The Dark Knight Rises Bane... The new Darth Vader?

Really? A thread on Banes voice as if you had the luxury already to sit through 2 1/2 hrs of the movie to have comments on it? For one I say lets just wait till the movie comes out. We all know we end up fork afterwards and end up loving the iteration we get from Nolan's characters. Secondly, like I posted elsewhere.. I think Banes voice sounds as it should, as if hes wearing a mask and that's exactly how one might sound wearing such an apparatus.

No no no, Bane is the new Shredder... You know, the Ninja Darth Vader. "This is your family, *I* am your father!".

I was thinking the same thing yesterday. It's a shame this movie is the last, a new trilogy would make Bane perhaps the new ultimate badguy.

Problem with this would have been...I don't think anyone would want Bane for three movies anyway.

I have no problem with bane as Main villian, especially his voice. I mean, you wear a mask and see how clearly you talk =^O

But Nolan hasn't let us down yet with his casting of the villains and portrayals of them. I don't think after building up two phenomenal films that he would flop out on the 3rd one. Band is gonna be epic in this film

ROTJ is definitely the weakest of the original movies. But the final battle between Luke and Vader, and Vader killing the Emperor, is brilliant.

Weak or Not its a classic. I dare someone here to make a better movie, everyones so quick to hate but no one has done better. Name some other movie trilogies that have been good as the Star Wars movies. You cant.

Lord of the Rings. I'd say even with part 3 bringing it down, the Godfather as well.

What other trilogy besides Star Wars comes even close? And please, for the love of all that is ****ing holy do not say the Nolan Batman trilogy. lol.

Heath Ledger - the new Brandon Lee?

Both were 28 when they died.
Both wore makeup.
Both died after making the greatest movies of their careers.

What other trilogy besides Star Wars comes even close? And please, for the love of all that is ****ing holy do not say the Nolan Batman trilogy. lol.

If Robocop III wasnt so ****ing terrible id choose that, even Ninja Turtles trilogy but the third was ****** also haha.

:funny: Actually, yea Lords of Dogtown is awesome.

Very true. But for me, LOTR trilogy is on another level.

I dont know about The Joker, Heath should have won an Oscar for his amazing portrayal of Stacy Peralta! :lmao:

I dont know about The Joker, Heath should have won an Oscar for his amazing portrayal of Stacy Peralta! :lmao:

He was Skip! And actually, looking back at that movie there was a few mannerisms and ticks I thought he brought into his Joker role.

The Joker in TDK did displays signs of heavy drug use in his past i think. Maybe he used to be a junkie or something.

137353-bane.jpg

darth-vader-face.jpeg

Weak or Not its a classic. I dare someone here to make a better movie, everyones so quick to hate but no one has done better. Name some other movie trilogies that have been good as the Star Wars movies. You cant.

LOTR had a much stronger third movie than SW/ROTJ. TDKR...and the trilogy...has a chance of being better as movies, too. ROTJ wasn't just weak...it was just plain bad and only depended on the fact it was part of Star Wars to be a 'classic'.

Last edited:
This Batman trilogy has no chance of being better than the LOTR trilogy.

Not as big, but as far as movies go, maybe just as good. Personally, I like both Batman movies better so far than the LOTR ones. But LOTR was at least consistently 'good'...it really did feel like one big movie over three chapters. Indiana Jones was a joke after Raiders, and Empire presented the best that anything Star Wars ever was or will be before or since. Like Star Trek II compared to every other Star Trek movie....but these new ones are carving out a nice niche of their own.

But...what're we talking about? Oh yeah....Bane.....:O I can't see him or anyone having the kind of iconography as a villain like Vader does...kinda' like you'll probably never see a mafia don with the same kind of iconography as Vito Corleone in Godfather. Those movies changed movies, basically. So for any villain to be the 'new Vader', we'll probably need a new Star Wars, or something that will redefine the movie experience like Star Wars did to set him up. Avatar? No. I don't think TDKR will either...but that's not a knock.

Last edited:
He was Skip! And actually, looking back at that movie there was a few mannerisms and ticks I thought he brought into his Joker role.

The Joker in TDK did displays signs of heavy drug use in his past i think. Maybe he used to be a junkie or something.

I thought he was played Stacy? Its been quite a while since I've seen it...and never again :p

Heath did play Joker like a junkie. IMO, Joker was so obsessed with his crazy philosophy, that it must have been drugs that clouded and filled his head in the first place.

Also, he was so chilled while walking away from the exploding hospital, it must have been the effects of pot :hehe:

Not as big, but as far as movies go, maybe just as good. Personally, I like both Batman movies better so far than the LOTR ones. But LOTR was at least consistently 'good'...it really did feel like one big movie over three chapters. Indiana Jones was a joke after Raiders, and Empire presented the best that anything Star Wars ever was or will be before or since. Like Star Trek II compared to every other Star Trek movie....but these new ones are carving out a nice niche of their own.

But...what're we talking about? Oh yeah....Bane.....:O I can't see him or anyone having the kind of iconography as a villain like Vader does...kinda' like you'll probably never see a mafia don with the same kind of iconography as Vito Corleone in Godfather. Those movies changed movies, basically. So for any villain to be the 'new Vader', we'll probably need a new Star Wars, or something that will redefine the movie experience like Star Wars did to set him up. Avatar? No. I don't think TDKR will either...but that's not a knock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"