The Avengers Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation - - - Part 69

And considering that fury's plan worked and was the right way to go, what she said didnt even make any sense. She acted like they lost. Im glad they cut that out. It didnt fit, unless the ending was
drastically different.
The ending is drastically different. She basically says "despite all that, he made the right calls, you made the wrong ones" to the council (summing up)

I don't like the framing device though, and I'm glad it was cut

Looks like the released clip from yahoo is just a bit shorter/just a tease of the full length scene that will be on the Blu-Ray *cough* yeah...Anywho... I completely understand why the Alternate Opening (and the ending as well) was cut. I will say, though, there are some shots from the Alternate Opening that I wish they could've found a way to integrate somewhere into the final battle...[BLACKOUT]such as a low camera shot looking up at Thor standing with Mjolnir in focus dripping (Chitauri?) blood, a different shot of IM's faceplate skidding across the ground that I think I like a touch more than the one that ended up in the final film.[/BLACKOUT]

Yeah, the scene with Mjolnir explains the actual credits better since Mjolnir in the end credits has blood and then I was confused about how that got there...like whether it was metaphorical or just because it looked cool or...

Is there a way to insert any of these deleted scenes into the actual film on the DVD or Blu-Ray, that we know of? I know Whedon said a while ago there would be no directors cut but some of these scenes look great.

Is there a way to insert any of these deleted scenes into the actual film on the DVD or Blu-Ray, that we know of? I know Whedon said a while ago there would be no directors cut but some of these scenes look great.

A kindly internet fellow might put one together and upload it.

Yeah, that show looks awesome. I'm hoping they can get SLJ and Cobie Smoulders for that and it is SUCH a shame there is no more Coulson. He would have made a great main character for this show.

I forsee a few Coulson flashback episodes...

heh Yeah I'm glad this show's being made. MAYBE they can clear the way for some details in the Movies and get along with action. :D

There will definitely be fanedits and fanedited extended editions of this movie, if you know where to look.

some blu-rays and dvds have that function available on the main menu.

The way Hawkeye said "You and I remember Budapest differently" to Black Widow - he reminded me of Captain Mal.

the deleted scenes/gag reel are worth the money on their own :D the extended fight scene with hawkeye and widow was awesome

It would be nice if Marvel/Disney offered the ability to add deleted scenes of choice to the cut on the bluray. That would be a nice feature to have along with all the other ones it already will have.

Man I wanna turn back time and be at the special pre-opening screening I went to. Just to have that feeling of it being fresh and all the anticipation.

Man I wanna turn back time and be at the special pre-opening screening I went to. Just to have that feeling of it being fresh and all the anticipation.

Oh yes, same here. I know.

the deleted scenes/gag reel are worth the money on their own :D the extended fight scene with hawkeye and widow was awesome

I wish they would finish the FX on that scene and include it in a director's cut at some point. The stunts were incredible just raw like that. It would be great to see them as they were intended. That and the Steve Rogers/Man Out of Time sequence deserve to be in the film.

No offense to Cobie, but I hate the alternate opening. HATE!

No offense to Cobie, but I hate the alternate opening. HATE!

I like it. Its like they trick you into believing that the Hulk caused all that damage. Having said that I"m kind of glad they cut it. I like how it shows the human cost of the war. It would have been great towards the end but it's a little to depressing to end on.

I like how the alternate opening tricks you into thinking Iron Man dies. :funny:

OMg i love the gag reel. All I have to say is.... Professor Snape.:hehe:
Snape3.jpg

Last edited:
I enjoyed the alt opening and the alt ending, I feel like watching the entire film again with those opening and ending scenes along with Cap's deleted scene.

Looks like the movie is coming back for one last weekend.
315017_427199330671412_123556726_n.jpg

Heck. Yes.
This just made my weekend 3x better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"