Rogue One James Earl Jones is Darth Vader in Rogue One

People tend to forget that as badass as he is, he's still Anakin Skywalker under all that black, lol.

People tend to forget that as badass as he is, he's still Anakin Skywalker under all that black, lol.
Anakin Skywalker as described in the OT by Obi-Wan, Yoda and Luke. The father under the mask. The one who saved his son, looked into his eyes and died a good person. That Anakin Skywalker, and no other. Just to make that clear.

Anakin Skywalker as described in the OT by Obi-Wan, Yoda and Luke. The father under the mask. The one who saved his son, looked into his eyes and died a good person. That Anakin Skywalker, and no other. Just to make that clear.

He didn't step foot on Tatooine due to his hatred of sand. He's still got some prequel annie in him.

Not the digitally inserted force ghost at the end of ROTJ :o

Of course. Isn't that the one we all think of?

He didn't step foot on Tatooine due to his hatred of sand. He's still got some prequel annie in him.
bLLCf95.gif

I have to admit, it is kind of amazing how well those images work. :funny:

Isn't the 'nooooo' moment in rots there to signify that anakin skywalker died after realizing it his fault that padme and their unborn child is dead. He truly became vader then. And that the conflict he faces in rotj is only after luke appears, reigniting and appealing to one small speck of humanity still left in him?

Last edited:
The more I think about it, my only issue is that he really could have got the plans in that hallway. Even with the distractions of he'd moved just a bit faster or used the force to grab the disk like he did those weapons it would've been over. I feel like Edwards could've rectified that by getting the plans taken just a bit sooner. Otherwise, I have no problems at all with Vader in the film.

I think he might not even be aware of the fact that one of the soldiers was carrying any kind of disk. I reckon he thought the plans were already onboard the Tantive 4 and that his fleet would take care of it if it tried to espace. Thus he took his time in killing the rebels.

I think he might not even be aware of the fact that one of the soldiers was carrying any kind of disk. I reckon he thought the plans were already onboard the Tantive 4 and that his fleet would take care of it if it tried to espace. Thus he took his time in killing the rebels.

Then why didn't he hurry up when he saw a rebel soldier giving the disk to another soldier on the other side of the door?

If I can allow myself one nitpick.

While the costume itself was a thing of beauty, it didn't really remind me of the ANH suit at all, save for the red lenses.

If I can allow myself one nitpick.

While the costume itself was a thing of beauty, it didn't really remind me of the ANH suit at all, save for the red lenses.
I can understand that. I always remember the original helmet being cruddy. This one was a little too well made.

This should have been Rogue One's opening scene.

[YT]qLGupfhR0JY[/YT]

I can understand that. I always remember the original helmet being cruddy. This one was a little too well made.
Right. I'm sure it had a bit more to do with the quality of the materials than anything, but the ANH suit had an aged, worn look to it that I appreciated. This costume was a little too pristine in comparison. Plus the whole "robes over the shoulder plates" thing.

This should have been Rogue One's opening scene.

[YT]qLGupfhR0JY[/YT]

:lmao:

Right. I'm sure it had a bit more to do with the quality of the materials than anything, but the ANH suit had an aged, worn look to it that I appreciated. This costume was a little too pristine in comparison. Plus the whole "robes over the shoulder plates" thing.
Yeah, the suit felt brand new. Also his gloves seemed off to me for some reason. One of my favorite things about Vader in Empire was how he was so shiny and new looking. So there defintiely is a contrast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"