Infinity War Avengers: Infinity War Part I - Cliffhanger/Post-Credit Scene?

JOE

Reaction score
As you all know, the third Avengers movie is going to be split into two parts. We've seen this done before, and we all know what's going to happen... There's going to be a HUGE cliffhanger scene at the end of Part I!

Let's get the conversation rolling as to what might happen, also the post-credits scene. I have a feeling the cliffhanger is going to leave everyone like this. :wow: Perhaps a lighthearted scene to have us walk out with after the credits? Jokes, I hope they lay the smack down on us for both!

Post your thoughts! Cliffhanger and post-credits scene. What are you guys thinking?

I know they'll probably be in Part 1 as well, but it'd be awesome if the closing scene was the Guardians arriving on Earth.

I'd love to have Thanos charge at the Avengers then cut to black...

I'd like to know just how close Part I and Part II will take place chronologically, especially considering there are two films taking place between them.

Are Captain Marvel and Inhumans going to take place in the past, or perhaps during (but completely removed from the events of) Part I?

If those two films are actually taking place between the events of Part I and Part II, then there may not be as a big of a cliffhanger as we may all expect. Part I could easily just lead into Captain Marvel...

What I'd do is have part one as Thanos' minions attacking Earth and are eventually beaten by the combined forces of the Avengers and Guardians. The after credits scene would be Thanos himself hovering over Earth, looking angry and raising his fist to reveal the infinity gauntlet.

part 1 should definitely end on a total downer, perhaps the death of someone important in the MCU.

Just go full Empire.

I know they'll probably be in Part 1 as well, but it'd be awesome if the closing scene was the Guardians arriving on Earth.

This, I think Part 1 will end with Thanos defeating the Avengers and leaving Earth with full IG intact, then the Guardians who have been chasing him since GoTG2 land on earth.

Thanos is going to destroy Asgard or be the one who sends the villian to destroy Asgard. In exchange I suspect for the Tesseract/Gaunlet.

Thanos is going to destroy Asgard or be the one who sends the villian to destroy Asgard. In exchange I suspect for the Tesseract/Gaunlet.

I would think that Asgard is going to get destroyed in Thor: Ragnarok.

This, I think Part 1 will end with Thanos defeating the Avengers and leaving Earth with full IG intact, then the Guardians who have been chasing him since GoTG2 land on earth.

I was going to suggest maybe Part I ends with Thanos acquiring the last gem he needs for the Gauntlet, but this is way better.

This is sooo far away, I have no idea ^^

I said the same thing in 2008 when Captain America was announced. Look at how quick the time flew by.

Thanos wins & he has a dance off with a resurrected The Other

I'm not sure if Part 1 will be a purely Avengers-centric film, with the Guardians and other heroes only showing up, or at least teaming up in Part 2. Or maybe the Guardians could be in Part 1 but they haven't teamed up with the Avengers yet because they haven't come to earth.

Maybe Thanos shows up on earth at the end and defeats the Avengers, but you know that the Guardians are coming.

As for Captain Marvel, well did Feige say something about her movie being an earthbound adventure? If that's the case, and it's set in the present, then shouldn't it really deal with the current events of Thanos and his army? How can she just ignore what's going on, unless perhaps she is sent off on a mission elsewhere, and that movie deals with that particular event while set against the backdrop of IW1.

A:IW1 could potentially end with the death of Mar-Vell at the hands of Thanos, with the post credit scene showing his powers transferred to Carol, who may already be introduced.

Cliffhanger: "Eternity, it is now your turn."
Mid credits: A battered Mar-Vell stargates into Earth orbit by chance and is found by Brand and S.W.O.R.D.
Post credits: Some dark humor with the Watcher while he's waiting on the start of round 2.

They already showed what the cliffhanger should be

[YT]_WjBRUF_gew[/YT]

I picture it like Deathly Hallows 1 and 2 where at the end of 1 Voldy gets the wand...at the end of 1 it should be Thanos completing the gauntlet

[YT]_WjBRUF_gew[/YT]

Maybe Thanos should only get all the Infinity stones by the end of the first movie and that's how the cliffhanger should be, rather than him having it right from the start. The first part should be about them trying to stop him from getting all the stones but failing to do so, with the 2nd part being where they fight Thanos who has all the stones in his possession.

If he possesses them in both parts it would be too repetitive with them fighting him that way and the threat wouldn't have increased from one film to the next.

Maybe Thanos should only get all the Infinity stones by the end of the first movie and that's how the cliffhanger should be, rather than him having it right from the start. The first part should be about them trying to stop him from getting all the stones but failing to do so, with the 2nd part being where they fight Thanos who has all the stones in his possession.

If he possesses them in both parts it would be too repetitive with them fighting him that way and the threat wouldn't have increased from one film to the next.

Well that is my thinking, that he defeats Avengers at end of IW1 and then gets the final gem, likely the mind gem. And then just leaves with full Infinity Gauntlet.

[YT]_WjBRUF_gew[/YT]

I picture it like Deathly Hallows 1 and 2 where at the end of 1 Voldy gets the wand...at the end of 1 it should be Thanos completing the gauntlet

Exactly my thoughts. I'm 100% sure this will turn out true.

And it's going to be awesome! :woot:

Avengers lay defeated, when suddenly the Milano spaceship arrives - the Guardians decend. Meanwhile, Thanos completes the Gauntlet, hones it's power, and smiles.

That would be an awesome ending.

As you all know, the third Avengers movie is going to be split into two parts. We've seen this done before, and we all know what's going to happen... There's going to be a HUGE cliffhanger scene at the end of Part I!

Let's get the conversation rolling as to what might happen, also the post-credits scene. I have a feeling the cliffhanger is going to leave everyone like this. :wow: Perhaps a lighthearted scene to have us walk out with after the credits? Jokes, I hope they lay the smack down on us for both!

Post your thoughts! Cliffhanger and post-credits scene. What are you guys thinking?

Civil War- Cap dies, post-credit scene is Bucky becoming the new Captain America.

Infinity War Part I- The film would be set in many locations with the Avengers always one step behind some cunning strategist, beaten at nearly every turn. Cliffhanger is the return of Rogers, post-credits is Thanos finally turning his attention towards Earth.

How should part one end? Hmmm

Captain America gets his hand chopped off by Thanos at the end

Iron Man gets encased in Vibranium and is taken by Crossbones to the desert country Afghanistan where Mandarin is going to pay him a bounty.

Hawkeye and Hulk are on a Quinjet flying off after Crossbones, while Cap with his new robotic hand and Black Widow look out a large window watching the Quinjet take off.

Has an ending like that ever been done?

Last edited:
How should part one end? Hmmm

Captain America gets his hand chopped off by Thanos at the end

Iron Man gets encased in Vibranium and is taken by Crossbones to the desert country Afghanistan where Mandarin is going to pay him a bounty.

Hawkeye and Hulk are on a Quinjet flying off after Crossbones, while Cap with his new robotic hand and Black Widow look out a large window watching the Quinjet take off.

Has an ending like that ever been done?

Maybe he'll get a sonic blaster attached in its place. :o

Something similar to what Harry Potter 7 did, ending with Thanos getting all the gems.

Most likely the post credit scene will be Inhuman related.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"