The Avengers Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation - - - Part 69

Joss did talk about that Loki scene in the commentary when Bruce said you can smell crazy on Loki. I think he said it was definitely a budget issue why it was cut.

I'm glad they cut that out. Don't want Hulk sniffing **** out like some dog. I also think Loki needs to slow down on the duplication trick... It's getting old, and he needs more magical abilities.

I totally get what you mean but, as Loki pointed out, Thor's still falling for it.

When I originally saw it, one of my friends said he thought that during their fight on Stark Tower Loki would use the trick again and Thor would strike behind him or something to hit the real one, showing that he has finally stopped falling for it. That would've been pretty cool.

Here it is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rizElQfDOpU&feature=plcp

as well as the Hulk/Loki one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKu9ilTbNUw&feature=plcp

Those are damn cool.

Joss did talk about that Loki scene in the commentary when Bruce said you can smell crazy on Loki. I think he said it was definitely a budget issue why it was cut.

I'd guess they trimmed the Cap fight for the same reason. They spent money wisely from what I've seen but they had to keep it under control I would guess.

I thought the Hulk one was funny how he comes back at the end to bash Loki a bit more after he's already been pummelled into the ground. :woot:

heh Reminds me after my daughter was born 19 years ago, a few friends would call ME RoboPOP. lol
LOL .... my friends and I have a ton of them that we use.

uaGdt.jpg

I'm glad they cut that out. Don't want Hulk sniffing **** out like some dog. I also think Loki needs to slow down on the duplication trick... It's getting old, and he needs more magical abilities.
Duplicating and projecting a singular illusion of himself are one in the same to me since they are part of his Master of Illusion and Trickery bit. He had already sort of used it to trick Thor into attacking him and then getting locked into the Hulk Cage so using it again would have been repetitive.

Well I liked that idea of Hulk sniffing him out. I noticed they did make Hulk more ape-like in some of his actions so why not do something like that?

Some of the content on youtube labled Second screen was on the bonus disc from target.

I didn't really like how Thor was fighting in that CG fight, he just stood there throwing Mjolnir, missing, and blindly swinging.

I prefer what we got in the final version of the movie, the fighting was much more fast paced.

Duplicating and projecting a singular illusion of himself are one in the same to me since they are part of his Master of Illusion and Trickery bit. He had already sort of used it to trick Thor into attacking him and then getting locked into the Hulk Cage so using it again would have been repetitive.

Don't forget about him using it in Germany and in Thor when they fought on the Bifrost... Also the Jotunheim battle.

After watching the movie over and over again, anyone besides me think that Fury may have had other people in mind for the AI besides the main six? People SHIELD may have also been checking up on.

Last edited:
After watching the movie over and over again, anyone besides me think that Fury may have had other people in mind for the AI besides the main six? People SHIELD may have also been checking up on.
Always kind of thought they were. They wouldn't be doing their jobs if they weren't. Fury's line of the world filling up with more dangerous and powerful entities suggests they are tracking quite a few people, both good and bad.

I wish I could see the Second screen stuff, Bet there's info on that.
I'm sure there's more to the list since Fury DOES say "The world's filling up with people we can't control" :woot:

idk, I liked the Loki scene, but there is something about that scene that makes me cringe, I know it was for plot. But the thought of Loki losing to Hulk, is just, wrong, to me I feel like Loki has more advantages against Hulk than Thor does. But I guess the comics are THAT different from the movie.

Though with that being said ^ (Loki literally being the worst character Hulk can fight in the comics) makes me kinda cringe watching Hulk whip around Loki, because now that the movie has been out, I can come to terms, and say I think that shouldn't of happened. The only reason I am okay with it was because he was caught off guard.

It was more or less kind of a lampshade hanging of villains that are that powerful. He's been gloating and talking **** all movie, and Hulk is just like, "shut the **** up." That was a very comic book-ish scene.

I know, it was a funny scene, a comic book scene. But, I mean, I guess I am the only one who thinks this, of course we all knew Loki from the comics before, and at the time, Hulk is a character who I thought, with everything into consideration, should never be able to defeat Loki, if Loki doesn't want to be defeated.

Just cause of that, it makes me cringe watching that scene. It was funny, but I really didn't like it.

It's just me

I know, it was a funny scene, a comic book scene. But, I mean, I guess I am the only one who thinks this, of course we all knew Loki from the comics before, and at the time, Hulk is a character who I thought, with everything into consideration, should never be able to defeat Loki, if Loki doesn't want to be defeated.

Just cause of that, it makes me cringe watching that scene. It was funny, but I really didn't like it.

It's just me

Truth be told, I think it was more of Loki's arrogance that defeated him in that scene. I mean Loki wasn't even really prepared to face the Hulk in combat, he just stood up and started verbally bashing the Hulk without thinking about defending himself so while he was gloating as usual, the Hulk took advantage of that.

nah im with u. it also made it seem like loki wasn't as big of a threat

Well, everybody got their own little piece of Loki in this flick. That's how I see it.

Perhaps the next time we see Loki, he'll be more calm and coherent and he'll be able to fully utilise his powers. Hopefully.

in thor 2 yeah, but idk what his role will be. and he is obviously done with avengers movies

Man; why is it that the concept Art looks so much better than what we got in the final product? Isn't it normally supposed to be the other way around? In particular, why didn't Thor get to do any of these things in the way it was shown in the concept art for the actual film?

tumblrmbac4pz05e1qmsoak.jpg

Wow, great concept art. Thanks for sharing. Would have been cool too see in the final movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"