That was a really dumb, tactless comment by Cameron.

When you binge TV at home, you can pause it or take a break whenever you want without missing anything.

IMHO there's nothing wrong with taking a bathroom break during a movie. If you got to go, go. But comparing it to watching TV at home is a dumb, silly comparison. It's invalid.
TV also doesn't require the viewer to put up with eye strain caused by the 3D and the darkened 3D glasses.

So Ariana for the song this time or someone else?

I'd be fine with him dropping the cheesy dated credits songs from his films.

Probably but I can see them getting someone like Adele or Sara Bareilles
Seeing as they went Leona and Celine last time, I can see Adele before Sara and I love me some Sara. I can't think of anyone else at the moment besides Ariana Grande, Sia, Jennifer Hudson, Tori Kelly, Kelly Clarkson, or Demi Lovato. They may throw curveball and go for like Sam Smith, Labrinth, or something.

I watch movies in IMAX 3D and 90% don’t need 3D. I‘d rather watch them without 3D, but it’s always included.
3D in Thor L&T was also unnecessary again…

Seeing as they went Leona and Celine last time, I can see Adele before Sara and I love me some Sara. I can't think of anyone else at the moment besides Ariana Grande, Sia, Jennifer Hudson, Tori Kelly, Kelly Clarkson, or Demi Lovato. They may throw curveball and go for like Sam Smith, Labrinth, or something.

Billie Ellish might be someone Cameron wants. Strike while the iron is hot for her (which will be for a long time at this point).

From my (granted, limited) experience, any 3D that wasn't for Avatar was an unnecessary one.

Billie Ellish might be someone Cameron wants. Strike while the iron is hot for her (which will be for a long time at this point).
Olivia Rodrigo if he wants a hotter iron. :o Billie deserves something after the COVID shenanigans with Bond.

From my (granted, limited) experience, any 3D that wasn't for Avatar was an unnecessary one.
Disappointingly I’ve found that to be the case too. It was used so well in Avatar but other creators didn’t use/develop it properly.

The best 3D movies I've seen that actually put the effort into making it are Avatar, Tron Legacy, Jackass 3D, Coraline, Gravity, and Gemini Man.

And with Gemini Man, it was also in that 60fps which blew my mind. Too bad the movie wasn't as good.

The last movie I saw that I remember being mostly impressed with the 3D was, believe it or not, Transformers 3. The movie isn't the greatest but Bay did actually put the work in with filming it in 3D and showed.

Lol I was exactly thinking about TF3. There was a scene in Chicago, where a TF was jumping over Shia LaBoef and I thought, that was amazing in 3D

I think the Oscar, Grammy and Golden Globe she won for "No Time to Die" made for a swell consolation prize. :o
giphy.gif

Disappointingly I’ve found that to be the case too. It was used so well in Avatar but other creators didn’t use/develop it properly.

I think its partly because the main benefit of 3D is creating depth, with the image reaching "into" the screen. That creates an improved sense of immersion, that you are looking through a window into another world. Its just. . . this is also very expensive and difficult to do, and needs to be baked into the filming process from the beginning. Whereas "popup", with images extending out from the screen, is cheap and easy and also a gimmick that doesn't add much.

I think its partly because the main benefit of 3D is creating depth, with the image reaching "into" the screen. That creates an improved sense of immersion, that you are looking through a window into another world. Its just. . . this is also very expensive and difficult to do, and needs to be baked into the filming process from the beginning. Whereas "popup", with images extending out from the screen, is cheap and easy and also a gimmick that doesn't add much.
Yeah, the depth aspect is the part that adds value. I don’t need the things jumping out at me part. Guess most filmmakers can’t be bothered with the extra work and budget use, but at least for films that create big worlds it would be worth them looking into it properly. In any case very much looking forward to seeing it again in this film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"