Bad Robot/Jonathan Nolan Bringing "Westworld" to HBO - Part 1

Great episode, I’ve always liked Tessa Thompson as an actress but her range in this episode was incredible, but also so subtle. She can effortlessly flick between scared, dangerous, innocent, devious, and also switch from being passionate about something to coldly robotic so easily.

As Kaijudude mentioned, the scenes with Dolores and Caleb were also far more interesting than I expected, and a lot of that is down to their performances. Interesting how Caleb laments the artificial nature of his world and searches for something ‘real’, but seems to be finding that in a synthetic being. There’s a slight parallel here with MIB also as he also lamented the real world and also the artificial restrictions in place in the park, seemingly searching for something more real than what was in his life. However Caleb seems to have a goodness that MIB lacked. Will be curious to see if Dolores’ previous interactions with MIB colour her behaviour with Caleb.

Loved this episode. It's the most POI episode yet.
I love so much finally finding a fanbase on here that will get POI references :D

I finally found time to watch Episode 3, and it was indeed incredible. I love that even though they've taken a far more straight forward story-telling approach, there's still so many mysteries and secrets to keep us second-guessing everything.

Tonight's episode is directed by Paul Cameron.

He was the cinematographer of The Original, Parce Domine, and the Utah unit for Season 2.

Damn. That was a brilliant episode.

Loved the
reveal. We really should’ve known that they’re all Dolores. All the clues were there! Kudos to the ones who at least thought Dolores is Wyatt and Hale is Dolores. You were at least partially right. :p

DoloRoot :bow: :hrt:

ETA:

I must admit I got fooled at the beginning and I thought
the list Musashi was giving (Hector, Clementine, Maeve’s daughter) plus him were 4 of the 5 and then bam that reveal!

Last edited:
Yeah, that was a great reveal.

It makes plenty of sense, too. Of course the only one she would trust is herself. Which does beg the question why Bernard is still around. Hiroyuki Sanada better be in future episodes. Didn't get enough of him in the park, plus I want to see him as Dolores the Murderbot.

Still loving the world building they are doing. Passwords in their blood is real interesting.

Excellent episode.

Loved this episode and it was a great use of Singapore. Only probably is, that’s what Singapore looks like NOW, so whenever this takes place, it will probably have floating buildings and such, lol.

Now that was a fantastic episode and damn that twist was crazy, but now it all makes a lot more sense honestly. This show just great at adding more and more layers to these characters which not only keeps things interesting and fresh, but is also the main reason why IMO these surprise revelations are as effective as they are. All the stuff with Singapore in this episode was awesome as well, especially seeing
Hiroyuki Sanada
again and I really hope we get more of him this season after how criminally underused he was last season.

Dolores is the GOAT! :bow:

- I wish I had hallucinations of beautiful women as much as William and Bernard.

- They keep on asking us who is with Dolores. They want us to guess. Which probably means the twist is no one is. That’s the stupid answer isn’t it? They had us chasing our tails, and they are all Dolores.

- Thor’s less handsome brother is all of us after two weeks of quarantine.

- And she takes you clothes shopping? What’s not to love? :atp:

- If I was to ever get jumped on the street, I would prefer it be Evan Rachel Wood.

- Cassel’s character background is a European baddie whose home was bombed, and thus he wanted a secret system to stop it from happening again. I am thinking the same thing as you Snow Queen. He’s a cross between Zemo and Ultron!

- Vincent Cassel and I have very different ideas of what friends are.

- This guy is Asian. A Samurai World host body?

- This is the worst 3D experience since the remake of Clash of the Titans.

- Maeve right now, “are we the baddies?”

- This is like a less sexy version of the Skyfall shaving scene, and I am blaming the completely not sexy Tessa Thompson for this. Ed Harris is sex incarnate after all.

- The first clue that Aiden Pearce is up to no good, is he is a 4, maybe four and half, walking next to a stone cold 10.

- My brother just said, “nah it just means he is rich.” To which I replied, “not with that hairline.”

- The little beret on the guard is everything.

- POI Time Square, without Time Square. Nice.

- Maeve just shot the balls off the Asian Tiger King.

- When did Batwoman get this kind of budget and quality actors?

- Maeve is fangirling Dolores as much as I do. :hehe:

- Because smuggling dead bodies ain’t my ****ing business.

- Stanley Kubrick would be very proud of this scene.

- The actually appropriate song for this scene:

- If Evan Rachel Wood shows up in a masquerade mask, I might not survive this.

- :thud:

- Bernard I am going to be honest. That mask ain’t great cover.

- My favorite part of all of this, is Thor’s less handsome brother looks like he has the corona.

- Maeve cheats at Playstation.

- The Bride wishes it was that easy.

- Damn William took a long time to get ready.

- Of course he put himself back together. He had all bloody day. :funny:

- It was not till this moment that I realized that Ed Harris and Hulk Hogan have the same hairline.

- Look, it’s the dude from Endgame!

- I am the dude playing the dude, disguised as the other dude!

- Yep, they are all Dolores!

- This is the best plan since 35 minutes ago.

- I like how it looks like they are fighting in the blood of Bilbo Baggins.

- “Does it feel good William, to realize some of your delusions are real?”

“I am going to honest. Yes.”

- She sent him to Arkham!

- “Hell lover.” Living my life!!!! :argh:

- William looks like a painter.

- Still having the best visions.

- I have to say, the wig isn’t what it use to be.

The highlight of the episode.

6f9a76237e01cf2b3dff695cc6b7bc888dd74369.jpg

HBO released the titles and writer/director credits for the second half...
Season 3, Episode 5: “Genre”
Debut date: Sunday, April 12 (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET/PT)
Synopsis: Just say no.
Written by Karrie Crouse & Jonathan Nolan; directed by Anna Foerster.

Season 3, Episode 6: “Decoherence”
Debut date: Sunday, April 19 (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET/PT)
Synopsis: Do a lot of people tell you that you need therapy?
Written by Suzanne Wrubel & Lisa Joy; directed by Jennifer Getzinger.

Season 3, Episode 7: “Passed Pawn”
Debut date: Sunday, April 26 (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET/PT)
Synopsis: A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.
Written by Gina Atwater; directed by Helen Shaver.

Season 3, Episode 8: “Crisis Theory”
Debut date: Sunday, May 3 (9:00-10:15 p.m. ET/PT)
Synopsis: Time to face the music.
Written by Denise Thé & Jonathan Nolan; directed by Jennifer Getzinger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"