Rogue One James Earl Jones is Darth Vader in Rogue One

Breogan

My other Avi is Gaucho Mickey
Reaction score
Original Darth Vader sculptor starts working on Rogue One - http://**************.net/2016/01/25215/
We have it on good authority that the Darth Vader costume as seen in Star Wars: A New Hope has been meticulously recreated to match A New Hope perfectly. By all accounts the costume is so close to the original everyone is very happy and very impressed with the work done by Brian Muir and his team.

ZZ51CBA145.jpg

Vader's eye-lenses red (matching ANH design)
Plus the lower breathing-vent also seems smaller like ANH. ;)

Vader storyboard “pitches” - http://**************.net/2016/01/a-...ar-wars-story/

The action sequences filmed are unknown, but there was work pitching the different ways Darth Vader could kill rebels on a battlefield with the Force and his lightsaber. The storyboard “pitches” showed decapitated rebels, people being dismembered by Vader throwing his sword, levitating bodies to make human shields, and so on. The art was more violent than what we’ve seen Darth Vader do on screen before.

Rumor: Spencer Wilding plays body of Vader- http://**************.net/2016/04/s...y-darth-vader-in-rogue-one-a-star-wars-story/

EW on Vader - http://www.ew.com/article/2016/06/23/darth-vader-rogue-one-star-wars

Kennedy says Rogue One has to make careful use of Vader. “He will be in the movie sparingly,” she says. “But at a key, strategic moment, he’s going to loom large.”

Kiri Hart Lucasfilm’s chief of story development - “Vader doesn’t really play by the rules,” ... “He’s present in the military structure, but he’s not beholden to it. He’s not accountable to anybody, really, except Palpatine.”

Last edited:
The quote about Director Orson Krennic speaks to how Vader will be used in the film.

Ben Mendelsohn’s Director Orson Krennic is the primarily villain of the film, who we now know is the leader of the Deathtroopers previously seen in the teaser trailer. The outlet reveals that he’s hoping to squash the Rebels with his soldiers to gain favor with the Emperor, all while “avoiding the wrath” of Darth Vader. “The bad guy is a lot more terrifying when he’s really smart, and really effective,” says executive producer John Knoll. “There is a lot of palace intrigue going on in the Empire, with people conspiring to move up the ranks and sabotaging each other. There’s not a lot of loyalty there.”

While the main villain will be Krennic, Vader will for the most part likely be played in contention with Krennic.
Not with the Rebels.
So on the Empire side, this is somewhat a Vader vs Krennic film, which makes it all the more interesting.
Until the very end when we know Vader has finally taken over the mission to retrieve the plans himself. (you can guess what becomes of Krennic)
Which leads to the opening of ANH.
16bm9m.gif

Last edited:
I fully expect Vader to kill Krennic.

Just thinking about Vader showing up with the Imperial March playing is enough to get me hyped. I hope his role isn't too big or too small; like I said earlier, give him roughly ten minutes of screentime and one solid action sequence and it's perfect.

Can't wait to see Vader. Goes to show you have to take film makers comments with a grain of salt, as they swore that there was not going to be any force users in this.

they swore that there was not going to be any force users in this.
Did he swear "there was not going to be any force users."?
Do you have any evidence of this?
If this is the quote you are referencing he was pretty clearly talking about no Jedi coming to save the day.

Rogue One is set in a time when the Jedi are basically extinct — there are no warriors with “magical powers” to save the day. “It’s about the fact that God’s not coming to save us,” said Edwards. “The absence of the Jedi hangs over the movie.”

Last edited:
i think the relationship between Vader & Krennic will be similar to that of Kylo Ren & General Hux

All i want from Vader is a set piece akin to what they did with him Vader Down...he wiped out an entire battalion.

It was glorious.

KpoGylj.jpg

Dead-Men-Tell-No-Tales.jpg

Oh yes. I would love to see something like that. With that exact dialogue.

Oh yes. I would love to see something like that. With that exact dialogue.

Its such a great line. Im sure Jason Aarron would die a happy man knowing his comic line made it into a Star Wars movie

I hope Edwards and co. had the Vader body actor(s) study the hell out of Prowse's body language.

I really wan't a bad, brutal, bulliyish, savage, unlikable killer. I really hope they make him despicable. Some large action scene depicting the full force of the dark side. I wan't to come out of the theater thinking: Someone get that mutha... Man, i can't wait.

When has Vader ever been "unlikable", when not played by Hayden? The dude is so cool, even as he slaughtering Rebels, he ges the love.

Vader could have said something about Mon Mothma's husband's affairs, but didn't because her daughter was present :o

Just thinking about Vader showing up with the Imperial March playing is enough to get me hyped. I hope his role isn't too big or too small; like I said earlier, give him roughly ten minutes of screentime and one solid action sequence and it's perfect.

My opinion too.

Yea, I don't see any way Krennic "avoids Vader's wrath" in the end of this movie.

Eh. I dunno.

Judging by the whole Krennic v Erso's vibe from that last trailer, I'd wager that Jyn is the one to end him.

Eh. I dunno.

Judging by the whole Krennic v Erso's vibe from that last trailer, I'd wager that Jyn is the one to end him.
They have mentioned that Krennic is trying to avoid Vader's wrath in the movie. I get the distinct feeling Vader is going to end him.

Maybe he survives and becomes Snoke. :ninja:

I agree with what one person said in this thread that I also expect Vader to have 10 minutes of screen time. I just he's useful in those 10 minutes we see him on screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"