wow… James Cameron talks like an real *******

Idk what weird Terminator-Kids Cameron procreated, but my kids have to go to the restrooms during a 90min movie at least once… we always miss 5-10min of the movie

You guys have no idea how nice intermissions are. I love the intermissions when I go to opera broadcasts. Even though my local place got rid of the free drink refills, it is nice to just refill a smaller drink that doesn't have to last the whole thing, while taking a bathroom break.

I grew up in the 90s watching Bollywood movies that were over 3 hours long and would regularly have intermission for 10 minutes. The theaters were smaller mom and pop shops and not the big chain ones so maybe that’s why they could do intermission breaks.

I would love them as then you never miss anything and can eat and drink freely. Also a good time to chat with whoever you’re with about what you’ve seen so far.

The only times I had left the theatre for the bathroom was during Joker and Jurassic World Dominion.

Should be easy as long as I don’t drink too much water.

Sporting events have intermissions, so why can't movies have them too?
This is a good point as you can imagine at a sports stadium with tens of thousands of people how many people manage to get food, drink, go to the toilet and get back to their seat within a 15 minute break. It’s a lot easier in a cinema with maybe 300 people.

Never have I left a theater to use the restroom. But jokes are fun. :p
I’ve never left either but even the slightest urge to go distracts from the film and even reducing enjoyment by 5% is unnecessary and a shame when it’s something you’ve been excited for for 3 years or so. I have cut back on drinks and that’s kind of a shame as it feels like part of the experience of going to the cinema.

The trick is to go during the trailers. Then even if you have a drink during the movie you should still be good for the duration. Aaaaaaanywhooo...

wow… James Cameron talks like an real *******

I love Cameron's films but I'm not a fan of him as a person. At least he's less of an a-hole now than he used to be with his dictatorship on his film sets and just his overall arrogance.

Alexa, play "Humble" by Kendrick Lamar. :o

I like Cameron as a person as well...

marvel-humble.gif

"You can get up and go pee during my movie" is a very unique stance. Can't say I've ever heard that one before.

Eh, three hours doesn't feel like a big deal if it's true. It's just about 15 minutes longer than the first Avatar (and the extended cut of that movie was almost three hours). If the rumours about a three and a half hour runtime had been confirmed it certainly would have been more eyebrow-raising worthy.

That was a really dumb, tactless comment by Cameron.

When you binge TV at home, you can pause it or take a break whenever you want without missing anything.

IMHO there's nothing wrong with taking a bathroom break during a movie. If you got to go, go. But comparing it to watching TV at home is a dumb, silly comparison. It's invalid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"