Avengers vs. X-Men: 2012 Event

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drz

Real Hero
Reaction score
USA Today article:
Avengers vs. X-Men is Marvel's major event series next year, running 12 biweekly issues and featuring five of the industry's most influential writers: Brian Michael Bendis, Jason Aaron, Ed Brubaker, Jonathan Hickman and Matt Fraction.
"It's one of those legendary ideas: What if the Avengers fought the X-Men? It doesn't get much easier to describe than that," Brubaker says.

Kicking off in a special "zero issue" prologue in March written by Bendis and Aaron, Avengers vs. X-Men begins the next month with an extinction-level event barreling its way toward Earth, namely the cosmic entity of death and rebirth known as the Phoenix Force. It's looking for a new host who will possess all of its power, which may or may not be the mutant teenager Hope Summers.
Cyclops, Wolverine, Magneto and the other X-Men want to protect her and prepare her if she's to be the new Phoenix. Captain America, Iron Man, Spider-Man and their fellow Avengers want her handed over to them so they can figure out what to do with her and keep the world safe from a potentially fiery fate.
Suffice it to say, tensions — and fisticuffs — arise.
"You've got two populations whose motivations are simple and understandable and defensible," says Axel Alonso, Marvel's editor in chief. "That's part of the beauty of this. You're seeing a story that evolves out of 'What would you do?' "
Of Marvel's recent annual events, Fraction says this is the one that will most appeal to hardcore comics fans as well as mainstream pop-culture mavens who've seen all four X-Men movies and the films featuring Thor, Captain America and Iron Man that have been leading up to the release of The Avengers in May.
"They've become two huge franchises that the average Joe on the street knows just from movies and cartoons and everything else," Aaron adds.
But you won't see Avengers vs. X-Men on a movie poster anytime soon, Bendis promises. "If you want to see it, come look what comics does because there are things we do better than anybody. And this is one of them."

Bi-Weekly with the top names? You bet it's going to be 3.99$ per issue lol. :oldrazz:

4ede33e13c50e.jpg

Last edited:
1323196369.jpg

Here's a more decent picture of it. Note the website: AVX.Marvel.Com, You can get this from the site:
avx_bg.png

The biggest comic book event in history begins in Avengers VS X-Men #1, hitting comic shops & the Marvel Comics app April, 2012! The top creators in comics—Brian Bendis, Jason Aaron, Jonathan Hickman, Ed Brubaker, Matt Fraction, John Romita Jr, Olivier Coipel & Adam Kubert—join forces for a landmark twelve-issue story sending The Avengers and the X-Men—the two most popular franchises in comics history—to war with each other!

The world’s greatest super heroes—Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Hulk, Black Widow, Spider-Man, Wolverine, Cyclops, Storm, Magneto and more—enter an unforgettable battle…and only one side can emerge victorious!

"It's one of those legendary ideas: What if the Avengers fought the X-Men? It doesn't get much easier to describe than that," Brubaker says.

I'm terribly ashamed of Brubaker here. Bendis having this kind of blindness towards continuity I can understand since there aren't many old comics in his colon (that's a head up his own ass joke, pay attention), but Brubaker always seemed on top of things.

Also, Wolverine should be fighting himself.

I'm terribly ashamed of Brubaker here. Bendis having this kind of blindness towards continuity I can understand since there aren't many old comics in his colon (that's a head up his own ass joke, pay attention), but Brubaker always seemed on top of things.

Yeah thats never been done before

137748501super.jpg

avengers53.jpg

marvelxmenvsavengers001.jpg

Marvel must be really desperate with DC selling much more, but The Avengers and this event must be their secret weapon

I'm honestly excited about this thought I'm weary as well. First off an event at 12 issues?! They typically drag once they hit about 6 or 7... but 12? That would possibly work if it were only 12 issues but this is an event, and a Marvel event no less. There will be many many tie-ins. Every X-Men and Avengers title will likely tie-in in some way and probably other low selling books that aren't related.

I'm guessing the reason they haven't canceled Generation Hope yet is the wish that this event will pick up sales since Hope's right in the middle of it all.

Also, I wonder if Nova (or a Nova) will play a part in this since he was shown in the Point One oneshot. I'm thinking no but you never know really. I'm glad Loeb and McGuiness aren't a part of it though as originally feared.

Man, marvel is trying very hard to create that same excitment that Civil War brought. So the marvel heroes are fighting each other once again? Been there done that to death. So what, who's side is wolverine going to take? By that promo pic it looks like he's chosen the Avengers. Call me a jaded fanboy but this reeks of desperation. And i'm fully expecting each issue to be $4.99.

I'm fine with this because I'll ignore it per usual. I just hope Secret Avengers,Uncanny X-force,Wolverine and Captain America don't have tie ins.

The thing is, Marvel need to stop making 3 events per year, their comics shouldn't cost so much and they should just stop puting spider-man and wolverine in so many comics.

In the 60s, when the Human-Torch became popular they gave him a space in Strange Tales, they didn't give him 2 spin-offs or put him in the Avengers team

Man a 12 part mini-series, this means we're going to get annihilated with tie-ins. oh boy.

and back then it was a four issue self contained story.Not a line wide crossover that takes 6 months and forces all other books in the line to tie in whether it makes sense or not.

I wonder what lame reason they will come up with this time to take Illyana out of the fight bc we all know she can take most of the Avengers out in one swoop

The bit I really liked in that news story was, "additionally, each print issue of AVENGERS VS X-MEN includes a code for a free digital copy of the issue on the Marvel Comics app at no additional cost to fans or retailers." That's how this whole digital Vs print thing should work!

The only person that has any business writing this is Remender. He's planning on exposing Wolverine's involvement in Uncanny X-Force soon. That would be the spark to ignite an Avengers/X-Men war.

To me since both Beast and Wolverine have some pretty strong ties to the Avengers I can see them and the entire Wolverine team taking sides with the Avengers.Psylocke will be thrust in the middle and really choose a side.

I might pick this up just to see Cyke Vs Cap.

It's looking like it's Scott's team against the Avengers.

That was exactly my first thought when I saw the news bit. Either he beats the **** out of himself the entire fight ala "Me, Myself and Irene." Or in the middle of the fight he just sees another Wolverine running around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"