Batgirl 'Batgirl' movie? - Part 1

Have a hard time seeing what’s messy about it, other than belonging to a franchise that some people will consider messy no matter what.
Really? The rumors point to Keaton.

Being tied to a 30 year old franchise, and using a 69 year old Batman and a 66 year old Gordon (who is tied to a significantly younger Batman) doesn’t seem messy to you?

I’m excited, but it’s definitely messy.

Using Affleck would be the way smoother. I wish they could finagle it.

Really? The rumors point to Keaton.

Being tied to a 30 year old franchise, and using a 69 year old Batman and a 66 year old Gordon (who is tied to a significantly younger Batman) doesn’t seem messy to you?

I’m excited, but it’s definitely messy.

Using Affleck would be the way smoother. I wish they could finagle it.

That's not really messy. Could easily have a Bruce/Jim that grew up together, had two different life experiences in Gotham. While Bruce leaves Gotham to train you have Jim stay in Gotham to tackle things head on. It'd actually be a really great change to the mythos.

It's no more messy than having a young Barbara just now becoming Batgirl after Afflecks Bruce already went through 1-2 Robins when she is supposed to be the same age if not older than Dick.

E7kUCtuVoAA-4Yu

That's not really messy. Could easily have a Bruce/Jim that grew up together, had two different life experiences in Gotham. While Bruce leaves Gotham to train you have Jim stay in Gotham to tackle things head on. It'd actually be a really great change to the mythos.

It's no more messy than having a young Barbara just now becoming Batgirl after Afflecks Bruce already went through 1-2 Robins when she is supposed to be the same age if not older than Dick.
Agree to disagree. Using Keaton is messy. He already has a Gordon and he’s 69 years old. Ben Affleck being used would be a cleaner movie, he is already associated with this version of Gordon, and he is the perfect age to have the Batman family.

Someone said old is old, and I don’t agree at all. There’s a huge difference between 50 year old and 70 year old Batman. And I’m cool with both, but I strongly prefer Affleck for this movie.

Save Keaton for Batman Beyond please, where Gordon and Alfred are deceased at that point. It seems so obvious to me. But Keaton Batman is always welcome. He’d my favorite Batman, I just think this is the wrong place for him.

I would love for Affleck to remain on for crossovers and minor roles in Batfamily movies.

Affleck had all of 1 or 2 scenes with this Gordon, I doubt the general audience even remebers it.

I’m sorry, but your reasoning has failed to convince me that using Keaton isn’t “messy”. It is, and i explained my stance on that. But I’m still hyped for it. Would I prefer Affleck? Yes, but I am excited either way. Even if it is messy. I’m used to that in superhero movies. Messy=/=bad.

I’m fully willing to change my mind once more is revealed, and we get to see how Keaton factors into the DCEU going forward. The original intention was for Affleck to be the mainline Batman for the DCEU and that didn’t work out. So using Keaton is objectively more messy. Affleck has connections o the universe already and this version of Gordon, it would be a cleaner transition, but again I’m open to Keaton.

So is Leslie gonna play a teenager or is she playing a mid 20's Batgirl?

Man. It will never not be weird seeing almost 30 year old women playing characters with 'GIRL' in their names

Man. It will never not be weird seeing almost 30 year old women playing characters with 'GIRL' in their names

I thought Simmons might be a tad old to play Barbara’s dad. Obviously, it’s not impossible for a man to become a father later in life; it’s just less likely. OTOH, the age discrepancy isn’t as conspicuous if Babs is late twenties rather than late teens.

Also: It’s somewhat believable that a woman could kick ass after years of hard training. But that means, again, that Batgirl should be (at least) in her late twenties. Admittedly, this only matters if the movie takes a grounded/gritty approach. If it’s more lighthearted, then a teenaged BG works fine. Presumably, Leslie could play younger or older than her true age.

I assume she'll play a young 20s barbara.

a1ec63ce-74a3-48ed-9f89-e98e564f5818-997733102.JPG

lol

Jack Nicholson's son Ray is in the that Teen show Panic playing a teenager and he is 29. When I saw him I immediately thought that guy looks 30.

I think Barbs will be a early to mid twenties. Leslie played a College age character in 'In The Heights'.

you got old ass cowboys and cowgirls running around so i don't see any problem with mature women playing characters with girl in their names

And Barbara was 25 when she was introduced in the comics
As originally conceived, Batgirl was, in fact, a woman. In the Batman TV series, Barbara was a librarian. And in the comics (according to Wikipedia), she held a PhD in library science. So clearly not a teenager.

My understanding is that subsequent iterations did retcon the character as younger. But I’ll leave it to the Batgirl experts to pronounce on which version is more authentic. :word:

It remains to be seen which approach this HBO movie will take. At 26, Leslie could pass for younger. But I’m guessing she’ll play her age.

BTW, the Supergirl TV show tried (awkwardly IMO) to justify calling a woman “girl.” I wonder if the movie will make the same attempt…

Very curious to know what this supporting cast is going to look like, beyond Gordon.

It'd be cool if Black Canary and Huntress showed up in this.

J.K Simmons playing Gordon would give this at least a little feel of being something else besides these "cosplay/fan-films by people who arent actual fans" things the majority of the DC live action stuff is. Would make me consider at least watching the trailer, if Simmons played Gordon that is.

The hold that WB has on these characters is so silly. I agree though with what you’re saying. I’d love it if any studio could take a crack at Batman. Maybe one day. I just don’t trust WB.

BATGIRL
directed by Adil El Arbi and Bilall Fallah

Based on Batgirl: Year One

Barbara Gordon / Batgirl: Leslie Grace
Batgirl-Leslie-Grace-fb.jpg

FULL CAST PHOTO GALLERY
SUPPORTING
Commissioner Gordon: J.K. Simmons
jim-gordon-2403.jpg

Alysia Yeoh: Patti Harrison
patti-harrison---tiffany-roohani---bleeker-street_wide-6e8fad49f45723906f2bbf7d3bd185ec7bb0a495.jpg

Officer Jason Bard: Will Poulter
HULU-3-1024x576.jpg

Sarah Gordon (Barbara’s mom): Gina Torres
ginatorres.jpg

VILLAINS
Killer Moth: Jason Schwartzman
jason-schwartzman-photos.jpg

Firefly: Édgar Ramírez
AAAABRCjr_O7YFjjax5I6b7cGtxIDQ3Wrefno7oBDV30syF02UvYFWLnyFe3pLBbnL1qFC8U8UZYYc2nOav2R2gKfOha6uPr.jpg

Tony Bressi: Ray Liotta
intro-1624032323.jpg

ADDITIONAL
Black Canary: Jurnee Smollet
vqa9eex6cdoo4nbrhani.png

AND FEATURING
Dick Grayson / Nightwing: Charles Melton
bbfl3-640-1579604954.jpg

Bruce Wayne / Batman: Michael Keaton
dopesick-99660.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back