The Avengers Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation - Part 67

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it confirmed Whedon is returning to direct Avengers 2?IF so then is there also news when to expect the sequel?

Exactly, it may have hurt like, getting a shot, or cutting yourself, but he never has shown any signs of being in real pain, where he was "defeated" or needed aid, or a plot device to regain composure.

He was in SOME pain.
When he lands in that scene to join Cap, Hawkeye and Widow (in Big Thor's Avy) he stumbles a bit and uses the car after lands to not completely lose his balance (favoring the stabbed side of his body)

Is it confirmed Whedon is returning to direct Avengers 2?IF so then is there also news when to expect the sequel?
An interview he gave to Collider.com made him sound somewhat non-committal but in another interview (I can recall who with) I thought Fiege said that he did. I guess we'll have to wait and see if he does return.

I'm very hip, I knew he was kidding I just didn't know why he was saying "Loki" instead of Thor.

I don't know why. But that made me laugh for a good 3 minutes out load haha.

Eh that kind of stuff happens to him in the comics all the time,I see no big deal nor effecting him as a villain when he was overall still a threat!!

Very true.

I don't know why. But that made me laugh for a good 3 minutes out load haha.

I laughed after I typed it, I was gonna delete it but I was like "nah, someone is gonna get a kick out of this". :funny:

He was in SOME pain.
When he lands in that scene to join Cap, Hawkeye and Widow (in Big Thor's Avy) he stumbles a bit and uses the car after lands to not completely lose his balance (favoring the stabbed side of his body)

I thought that was just due to his body over coming the g forces of stopping so abruptly. We all know the law of inertia. "a body in motion will remain in motion until acted upon by an outside force". I thought the stumbling was just him landing quickly, and over coming the G Forces of landing after a high speed drop. I mean he got stabbed, then was able to just brawl with Loki. But he starts to feel the pain after they fight? I got that stumble more as a trying to simply not fall from landing so quickly.

I laughed after I typed it, I was gonna delete it but I was like "nah, someone is gonna get a kick out of this". :funny:

hah I think its just because I imagined an actual verbal conversation like that taking place. "I don't know how hip you are, but he said J/K which means just kidding" "I am very hip" "oh..." awkward lmao :D

I thought that was just due to his body over coming the g forces of stopping so abruptly. We all know the law of inertia. "a body in motion will remain in motion until acted upon by an outside force". I thought the stumbling was just him landing quickly, and over coming the G Forces of landing after a high speed drop. I mean he got stabbed, then was able to just brawl with Loki. But he starts to feel the pain after they fight? I got that stumble more as a trying to simply not fall from landing so quickly.

I saw it as a bit of both really, but that was still cup cake compared to what happened to everyone else.

I get what your saying but what about all the other times he's landed expertly?
As for feelin the pain after the brawl, sure.
Happens to me whenever I'm either working out or other strenuous activities I've been involved in. Adrenalin and anger numbs you until you're a bit more relaxed.

I saw it as a bit of both really, but that was still cup cake compared to what happened to everyone else.

true. Thor seemed like the least diminished (and rightfully so) but you saw what I was talking about.

hah I think its just because I imagined an actual verbal conversation like that taking place. "I don't know how hip you are, but he said J/K which means just kidding" "I am very hip" "oh..." awkward lmao :D

Very akward, it reminds me of something "Hank Hill" would say.

true. Thor seemed like the least diminished (and rightfully so) but you saw what I was talking about.

Yep, I was like "why is he doing that" then I remember Loki stabbing him a few minutes earlier.

It's been fairly non-committal, but from what I've seen Feige at least is keen to give Whedon the option. So it looks like Whedon may just be weighing his options and seeing where to go from here and Feige is leaving it open for him to do so. Avengers 2 is probably going to come after IM3, Cap 2 and Thor 2. Maybe not all three, but there's time for Whedon and Feige to relax in that regard then see what they want to do.

Very akward, it reminds me of something "Hank Hill" would say.

I huff Propane. :oldrazz:

But they both used their hands to turn the cube to get back to asgard though?

PS

I LOVE the asgardian durability in the MCU. Bullets bouncing off Loki. Being really winded after being wipped around by Hulk. Winded. Thats it.

And in about a total of 4 and a half hours of film time in the MCU by Thor, we have YET to see him express any real signs of pain. The MCU really is making Thor look invincible.

Yeah. Even with Iron Man's armor boosted up 400 % in his fight with Thor, it seemed to me like Thor was still regarding Iron Man as more of an annoyance than any kind of real threat...

Yeah. Even with Iron Man's armor boosted up 400 % in his fight with Thor, it seemed to me like Thor was still regarding Iron Man as more of an annoyance than any kind of real threat...

Yeah Thor was hitting him pretty hard but it was more "leave me alone" than "I hate you" until the end of the fight that is.

It was also worth noting that Thor's skin was more durable than Iron Man's armor which shrugs off heavy artillery and tank shells btw,

Last edited:
Yeah Thor was hitting him pretty hard but it was more of "leave me alone" than "I hate you" until the end of the fight that is.

It was also worth noting that Thor's skin was more durable than Iron Man's armor which shrugs off heavy artillery and tank shells btw,
Yeah. And man, that scene with Thor calling down the lightning and zapping the Chitauri soldiers was straight out of the freaking comics. Loved it.! :thor:

Yeah. And man, that scene with Thor calling down the lightning and zapping the Chitauri soldiers was straight out of the freaking comics. Loved it.! :thor:

Hell yeah :wow:

That blast defeated TWO leviathans at once and I hope he continues to pull of huge lightning attacks in THOR II & III.

Hell yeah :wow:

That blast defeated TWO leviathans at once and I hope he continues to pull of huge lightning attacks in THOR II & III.

I think i'm more stoked for Thor 2 than any other of the hero's upcoming sequels. I mean; Surtur, Ulik, Enchantress/ Executioner, Absorbing Man....the possibilities are endless!

I think i'm more stoked for Thor 2 than any other of the hero's upcoming sequels. I mean; Surtur, Ulik, Enchantress/ Executioner, Absorbing Man....the possibilities are endless!

I might sound crazy for this, but I'm more stocked for THOR II than I was for The Avengers. :wow:

....woah

When is Thor II coming out?Next summer with Iron Man 3 or in two years with Cap 2??

Isn't Thor 2 coming out in the fall of 2013?

It's coming out in November 2013 right now, but hopefully it get pushed back up to it's former July release date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"