The Avengers Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation - Part 67

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah kinda, but I mean, I feel like they really destroyed Loki's character. He was humilated multiple times in the movie.

Nah, that is a huge exaggeration. The character wasn't destroyed at all.

Loki had his confrontation with every Avenger, he got away multiple times with several members. It's only logical that at the end he is "defeated".

Loki had his confrontation with every Avenger, he got away multiple times with several members. It's only logical that at the end he is "defeated".

tumblr_m2eci17qqg1r5ln61.gif

I think he's saying Loki could've atleast put up more of a fight.

Well, I'm at the theater for my 2nd round (this time in 2D) majority of audience seems to be more around my age (college age), few smaller children but no toddlers so far *keeping my fingers crossed* it's definitely packed though

Yeah, I don't get the 'Loki was humiliated/destroyed as a character' viewpoint. Hulk beat his ass and he was taken down a peg, but generally that's what happens to the villain and in Loki's case he was too full of himself that he had to come crashing down at some point. It hardly ruins his character.

Yeah, I don't get the 'Loki was humiliated/destroyed as a character' viewpoint. Hulk beat his ass and he was taken down a peg, but generally that's what happens to the villain and in Loki's case he was too full of himself that he had to come crashing down at some point. It hardly ruins his character.

Hulk also attacked him mid sentence and Loki was without his weapon, so I found it totally plausible.

I noticed that Loki was wearing a cover over his mouth when Thor was taking him back to Asgard, but I didn't notice if his arms or legs were shackled or anything.

Seems strange that Thor would feel the need to keep Loki's mouth shut, but not put his arms or legs in chains...or did I miss something?

His hands were shackled as I recall.

I noticed that Loki was wearing a cover over his mouth when Thor was taking him back to Asgard, but I didn't notice if his arms or legs were shackled or anything.

Seems strange that Thor would feel the need to keep Loki's mouth shut, but not put his arms or legs in chains...or did I miss something?

Loki had his hands tied with a weird pair of handcuff (maybe Asgardian or Starkian) and his mouth shut, wich I wind pretty funny after what happened to him with Hulk :woot:

His hands were shackled as I recall.

I really don't remember, but I'm sure his mouth was covered because Thor didn't wanna hear any of his trash talking.

I think he's saying Loki could've atleast put up more of a fight.

This. Maybe not humiliated. But it seems like everything menacing he did kind of just got put back, he lost to iron man twice. The Hulk part was great. However, not really necessary. And the arrow thing, I mean I think it would have been better if he like threw it away before it blew up. Humiliated is the wrong word, its more of, things happened that kind of pulled away from his menacing nature and led it more towards comedic.

This. Maybe not humiliated. But it seems like everything menacing he did kind of just got put back, he lost to iron man twice. The Hulk part was great. However, not really necessary. And the arrow thing, I mean I think it would have been better if he like threw it away before it blew up. Humiliated is the wrong word, its more of, things happened that kind of pulled away from his menacing nature and led it more towards comedic.

Against Iron Man twice? when? I just remember IM shooting him after he dressed in mark 7

I wasn't talking about the Hulk part. That part was totally justified, coulda done without it, but it was still justified. I just felt like everytime he did something menacing, it was thrown away by something funny, Loki's disgusting rant into Black Widow, only leading him to look like a fool, Loki..getting out smarted by black widow...ehh....getting beat by Ironman on the tower, knocked away easily, Him catching hawkeye's arrow was badass, it was intimidating, but then it blows up in his face, knocking him off, creating laughter from the audience. I feel like he was at the mercy of the need for laughter, and a little to much so, thus taking away the quality of his villian.

That is the best way I can put it.

Against Iron Man twice? when? I just remember IM shooting him after he dressed in mark 7

*by ironman, idk why I said twice. The whole, him surrendering to Ironman thing at the beginning was just part of his plan

But even so

The deal with Loki, that's my only beef with the movie. And its very mild, because the movie is about the origin of the avengers, not Avengers vs villian, but still, I woulda liked them to not lessen Loki's menace as a villian, just for kicks,

still though, I give the movie a 9.8/10. My favorite movie. Never seen a flawless movie.

I would like to point out Avengers has taken over the top spot for me, after Jurassic park held it for 12 years :)

I really don't remember, but I'm sure his mouth was covered because Thor didn't wanna hear any of his trash talking.

Yep. He has special looking restraints on his hands.

Yep. He has special looking restraints on his hands.

But they both used their hands to turn the cube to get back to asgard though?

PS

I LOVE the asgardian durability in the MCU. Bullets bouncing off Loki. Being really winded after being wipped around by Hulk. Winded. Thats it.

And in about a total of 4 and a half hours of film time in the MCU by Thor, we have YET to see him express any real signs of pain. The MCU really is making Thor look invincible.

I wasn't talking about the Hulk part. That part was totally justified, coulda done without it, but it was still justified. I just felt like everytime he did something menacing, it was thrown away by something funny, Loki's disgusting rant into Black Widow, only leading him to look like a fool, Loki..getting out smarted by black widow...ehh....getting beat by Ironman on the tower, knocked away easily, Him catching hawkeye's arrow was badass, it was intimidating, but then it blows up in his face, knocking him off, creating laughter from the audience. I feel like he was at the mercy of the need for laughter, and a little to much so, thus taking away the quality of his villian.

That is the best way I can put it.

I don't see how Widow sussing out who he was after as making him look like a fool. I mean is he never allowed to be outsmarted? That just seems like something really minor to nitpick. I don't know, a lot of what you say reads like they should never get the upper hand.

Also, Loki still took the beating he got and walked away (well not from the Hulk though). He dominated for most of the movie and still put up a fight when the Avengers united against him. I've got no problem with the arrow exploding and sending him flying. In that brief moment between catching it and it exploding I was worried that Hawkeye might be portrayed as being useless against him.

I don't see how Widow sussing out who he was after as making him look like a fool. I mean is he never allowed to be outsmarted? That just seems like something really minor to nitpick. I don't know, a lot of what you say read like they should never get the upper hand.

Also, Loki still took the beating he got and walked away (well not from the Hulk though). He dominated for most of the movie and still put up a fight when the Avengers united against him. I've got no problem with the arrow exploding and sending him flying. In that brief moment between catching it and it exploding I was worried that Hawkeye might be portrayed as being useless against him.

Sure he is. But by the black widow, a mortal? Loki is the god of deception and mischief. He shouldn't be getting outsmarted by her. And sure it was, he ripped into her, fell for her act, and then saying "you are here for hulk, thanks for cooperating", the look on his face after that "wh'whaat"

Idk. and when did he get a chance to fight all the avengers united?

and so what if hawkeye is useless against Loki. Do they all have to be able to beat him? No, they are team, they have different rolls.

But they both used their hands to turn the cube to get back to asgard though?

PS

I LOVE the asgardian durability in the MCU. Bullets bouncing off Loki. Being really winded after being wipped around by Hulk. Winded. Thats it.

And in about a total of 4 and a half hours of film time in the MCU by Thor, we have YET to see him express any real signs of pain. The MCU really is making Thor look invincible.

Some say Thor was "hurt" after he was stabbed by Loki, but evidently it didn't hurt him enough to stop him from kicking Loki's ass. :woot:

So here it is...

Defending the scene where Loki gets beaten up by the Hulk: http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=23161101&postcount=763

Nah, it doesn't need to be defended, it was a justified scene, I just went there. Why are you putting words in my mouth? I never said Hulk beating him up humiliated and ruined the character. I said events throughout the movie, such as the explosion, and getting out witted by Widow, and easily knocked aside by ironman humiliated his character, and that he may have been at the mercy slightly for the need for laughter. I then said humiliated was the wrong word

I NEVER said the hulk scene ruined his character.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"