I'm glad someone uploaded these from the bluray. I've been rewatching all the other deleted scenes not found in the extended cut. I forgot how much of a role Norm plays in these that unfortunately got cut.

Truth is I really liked the Wakanda Forever trailer but the underwater scenes seemed pretty off to me. It was fairly obvious there was no depth. Reminded me a bit of the awkward Momoa cameo in BvS. I hope they look better in the actual film, but in any case I don't think Cameron will have much competition in that aspect. He was preparing it for many years in order to be able to perfect it. I haven't followed Panther 2 so I don't know if they used wires, fans and green screen, like in Aquaman, instead of actual water tanks like in Avatar, but it certainly doesn't look as impressive so far in that regard.

Truth is I really liked the Wakanda Forever trailer but the underwater scenes seemed pretty off to me. It was fairly obvious there was no depth. Reminded me a bit of the awkward Momoa cameo in BvS. I hope they look better in the actual film, but in any case I don't think Cameron will have much competition in that aspect. He was preparing it for many years in order to be able to perfect it. I haven't followed Panther 2 so I don't know if they used wires, fans and green screen, like in Aquaman, instead of actual water tanks like in Avatar, but it certainly doesn't look as impressive so far in that regard.
You can’t compete with Cameron when he’s had so much time perfecting all this and preparing. I imagine the Avatar stuff is going to look a lot better.

Truth is I really liked the Wakanda Forever trailer but the underwater scenes seemed pretty off to me. It was fairly obvious there was no depth. Reminded me a bit of the awkward Momoa cameo in BvS. I hope they look better in the actual film, but in any case I don't think Cameron will have much competition in that aspect...

I was under the impression that the brief scene in BvS was shot in a tank. So in that sense, it was "realistic." But the reason Momoa looked awkward was because he was struggling to appear as a “natural” water breather while holding his breath. Subsequently, this approach was abandoned for both Justice League and Aquaman — where “dry-for-wet” was used instead. I don’t know about Avatar. Seems like it may be a combination of the two.

Cameron has no reason to be worried. And I say that as someone very impressed by the Wakanda Forever trailer.

At the end of the day, all the hype for either movie belongs to Disney

lol I keep forgetting that!

I like to think Disney in the locker room with Black Panther and Avatar giving a pep talk that they’re counting on either one of them to win the year against their real enemy…

FakeGrippingErmine-max-1mb.gif

lol I keep forgetting that!

I like to think Disney in the locker room with Black Panther and Avatar giving a pep talk that they’re counting on either one of them to win the year against their real enemy…

FakeGrippingErmine-max-1mb.gif

Haha. Disney is Tywin Lannister. He didn’t care about the individual happiness of his children. Just as long as they served the greater good of the Lannister family name, anything more was gravy.

Having rewatched the first movie, as a fan of anything history, I noticed the call back to European colonization in that first film when humans invaded Pandora.

Is that like what Jackson did for the Prequels? I did enjoy the higher framerate but I know that choice wasn't popular :hehe:

Yeah I didn't mind it but I saw it done way better in Gemini Man, I can only imagine Cameron doing the same technique in a much better way.

Wonder if they have the trailer for Avatar 2 or BP2 for D23. Or both, Or Avatar 2 in front of BP2

They have 3 months to to fix the CGI.
We have no reason to think that they won’t.

The meme-worthy infamous bad cgi in the last few MCU entries is reason enough to think the opposite. The first Black Panther too. It will hopefully not be the case here, but they have lost the benefit of doubt for me.

By the way, it's not just the cgi. Something else seems really off in the Atlantis scenes. I can't quite place it. Something to do with depth, camera angles and lighting.

Why Shazam! 2's Director Isn't Worried About Avatar 2 Box Office Battle

"He should be very scared. This is the end of James Cameron. (laughs) No, I think it's actually good, because they're such different movies. I mean, look at the first 'Avatar.' There were other movies that came out at the same time and did really well ... especially at Christmas ... everybody knows that 'Avatar' is going to be, like, the biggest movie ever. I'm going to go see it. But yeah, there's room for 'Shazam!' too."

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"