The Avengers Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
thread manager show your face!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

awe yeah

That tracking shot sounds amazing. And I cant believe people have seen hulk vs thor on the big screen! The wait is killing me. :p

I keep trying to pick a moment to look forward to the most.

But they're all too awesome.

Avengers is awesome!!

Every character gets a fair crack which is very impressive in an ensemble film. No weak links in sight. Cap was much better. I thought he might struggle when it came to being the leader and giving out orders but he was great. His action was better also. Stark was back to his IM1 form. He had all the best lines..hilarious but heroic as well. Hulk was a million times better than previous versions & this is definitely the definitive Banner for me. Ruffalo is perfect.

Anyone worrying about Thor’s power levels can stop lol. He & Hulk were the big guns here. Hemsworth continuing his solid performance from his solo film. Renner was badass as Hawkeye, love the way his quiver works. ScarJo again was a million times better than the half zombie IM2 version. She is an important character in this and contributes a lot. Whedon shows his strength at handling female roles. SLJ as Fury is as great as expected & there are important contributions from Coulson & Hill. Also Hiddleston steps up the intensity and mischief in this. Master of manipulation.

Whedon really is the guy for this. Some really inventive interactions between the characters, both in dialogue and collaborative action scenes. The clips & trailers that have come out really don’t do justice to the film. It is amazing to watch a comic book come to life. Make sure you watch on the biggest screen with the best sound you can find.

9/10 to the general audience
10/10 to fans!!

I haven't actually. If I do, I'll probably wait a bit, once the fan goggles have worn off, so I can be properly objective. In short, I loved it, but yeah, I'll probably write a review.

Would it be cheeky to write one for my blog and just post the link? ;P

Is it just me or is anyone tired seeing - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 66 in the title?

I'm tired of seeing news and speculation in the title considering like 2/3 of the Hype have already seen the ****ing thing. All we're speculating now is how much cheddar it's bringing in.

surly we'd be tired of 27A and looking forward to part 69 dudes.

I'm tired of seeing news and speculation in the title considering like 2/3 of the Hype have already seen the ****ing thing. All we're speculating now is how much cheddar it's bringing in.

well the news is now "i've seen it" and the speculation is none existent.

Can it not be changed to something a tad simpler?

the avengers thread of anticipation but for those who've already seen it, and not much news but perhaps interviews and reviews part 27A part 69.

The Avengers: [blackout]"Performance Issues"[/blackout] Edition

since it'll become the box office tracking tread eventual i hope it doesn't have those spoilers.

This reminds me of the buzz pre X2. positive.

Avengers is awesome!!

Every character gets a fair crack which is very impressive in an ensemble film. No weak links in sight. Cap was much better. I thought he might struggle when it came to being the leader and giving out orders but he was great. His action was better also. Stark was back to his IM1 form. He had all the best lines..hilarious but heroic as well. Hulk was a million times better than previous versions & this is definitely the definitive Banner for me. Ruffalo is perfect.

Anyone worrying about Thor’s power levels can stop lol. He & Hulk were the big guns here. Hemsworth continuing his solid performance from his solo film. Renner was badass as Hawkeye, love the way his quiver works. ScarJo again was a million times better than the half zombie IM2 version. She is an important character in this and contributes a lot. Whedon shows his strength at handling female roles. SLJ as Fury is as great as expected & there are important contributions from Coulson & Hill. Also Hiddleston steps up the intensity and mischief in this. Master of manipulation.

Whedon really is the guy for this. Some really inventive interactions between the characters, both in dialogue and collaborative action scenes. The clips & trailers that have come out really don’t do justice to the film. It is amazing to watch a comic book come to life. Make sure you watch on the biggest screen with the best sound you can find.

9/10 to the general audience
10/10 to fans!!
Glad you enjoyed it so much Iceman. :up:

Sorry, I said yesterday that after seeing it midnight I was going to give my spoiler free review but I had some troubles, you see, my town is really dangerous, I almost got kidnapped on my way home but that's another story.

The movie itself is THE BEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE EVER (yea, above TDK) and I really doubt something this year will top this.
Everyone, I mean EVERYONE has their time to shine. Great performances from everyone (hats off to Tom Hiddleston and Ruffalo).
Anyone that had doubts about cinematography can relax because it is great. Great tracking shots, great lighting etc. I was afraid because I got 3D tickets and usually 3D is really dark but rest asured that you wont miss a thing due to the 3D.
The 3D itself is not bad, not great but I'll recommend you to watch it 2D.

Now I'll talk about some details that we discussed along the way from each character. I'll put it in spoiler not because it reveals the story itself but some details some people may want to see it for themselves

Captain America [BLACKOUT] We had complete threads discussing his helmet and body. I was against this new suit and helmet but it looks awesome, don't worry, the helmet never looks as bad as we make it to be.[/BLACKOUT]

Thor [BLACKOUT]Thor is a powerhouse, no doubt. He flies more than he does in his movie, he usses his super strenght and lightning powers and he doesn't uses his helmet :csad: [/BLACKOUT]

Hawkeye [BLACKOUT]Never uses his glasses[/BLACKOUT]

Black Widow [BLACKOUT]I never saw the Widow's bite (I think thats the name of the things in her arms) and both she and Clint prove themselves as Avengers[/BLACKOUT]

Iron Man No details about him

Nick Fury [BLACKOUT]Goes on badass mode[/BLACKOUT]

aaand The Hulk [BLACKOUT] He is the strongest there is. He Does a lot of memorable things in the movie. His transformations scenes are waay too different from each other and great in their own way, specially the second one. He is the best Hulk we've seen on film period. Ruffalo's Banner is alot like Bixby's wich is great.[/BLACKOUT]

IF ANYONE FROM MARVEL STUDIOS IS READING THIS, PLEASE MAKE A NEW HULK MOVIE WITH RUFFALO!

I give it a 10 out of 10!

Black Widow [BLACKOUT]I never saw the Widow's bite (I think thats the name of the things in her arms)[/BLACKOUT]

She uses the widow stings when she's grappling with some of the aliens in the street battle scene. It's very subtle but whenever she's going for their necks and you see sparks fly, that's her stingers in action.

She uses the widow stings when she's grappling with some of the aliens in the street battle scene. It's very subtle but whenever she's going for their necks and you see sparks fly, that's her stingers in action.

Thanks, Ill watch it again today :woot:

Sorry, I said yesterday that after seeing it midnight I was going to give my spoiler free review but I had some troubles, you see, my town is really dangerous, I almost got kidnapped on my way home but that's another story.
Damn! :csad:

Congrats on getting home! :woot:

Captain America [BLACKOUT] We had complete threads discussing his helmet and body. I was against this new suit and helmet but it looks awesome, don't worry, the helmet never looks as bad as we make it to be.[/BLACKOUT]
[BLACKOUT]Yeah, looked fine and I was a bit worried about it.[/BLACKOUT]

aaand The Hulk [BLACKOUT] He is the strongest there is. He Does a lot of memorable things in the movie. His transformations scenes are waay too different from each other and great in their own way, specially the second one. He is the best Hulk we've seen on film period. Ruffalo's Banner is alot like Bixby's wich is great.[/BLACKOUT]
[BLACKOUT]2nd transformation (and what he says leading into it) was one of my favourite parts of the film. [/BLACKOUT]
IF ANYONE FROM MARVEL STUDIOS IS READING THIS, PLEASE MAKE A NEW HULK MOVIE WITH RUFFALO!

I give it a 10 out of 10!
This Hulk is up there (at least) with Batman & Spider-man as my favourite individual film superheroes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"