The Flash The Flash General Discussion and Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple things.

Luthor wasn't bald when he first appeared...he had hair.

Pharaoh had hair once too.

And he wasn't a builder of civilization, even in early stories...he was a mad scientist bent on destroying society from his evl dirigible lair, complete with death ray.

Pharaoh was hell bent on destroying the jews (a "society") from his evil lair by whatever means necessary...it's not that different. If he had a death ray I'm sure he'd have used it.

It's more similar to Moses than Christ hands down.

I would imagine their intention was to create a character that would appeal...not just to make a character who was Jewish.

Yes, and they didn't make one that was jewish, either, but I doubt their intention was to create a character that has such a blatant Christ parallel as some have tried to ascribe to Superman.

And they didn't originally create a LOT of things that have become key parts of Superman's mythos. How is that a valid argument about who the character is now?

Because the idea of Superman as comic book Jesus clashes with the definition of who he is. It at least clashes with my understanding of him to say the least. Not to mention the whole "Christ in a cape" bit is why many people think Superman is "boring", which I understand because that would bore me too. The "benevolent martyr who is here to do the will of his father"... great for Jesus, and I'm not knocking that, but it's not Superman. He's not a deity, he's not a messiah, he's not sent here to save us. There's a humility and down to earthness in Superman (and I know Jesus had humility too but it's a very different kind of humility) that I feel he's had since his first appearance that making him "comic book Jesus with the big destiny" takes away from him. Makes him too perfect, and Superman is not perfect, he, like Moses, is just a good man.

Last edited:
Did I walk into the wrong thread? :p I thought this was the flash thread but everyones talking about how superman is/isnt jesus. Lol

Seriously though, after disliking the suit at first, the trailer made it look 1000x better so hopefully it looks thT good throighout the series. I just can't get over that rediculously stupid belt :facepalm: thankfully its not THAT noticeable in motion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"