Avengers 1-4 vs The Dark Knight Trilogy

This is still going on after four months?

joker was written well and so were the movies overall. I don’t get why biased comments needs to be thrown just for the sake of Brand Favoritism.

Last edited:
I don't think I remember that. Even that I'm not sure I agree with.

1. It doesn't only have the effect of sanity. It's said he's in agonizing pain. I may think it's forced and could've been done better, but I also place that under aspects of the genre. This is the same series of movies that had the microwave emitter. I also don't think the burns was the only sanity effecting thing for him.

2. I don't necessarily agree with the idea that the cops would being paying enough attention to the buses to see that, in that way.

3. The movie develops that Joker is using corrupt cops, and I think the movie never says the cops went looking for explosives, I think it just shows Gordon giving the order to evacuate the hospitals.

I'm not sure if that's what I meant when I said that he doesn't care, more that he's not counting on 1 thing to always go right and nothing else to make his plan work. The people didn't blow eachother up, so even though he may have thought they would, he goes to the next way of doing it, in doing it himself. I think in a similar, but not exact way, with the phone call. He may have planned to get a phone call for the situation himself, but when that didn't happen, he did something else to get the phone call by taunting the cop into a fight, so he could hold him hostage and get the phone call. Is it suspect? Or is that how the Joker acts? The Joker says he's a dog chasing cars, he just does things. I think that's not a poor estimate of the character. Yes, he relies on plot armor as a character. I think I've come to see the Joker as someone who does ridiculously things that get himself hurt or could get him killed. In reality he may not survive, but this movie isn't reality. I see it as a heightened world. Realistically, would Batman be able to do what he does, like that?

Yeah, I said later on that it's no longer the case since I heard all such arguments for Snyder's movies, who are all far worse than this.

1. The pain from such severe trauma would be completely debilitating though so the only way to deal with that is to have the person constantly sedated for a long while. I'm also not judging the whole trilogy here since Batman Begins did significantly better in the tone department in my view, as that did not go as far towards gritty realism as TDK does.

2. I can't see why the police wouldn't pay attention to the surroundings when they will be extremely aware of that very dangerous criminals might be trying to get away. If police were that incompetent no one would be caught in real life.

3. Corrupt cops is one good example of how deep the Joker's plans go, since getting that takes a lot of detailed plans and time. I would find it extremely odd if they just abandoned all hospitals and didn't even bother to search for the explosives. They would want to save the buildings, not have to panic store thousands of patients for a long time, stop the terrorist attack that would cause panic, etc.

That's called having backup plans, which is even more detailed than just having one plan, so I'd say that supports my stance. Yes, it's very suspect that he could rile up that cop since he should never have been locked in there alone with a highly dangerous and unrestrained prisoner. The Joker should be chained to the table and if someone is in there with him (wouldn't be just to guard him but to interrogate him) it wouldn't be hard for someone else to open the door from the outside just for the reason that cops don't want their job to be unnecessarily dangerous. It's dangerous enough as it is. I don't mind that the Joker is lucky now and then, or that recklessness can work for him because it certainly does sometimes. The issue is that they've had him make plans that rely on things being highly unusual or that the opposition is completely incompetent. That's what makes it feel like plot armor instead of a character actually written to be intelligent, which is what he should be.

The movie foundation shows that Joker has

- money

- manipulated people

- henchman

- help from the mob

- backup plans (Granades, phone and in case he would have died the Harvey thing)

I don't see his problem with any of his plan to be honest, we know that Joker was able to put cards to the judge by having people as his payroll and could plant explosives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"