveal it. I think a lot of studios are learning from Bethesda and how they announced and released Fallout last year.

Watch Dogs 2

Watch Dogs will definitely be there, considering it supposed to be coming out at some point in the next 12 months. It very unlike Ubisoft for them to reveal a game months before it's release, but after Watch Dogs and the Division experienced long delays to the point where the hype died down greatly, I'm not surprised that they're waiting to reveal it. I think a lot of studios are learning from Bethesda and how they announced and released Fallout last year.

Dude i hate it when a studios reveal an awesome game at E3 but we have to wait years for it to release, infamously like Final Fantasy versus 13, announced the same year as Devil May Cry 4 and MGS4, yet more than 10 years later the damn game still aint out yet. :funny:

Watch Dogs 2

I'm hoping so too, with better driving controls preferably, that was my biggest gripe to an otherwise awesome new IP game.

Dude i hate it when a studios reveal an awesome game at E3 but we have to wait years for it to release, infamously like Final Fantasy versus 13, announced the same year as Devil May Cry 4 and MGS4, yet more than 10 years later the damn game still aint out yet. :funny:

I'm hoping so too, with better driving controls preferably, that was my biggest gripe to an otherwise awesome new IP game.

FF Versus 13 XV will come out............soon.........soon........

........maybe.......

.......perchance......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"