Batman: Arkham City - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm actually very surprised that Rocksteady was even allowed to make 2 really great Batman games in the midst of a really great movie series. Granted, there was already a movie game based on Batman Begins, but I can't imagine how hard it must've been to start making a game where the Joker is the lead villain in a time where there was just a great Joker portrayal the year before in TDK. And now, a game that features Catwoman as predominate ally in a time where we are getting prepared to see her in Nolan's film in a possibly similar role.

It's really great that they were allowed to do this and they've definitely set the standards in what a comic book superhero game should be in terms of story, graphics, and gameplay.

I'm actually very surprised that Rocksteady was even allowed to make 2 really great Batman games in the midst of a really great movie series. Granted, there was already a movie game based on Batman Begins, but I can't imagine how hard it must've been to start making a game where the Joker is the lead villain in a time where there was just a great Joker portrayal the year before in TDK. And now, a game that features Catwoman as predominate ally in a time where we are getting prepared to see her in Nolan's film in a possibly similar role.

It's really great that they were allowed to do this and they've definitely set the standards in what a comic book superhero game should be in terms of story, graphics, and gameplay.
Just goes to show that a movie license/tie-in isnt needed to sell a game. I wish more publishers would take note of that

I'd say their setting the standards to what a good action/adventure game should be. These predator challenges are crazy. Much harder than they ever were in AA.

The challenges do seem a bit more intense, but I am enjoying them overall more than AA. Probably because of the experience with the combat system from the start this time around.

I'm loving them way more than AA and I really loved AA's. I've already gotten 3 medals for Batman, Robin, and Catwoman in all the combat ones and now I just have a few left in the predator for all 3. A few of the predator tasks are really challenging.

I just beat [BLACKOUT]R'as[/BLACKOUT] and I want to find [BLACKOUT]Croc[/BLACKOUT] but I'm hella lost. Help?

I know I'm supposed to go through the sewers the way I came but everything looks exactly the same. Hard to remember which way

I just beat [BLACKOUT]R'as[/BLACKOUT] and I want to find [BLACKOUT]Croc[/BLACKOUT] but I'm hella lost. Help?

I know I'm supposed to go through the sewers the way I came but everything looks exactly the same. Hard to remember which way

Head to the subway maintenance area. I believe he is up there.

Found my first real flaw, I think.

The Croc easter egg can only be activated right after the Ra's fight. Int he subways, where you find him, there is a riddle for Croc. If they are one in the same (i.e. you scan Croc to get the riddle) then the game literally just stopped me from 100ing this game because I'm way past the Croc easter egg. I haven't looked up the Croc riddle so I don't know if they are connected or not, but if they are, that is a terrible, terrible design flaw.

The riddle and Croc's cameo are separate from one another.

I'm at Wonder Tower Foundations. It seems there are two ways to go: the way the game thinks you should go and the way to the Subway Maintenance Area. I can't find the door that leads out of the Tower Foundations to the path to the SMA for the life of me. Ugh

So I'm guessing there is no way to replay new game+?

so what is the point of no return storywise... the point where you cant get riddles any, sidemissions anymore...im at the part where you go to wonder tower but id rather finish everything else first

Be honest, or at least be cool, who hear plays some B89 or BB/TDK soundtracks when playing B:AC?

Hey guys. Loving the game. I'm missing a Waynetech upgrade in the Batsuit section. Bottom row, second from right between heat sig and shock wave. What is it? Also, finished my AR and was under the impression I'd get another upgrade for the advanced ones, but I haven't... Thanks in advance.

Be honest, or at least be cool, who hear plays some B89 or BB/TDK soundtracks when playing B:AC?
I did on my second play though of Arkham Asylum and the combat challenges. Forgot I still had my TDK soundtracks on my 360 still. I'll need to do this again soon.

so what is the point of no return storywise... the point where you cant get riddles any, sidemissions anymore...im at the part where you go to wonder tower but id rather finish everything else first

You can always return. Finish the story, then load up your saved game and start where the story left off (free-roam).

that includes the side missions as well? also, im assuming at the point im at (heading to wonder) that the side missions will stop until i start back up in free roam?

Interestingly, when I purchased the game, my new television had not been shipped to my current lodging, so I played the game on my computer monitor, without sound. To compensate, I turned on the subtitles and blasted Zimmer's TDK score. It was awesome. But, having sound is quite refreshing...

I'm at Wonder Tower Foundations. It seems there are two ways to go: the way the game thinks you should go and the way to the Subway Maintenance Area. I can't find the door that leads out of the Tower Foundations to the path to the SMA for the life of me. Ugh
There's a gargoyle in there you need to grapple onto, and directly above/behind it is a pathway that you can hop to from the gargoyle's head that has a pair of double doors leading out. Once you're through the double doors, use the line launcher to take a path to the left and that leads to the doorway out of there. When you get to the room with the old subway cars (subway terminal), turn to the left (you'll walk/run past a barrel with fire in it) and there will be an open vent in the ceiling that you can grapple up to that leads to the SMA.

I have all the Riddler's trophies/challenges but this physical one: "Vertical dive for 50 meters."

I've dived bombed and nose dived, and still nothing? Anyone got advice on this?

I'd say their setting the standards to what a good action/adventure game should be. These predator challenges are crazy. Much harder than they ever were in AA.

You said it. It's funny because I tackled both Bat's and Cat's combat challenges first, thinking that would be the hardest part. Yeah, not exactly. The combat challenges are a breeze compared to some of these predator extremes.

Found my first real flaw, I think.

The Croc easter egg can only be activated right after the Ra's fight. Int he subways, where you find him, there is a riddle for Croc. If they are one in the same (i.e. you scan Croc to get the riddle) then the game literally just stopped me from 100ing this game because I'm way past the Croc easter egg. I haven't looked up the Croc riddle so I don't know if they are connected or not, but if they are, that is a terrible, terrible design flaw.

The riddle and Croc's cameo are separate from one another.
I've been through there so many times, and still have yet to encounter Croc. Sadface. But Spidey's right, the riddle for Croc is triggered by scanning his secret room.

Boost grapple off one of the smoke stacks at the Steel Mill. When you boost over it, go right in to a dive bomb.

Boost grapple off one of the smoke stacks at the Steel Mill. When you boost over it, go right in to a dive bomb.
How do I do the dive bomb again? I got overwhelmed with so much info coming at me that it slipped me by.

Finally took down the Riddler this evening. It was very satisfactory after busting my hump getting some of his riddles.

With that and all the side missions done I think I'll just re-play story mode. I can't be bothered with the challenge maps.

It's so funny seeing Riddler walk around that track shouting, "Don't think you have defeated me, Dark Knight!"

Ha, you have to love the guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back