Avengers vs. X-Men: 2012 Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Napster and about a dozen other Napster clones like LimeWire came before iTunes.

Itunes still played a role in its downfall. It existed for about 5 years before Tower Records officially went under

The Avengers have been too busy.

Civil War??

Skull Invasion?

World War Hulk?

Fear Itself??

Osborn??

Tell me where they've had the time?? Especially recently. Mansion and Tower have been destroyed.

To be fair the X-men also had to deal with these events on top of there own events and Avengers never gave two ****s about the X-men. Hell Scarlet Witch gets rid of over half the mutant race and while Cyclops and the X-men are trying to deal with the stress this has caused and all the new threats, what are Cap and Iron Man doing? starting a war with eachother. And every other event you mention had trouble showing up on the X-mens doorstep and in one of those cases Osborn came to pretty much inslave mutants and attacked the X-Men and the X-Men where left to deal with it alone and resulted in the creation of Utopia in the first place. No Avengers came to help them there. So yeah I think Scott has a point. The X-men get all the crap that comes with all the Avengers events and never any real thank you while the Avengers never fight or help in any of the X-Mens affairs.

To be fair the X-men also had to deal with these events on top of there own events and Avengers never gave two ****s about the X-men. Hell Scarlet Witch gets rid of over half the mutant race and while Cyclops and the X-men are trying to deal with the stress this has caused and all the new threats, what are Cap and Iron Man doing? starting a war with eachother. And every other event you mention had trouble showing up on the X-mens doorstep and in one of those cases Osborn came to pretty much inslave mutants and attacked the X-Men and the X-Men where left to deal with it alone and resulted in the creation of Utopia in the first place. No Avengers came to help them there. So yeah I think Scott has a point. The X-men get all the crap that comes with all the Avengers events and never any real thank you while the Avengers never fight or help in any of the X-Mens affairs.
Oh yeah and that reminds me of Emma calling them out. The Avengers had alot of nerve asking the X-men for their support during Civil War. The bulkf of the world's mutant population had just been deciMated, the government placed sentinels on the estate and basically turned it into a concentration camp, a bus full of their children was blown up and Stryker and his Purifiers assaulted the school. The Avengers were nowhere for any of that, yet they came asking them to help support them in their fight to fight other heroes. Not villians, not a galactic threat, just their friends and allies. I definetly saw why Emma got so intense and insulted by them

vr9hkw.jpg

344fddz.jpg

2h2mjc0.jpg

And you are right in that the X-men ended up getting involved in those events anyway.

Last edited:
emma is pretty full of herself, where were you emma for 30 of the last 40 years in the marvel U? Oh yeah a common criminal.....

Eh, none of that stuff counts. That was Iron Man and his fascist Avengers.

emma is pretty full of herself, where were you emma for 30 of the last 40 years in the marvel U? Oh yeah a common criminal.....
She was only a villain for 11 years and has been a reformed hero since 1994. She's been on the side of good longer than she's been evil. Its super personal for her bc her students keep getting slaughtered. She had just buried some more. Then was not the time to go to her and ask for help in some petty war

I never realized Emma 1st appeared in 1979, i thought she was along way before that.

How about this:
Emma is the reason why the X-men and Avengers are fighting...if she didn't mess with the Phoenix's mind she wouldn't have gone all DP on the universe

Emma killed Firestar's horse. She's is and always will be ****ing evil.

:doom: :doom: :doom:
Poor Butter Rum. Reminds me of this commentary I read on another site on the issue

AND SHE KILLED FIRESTAR'S HORSE! That's so evil it actually loops back on itself and becomes a crowning moment of awesome. It should clearly be referenced all the time.

Kitty: You tortured me!

Jean: You brainwashed me!

Firestar: And you killed my horse!

Scott: Ladies, please, Emma is a reformed... wait, what was that last one?

Emma: That horse had it coming, Scott.
http://scans-daily.dreamwidth.org/36754.html

How about this:
Emma is the reason why the X-men and Avengers are fighting...if she didn't mess with the Phoenix's mind she wouldn't have gone all DP on the universe
That'd be funny if, when the Phoenix joins Hope and inevitably starts kicking people's asses, Scott turns and is like, "This is all your fault, Emma."

Wooow the Avengers came off badly everywhere in Civil War didn't they? At least they tried helping Second Coming lol.

I'm confused as to how Hope keeps manifesting the Phoenix raptor when the Phoenix is still on its way?

I get the feeling that the heroes think the Phoenix Force is returning to Earth but will find out that it's already been here for a while. The Force itself has been split into portions before so who knows...? The Phoenix Force has always been convoluted so be prepared for a lot of head scratching.

Wooow the Avengers came off badly everywhere in Civil War didn't they? At least they tried helping Second Coming lol.

I'm confused as to how Hope keeps manifesting the Phoenix raptor when the Phoenix is still on its way?
The Phoenix broke into millions of fragments at the end of Morrison's New X-men run. Jean Grey left to collect them and unify the PF in Endsong. Hope either has a fragment or is one herself come to life.

Well, when the Phoenix collected fragments from the Cuckoos, Rachel, or Korvus it didn't come barrelling to where they were, triggering a mass event. What makes Hope more of a vessel than Rachel? I just hope she ends up being more than someone who has a fragment I guess.

Well, when the Phoenix collected fragments from the Cuckoos, Rachel, or Korvus it didn't come barrelling to where they were, triggering a mass event. What makes Hope more of a vessel than Rachel? I just hope she ends up being more than someone who has a fragment I guess.
Hope could be the final fragment and the last piece of the puzzle to make it whole. That could be why it needs her to complete it

I've got to re-read Endsong. I've never read Warsong so I should probably do that too...

That's what I've heard so I avoided it. Now it seems it might be relevant to upcoming events.

That's what I've heard so I avoided it. Now it seems it might be relevant to upcoming events.
Maybe but not really. It had some major revelations and reprecussions but ultimately they went ignored in the other books. The PF randomly exiting the Cuckoos mid-battle in UXM was the only reference that the book even happened

I get the feeling that the heroes think the Phoenix Force is returning to Earth but will find out that it's already been here for a while. The Force itself has been split into portions before so who knows...? The Phoenix Force has always been convoluted so be prepared for a lot of head scratching.

My Guess: We discover that there was never a Phoenix Force and it was Jean who created the PF effect. Jean shattered her consciousness and that is what has been possessing people claiming to be phoenix.(because it wouldn't be a Phoenix story without a flip flop from Jean's abilities to cosmic creature possessing her)

So you make my point. THEY HAVE BEEN TOO BUSY!
Doesn't matter if you like the "reason" they were preoccupied.

X-men: "You're never there for us"
Avengers:"Sorry dealing with one of our members killing off members and completely dismantling our team,Skrulls infiltrating the world and a massacre in Stamford resulting in the deaths of 600 people, and then the government hunting us down...whats your issue?"
X-Men:".....we're hated and mistrusted"
Avengers:"uh huh"

To be fair, they're both right.

The Avengers were busy, but they were also not around when the X-Men needed help. I mean a bunch of ex Mutant kids getting blowed up and nobody could spare the time to help? Nobody?!? Really?!? I mean hell, somebody coulda showed up and maybe saw how they were doing seeing as they had a hand in what happened to the Mutant Populace in the first place.

But then again, f**k those dirty Muties. :o

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95