Avengers vs. X-Men: 2012 Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, they're both right.

The Avengers were busy, but they were also not around when the X-Men needed help. I mean a bunch of ex Mutant kids getting blowed up and nobody could spare the time to help? Nobody?!? Really?!? I mean hell, somebody coulda showed up and maybe saw how they were doing seeing as they had a hand in what happened to the Mutant Populace in the first place.

But then again, f**k those dirty Muties. :o

A mutant went crazy and decimated the Avengers...didnt see the X-men around...and thats their jurisdiction...handling crazy mutants

They did show up.

Hell, Hank was there while it was going down.

They also met up with the Avengers on the site of their previous genocide to hammer out how to solve the problem of Wanda......maybe they shoulda killed her. :o

A mutant went crazy and decimated the Avengers...didnt see the X-men around...and thats their jurisdiction...handling crazy mutants
Magneto was there and he took Wanda away with Xavier helping him to try and restore her mind and fix her. Didnt work though. The X-men showed up in House of M 1 when they were asked to come and help with dealing with SW and how to assess the situation

X-men: "You're never there for us"
Avengers:"Sorry dealing with one of our members killing off members and completely dismantling our team,Skrulls infiltrating the world and a massacre in Stamford resulting in the deaths of 600 people, and then the government hunting us down...whats your issue?"
X-Men:".....we're hated and mistrusted"
Avengers:"uh huh"
The X-Men were there for most of those. Cyclops even told Hank to infect the Skrulls with the Legacy Virus. Where were the Avengers when Selene resurrected all those dead mutants to attack the X-Men or when Bastion sent Operation : Zero Tolerance after them , etc ?

Ultimately, it comes down to one of those major problems of a shared universe. Why everybody doesn't team up during those huge universal threats that seems to happen all the time? For every thing the X-Men can say they never got help with, one could insert any team and have the same questions. For instance, where were the X-Men when the FF were saving the world from Galactis? Or where were the X-Men when Ultron wiped out an entire country? All you can say is, they were busy, or it happened so fast they didn't have time to respond.

It ultimately comes down to, the writers didn't want some other team coming in and saving the day cuz that's just stupid. :o.

Did the X-Men help vs the Annihilation Wave?
How bout The War of 4 Cities that just happened?
War of Kings?
Maestro?
Surely Mephisto has nearly destroyed the planet recently.
Ghost Rider help on that one?

:D

:doom: :doom: :doom:

LOL....Havok, Rachel and Polaris were all involved in War of Kings

when Bastion sent Operation : Zero Tolerance after them
cant blame them for this one as the Avengers were kinda you know, dead

War of Kings wasn't the Annhilation Wave. That was 2 galactic threats after.

And he wasn't talking about the Avengers not getting any help, he was talking about how every team isn't there to help when big s**t goes down to point out that the X-Men have committed the same crime of absence themselves......which is really just the nature of the shared universe.

So, you know, quit your damn whining. :o

War of Kings?
Maestro?

:D

To be fair, one of Nova's biggest beefs was that the 'heroes' were too busy beating each other up out of stupidity when he was attempting to save the universe from the Annihilation wave.

LOL....Havok, Rachel and Polaris were all involved in War of Kings

cant blame them for this one as the Avengers were kinda you know, dead
Oh yeah , I forgot about that.

The Avengers didn't help with that either. Nova actually came back to Earth pissed at Iron Man for exactly that reason.

Didn't the Avengers only show up for like 2 pages of that too? I mean, I'll count it but it's pretty thin.

War of Kings?
Again, the Avengers sat that one out. The Guardians of the Galaxy did most of the heavy lifting there.

Has anyone fought the Maestro lately?

Blackheart just tried to turn Las Vegas into an outpost of Hell. Ghost Rider and Johnny Blaze both helped with that. The Avengers had Red Hulk there, but that was kind of an accident. He was supposed to be bringing Venom back in, and technically he was dispatched as a member of the military rather than as an Avenger.

Avengers show up to clean up after the FF. Even when Johnny dies. Maestro was born on Nu Earth recently. I presume the timeline advances from there to all the badstuff he did in Captain Britain? Oh and where were the X-Men when the FF were saving the population of NuEarth? Heh... it goes on and on.

Oh and did anyone help with the Brits on the tail end of their mag? Dracula showed up and bit Jubilee so I suppose we should thank him.

Did the X-Men help Hercules and the God Squad?
How bout Spider-Island or when the Venom Virus hit?
The X-Men didn't help when the Avengers invaded Latveria!

Ok.. I'm drifting. :o

I recall the X-men helping in Spider-Island.

i think if i have one main gripe with the first issue its Wolverine with the Avengers attack force. I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt that maybe he is there to defuse things. But Wolverine would not just join in a attack on the team he us akways loyal to and is family. Of course it is a cross over.

Abot the X-men not help the Avengers(which they have been drawn into almost every major event ) or the Avengers not helping the X-Men. I think people are overstating Scotts arguement(myself inculded) I mean if you didnt see Cap anywhere during the near extiction of your race and you finaly have...hope and he wants to take it away. I think I would be pissed to, anyone would.

Wolverine went in knowing he'd have to fight Cyclops. He understands there's no reasoning with Scott when it comes to Hope or his quest to save mutantkind. He actually says as much in New Avengers this week. Ms. Marvel, I think, says that Cap'll make Scott see reason when the Avengers are waiting on the Helicarrier, but Wolverine straight-up says, "No, he won't." Presumably, Wolverine is there because he believes that the Avengers' solution of at least trying to keep Hope and the Phoenix apart is the best of the available options. Sure, the other X-Men might still be his friends, but no one's ever accused Wolverine of letting sentimentality get in the way of what he thinks needs to be done.

I love how Cap tells the Avengers that the PF is coming and Storm is like "Bye!" and hightails it out of there. So much for her newfound Avengers loyalty. Looks like someone's gonna get her card revoked...lol

Haha, that was kind of a funny scene. Cap's like, "Go, you know where you need to be." After she flies off, he should've been like, "And I know we have people who can take your ass anyway, so no big deal." :D

X-men: "You're never there for us"
Avengers:"Sorry dealing with one of our members killing off members and completely dismantling our team,Skrulls infiltrating the world and a massacre in Stamford resulting in the deaths of 600 people, and then the government hunting us down...whats your issue?"
X-Men:".....we're hated and mistrusted"
Avengers:"uh huh"

LOL!!! :woot: Perfect!

To be fair, they're both right.

The Avengers were busy, but they were also not around when the X-Men needed help. I mean a bunch of ex Mutant kids getting blowed up and nobody could spare the time to help? Nobody?!? Really?!? I mean hell, somebody coulda showed up and maybe saw how they were doing seeing as they had a hand in what happened to the Mutant Populace in the first place.

But then again, f**k those dirty Muties. :o

Yes...REALLY!

Cap was dead......or whatever that was.

Wolverine's always had an issue with Hope though. I remember somewhere he was talking to her about how people like her always go nuts and it always falls to people like him to take her out. It was in regards to why he always kept distant from her and why he always had an attitude about her. He was trying not to get attached.

So his siding with Cap at the beginning of this is somewhat reasonable, as he's expected something like this with Hope since she first showed up. He's likely assuming the worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"