The Dark Knight Rises Batman 3: Without a main villain?

But you never thought that the villains cannot be neither The Riddler,neither Catwoman????
Don´t be so sure that they will be in the movie.
Consider other possibilities too.
You already stopped to think that all these rumors about both are false?
Don´t believe in everything you read around. :yay:

Oh, I should clarify. I think the villain(s) could be anyone. I'd be happy with Riddler or Catwoman, but I agree not to take anything is gospel until there's confirmation or at least a very reliable source. The point of the "no main villain" theory is to speculate why there hasn't been a casting announcement.

I could see Batman 3 without a main villain. I mean the police are already after him. Batman has to prove that he is good for Gotham. He has to redeem himself....I guess you'd have to have a main villain in order for him to redeem himself though. I don't know.

I enjoy the switch of roles here, with Batman himself the big bad of his own story.

But, without any sort of villain, something will absolutely be missing.

I'm in love with the idea of Jim Gordon having to go after Batman. He is one hell of an investigator! And it would be neat to see him figure it all out (Batman is Wayne!) - hopefully without using all that CSI junk that isn't even true. It would be a good vehicle for Mr. Oldman to get an award or two thousand.

Explain how you make a superhero movie without villians! What would Bruce Wayne do, sit in his mansion and drink some tea with Alfred for 2 hours?

Make that alcohol, and you have Iron Man. :oldrazz:

Ofcourse there'll be villains. But I would indeed like a Batman Begins-esque set-up. Heavy focus on Bruce's development with different villains peppered throughout. No mob though, they're done for. I'd love to see a whole parade of freaks show up (with the hazard of course being that the most awesome ones end up having the least screentime..). Oswald Cobblepot should easily fit in there and I'm even digging the notion of a semi-realistic Killer Croc. Because well, he TRULY is a freak. It would nicely illustrate how the Joker has caused criminals to develop a ****ed-up criminal persona. Croc could indeed be a man with a skin disease, spat out by society, turning to crime and exploiting his weird looks for it.

Ofcourse there'll be villains. But I would indeed like a Batman Begins-esque set-up. Heavy focus on Bruce's development with different villains peppered throughout. No mob though, they're done for.

No old-style mob. But a freak-led mob (aka Black Mask) would be great. And this is the structure I'd like for B3, too.

Ofcourse there'll be villains. But I would indeed like a Batman Begins-esque set-up. Heavy focus on Bruce's development with different villains peppered throughout. No mob though, they're done for. I'd love to see a whole parade of freaks show up (with the hazard of course being that the most awesome ones end up having the least screentime..). Oswald Cobblepot should easily fit in there and I'm even digging the notion of a semi-realistic Killer Croc. Because well, he TRULY is a freak. It would nicely illustrate how the Joker has caused criminals to develop a ****ed-up criminal persona. Croc could indeed be a man with a skin disease, spat out by society, turning to crime and exploiting his weird looks for it.

I like this idea.
icon14.gif
I just hope they don't give Croc a southern accent like they did in "The Batman", because the only reason they seemed to do it was because he was a human crocodile. But that's just my opinion.

No old-style mob. But a freak-led mob (aka Black Mask) would be great. And this is the structure I'd like for B3, too.

The Penguin could lead a mob too, yes. I think going with a big villain who looms over the entire movie with some sort of evil plot would be unwise. For we all know, that when it comes to this sort of thing, the Joker can hardly be topped.

Or perhaps I'm a bit narrow-minded and they have cooked up a whole different kind of structure. Anyway, it's pretty damn sure I'll see the damn thing 3/4 times in theatres. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"