Back To The Future appreciation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Immortalfire

Nu.
Staff member
Reaction score
As spectacular as The Lord of The Rings is, as adventure-hunger satisfying Indiana Jones is, and as classic as The Godfather may be, the 1985/1955/2015/1885 time-travelling adventure will more than likely always be my favorite 3-film series. Let's hear it for the Doc, Marty and the 1983 DeLorean :cool:

Immortalfire said:
As spectacular as The Lord of The Rings is, as adventure-hunger satisfying Indiana Jones is, and as classic as The Godfather may be, the 1985/1955/2015/1885 time-travelling adventure will more than likely always be my favorite 3-film series. Let's hear it for the Doc, Marty and the 1983 DeLorean :cool:
Why don't you make like a tree, and GO! :mad:

"What the hell is a gigawatt?"

"This thread is heavy"

Krema Tor said:
Correction:
"Why don't ya make like a tree, and get outta here!"

To quote someone much wiser than I...

"It's LEAVE, you idiot! Make like a tree and LEAVE! You sound like a damn fool when you say it wrong!" :D

Yeah, I liked BTTFII, even if it was a mess.

Love the movie,why can't other movies be this good.

There's something magical about how these actors are so perfect for their roles and everything came together so well: the music, the fx, the filmmaking. It was a phenomenal experience to see such quality coming out of my tv for the first time. There are soem other 80s flicks that have the same scifi/comedy thing going on but they're not as good to me because of how perfectly well executed this film was.

And that time traveling car is just so damn cool.

This and Ghostbusters came from god.

Three of my all time favorite movies and one of my all time favorite film serieses.

Immortalfire said:

LOTR, Indiana Jones, Die Hard.. as cool as all these are, Back to the Future will always be my fave 3-film series too.. I think I must have been about 10 when I first saw the 1st movie and it was my first proper favourite movie.

Great score, good FX, good story, good actors.. Michael J Fox, Christopher Lloyd and Thomas F Wilson worked so great together.. and the DeLorean was so cool!

I think i'd have to say that part 2 is my favourite.. I love the whole back and forth thing in it..

A few echoes throughout the series:

The phrase "back to the future" is spoken several times in each film.
Doc & Marty's trademark terms, "Great Scott!" and "This is heavy" are repeated constantly. At one point in Part III, the two switch the lines.
Biff calls Marty "butthead" in each film, although in Part III, he says it accidentally.
Marty wakes up somewhere and says, "Mom..is that you?" in each film.
Tannen pushes down the main female character.
The camera pans across the DeLorean's destination readout before a time-jump.
Marty runs out of the cafe/bar and is pursued through the streets, even though his escape doesn't work too well in Part III.
Tannen ends up buried in manure at some point.
Marty's friend Needles says "How's it hangin, McFly?" in Parts II and III.

Classic that about sums it up. Funny 2015 is coming up soon I dont think anything shown in Back To The Future Part 2 will actually happen.

The 2nd one was my favorite. The 3rd was ok and the 1st one started it all!

Nothing topped the original.

:)

Gotenks, glad you made the Movies forum.

540616.jpeg

"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious ****"

:up:

I thought the first and the 2nd ones were the best :) I love these films.

"Hey kid! i need to borrow your....... hover board?!"

And its great when the car is coming toward them in the first one and Marty is edging away with the camera :D tehe

Best trilogy ever...

1st one was the best family film ever, hands down...

Good times, I could use a good dose of it

i loved BTTF2 :D :up:

hoverboards-- damn, when are those things gonna become real? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"