Batman: Arkham City - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched 'Under The Red Hood' on the dvd that came with my game last night. Gotta say, I quite like John Di Maggio as Joker. If the rumours of Mark Hamill hanging up his Joker suit for good are true, I wouldn't mind Di Maggio taking over. He's much darker, I'd say more like a TDK style Joker, but by the end of 'Red Hood' I just thought he was damn cool

I watched 'Under The Red Hood' on the dvd that came with my game last night. Gotta say, I quite like John Di Maggio as Joker. If the rumours of Mark Hamill hanging up his Joker suit for good are true, I wouldn't mind Di Maggio taking over. He's much darker, I'd say more like a TDK style Joker, but by the end of 'Red Hood' I just thought he was damn cool

Yeah I wouldnt midn him being the go to Joker voice for a while. I wish they used him in the Young Justice show

how do you beat Freeze?
you need a total of four takedowns
-behind the back takedown
-aerial kick takedown
-grate in the floor takedown
-ledge takedown
-stun him with the generator
-stun him with exploding wall
after you stun him beat him till it doesn't let you
pick four

and you can only use them once

this!

Arkham City is definatlely inpsired and pays homage to all sorts of Batman related media from the past. Burton, Nolan, 90s Animated Series, comics, etc. in addition to adding its own originality.

Which is the most impressive thing about this series so far, but in particular this game. In combining those elements they've come up with their own sort of interpretation that deserves to be mentioned right up there with the tv shows, movies & comics as a classic Batman moment

Which is the most impressive thing about this series so far, but in particular this game. In combining those elements they've come up with their own sort of interpretation that deserves to be mentioned right up there with the tv shows, movies & comics as a classic Batman moment

I agree. I think you can make the argument that these games are the definitive Batman experience. Nothing has topped it as of right now.

I agree. I think you can make the argument that these games are the definitive Batman experience. Nothing has topped it as of right now.
I don't think there is such a thing as a definitive incarnation of Batman, but both Arkham games come close. I would say City is the most comprehensive Batman experience.

Jack - Just interrogated Quincy Sharp and discovered a "Watcher in the Wing" (both were very cool)

I don't think there is such a thing as a definitive incarnation of Batman, but both Arkham games come close. I would say City is the most comprehensive Batman experience.

Jack - Just interrogated Quincy Sharp and discovered a "Watcher in the Wing" (both were very cool)
hopefully you threw an RC batarang at him

you need a total of four takedowns
-behind the back takedown
-aerial kick takedown
-grate in the floor takedown
-ledge takedown
-stun him with the generator
-stun him with exploding wall
after you stun him beat him till it doesn't let you
pick four

and you can only use them once

Don't forget to use the Disruptor as a takedown. Actually, it made the battle very easy for me. Disrupt his gun, then stun him with the generator behind him, then quickly jump on the ledge and do a floor takedown, then lure him to the explosive wall nearby, and while he's there, activate the electricity in the water he's standing in.

Obviously, this doesn't work pefectly for New Game Plus.

Is there a new game plus, plus? I mean how do u start another game after you have completed new game plus?

Two things...1) has anyone completed the Deadshot side mission? Because I'm stuck on the part where you have to locate his second victim near the Riddler's church hideout.

2) I thought that you could play as Robin if you completed the game on normal or hard?

Two things...1) has anyone completed the Deadshot side mission? Because I'm stuck on the part where you have to locate his second victim near the Riddler's church hideout.

2) I thought that you could play as Robin if you completed the game on normal or hard?

1) Just keep looking. Put on Detective Mode and look for blue people, if there is anyone around that is dead, you'll find them. And FYI his boss battle took the pee.

2) You can only play as Robin in Riddler's Revenge.

Question. If I finish the main story on normal, can I start a new game plus on hard?

Can I find the place where Bruce’s parents were shot? Can I get behind the MonarchTheatre?

BTW - This game is amazing I was so hooked on the story I forgot the side missions. I almost play this in one go. It's impossible to put down!!!
I think I heard bits of the burton movies soundtrack? The music in this game is yet another masterstroke.

Great game.. beat out the main story mission a few days ago I LOVE the ending and it's so fitting considering that Hamill is supposedly no longer doing Joker voice. BTW not to spoil anyone did anyone see the pregnancy test? If not I highly recommend it !

Comics will always bring the far more epic definitive Batman experience than any game or movie or cartoon.

Comics will always bring the far more epic definitive Batman experience than any game or movie or cartoon.
I don't know, comics aren't exactly a hands on kind of experience. I mean, the beauty of both games is that YOU feel like Batman the entire time. Comics and movies may have a different portrayal of the character , but they are limited in how you can connect to a character.

Comics aren't the definitive medium simply because they are comics, we defer to the original Batman comics and the classic because of the great stories that defined such a deep character. But a Batman comic written today is by no means more definitive than say a Batman film or a game, simply because it exists within the same medium that Batman was first created and honed as a character. That's like saying in general, that for a superhero character, the comic is the peak of creative experience for an audience/reader/viewer, which isn't the case at all.

I don't know, comics aren't exactly a hands on kind of experience. I mean, the beauty of both games is that YOU feel like Batman the entire time. Comics and movies may have a different portrayal of the character , but they are limited in how you can connect to a character.

Batman Incorporated and the whole idea of Robin's original intention was the feeling of being someone like Batman himself, so it's not an issue.
Comics aren't the definitive medium simply because they are comics, we defer to the original Batman comics and the classic because of the great stories that defined such a deep character. But a Batman comic written today is by no means more definitive than say a Batman film or a game, simply because it exists within the same medium that Batman was first created and honed as a character. That's like saying in general, that for a superhero character, the comic is the peak of creative experience for an audience/reader/viewer, which isn't the case at all.

Yes it is. Try reading Morrison's run on Batman.

I disagree. People tend to put comics on a pedestal simply because they are the source material, but it's not often that they are consistently good. There are some really great comics that will stand out over the years, but for every great comic like that, there are dozens of mediocre or even bad ones. Compare that to the Batman: TAS which was consistently good (it may have had two or three bad episodes during its entire run) and the Arkham video game series which, so far, is only getting better with each game.

Frankly, when I read Denny O'Neil's Knightfall novelization, I enjoyed it a lot more than the comic book version because it was more refined and the characters were more well rounded than their comic book counterparts. The medium isn't what matters, it's the quality of the story that you're telling and how it's presented, and comic books in the modern era are nothing more than yet another form of media. They can sink or they can swim, but it certainly seems that they're a mixed bag at best and far from being "definitive."

Drz said:
Yes it is. Try reading Morrison's run on Batman.

You've spectacularly failed to miss the point. Morrisons run on Batman is great, not because it's a comic, but because Grant Morrison wrote a fantastic story. If he'd written that as an animated movie, a film, a game or a book, it would still be good. You seem to think that any Batman comic is superior because that was his medium of origin. That's narrow minded and stupid.

Did you read my whole post? The part you quoted even cut off the rest of that sentence that COMPLETELY changed the meaning.

Whatever medium Batman is on, he is held up to a greater standard than he was in decades past. The oldest iterations are considered just the quaint history of Batman, interesting, possible source for "new ideas", but nothing more than history. I for one dislike the Adam West Batman in only of a sense that it damaged the intended treatment of the franchise and the character. Since it is a part of the history, and it was enjoyable for the campy comedy, it does get a pass only as far as being a reoccurring joke in the franchise. I and many others would have had fun playing as the goofy Adam West Batman and Robin. The comics made strides to return to a darker Batman which lead to the Batman 1989 and Batman Returns version most of us here started on. Then came the animated series, and some bad live action sequels that will be forgotten, and now the Nolan and Video game iterations. The comics are still important, they are technically where it all started, and are what brought Batman back from sinking into nothingness. I'm just glad the character survived for so long and enjoy that it has been put into so many mediums. Other characters like Spiderman or Wolverine gain resentment from me when they get their overexposure on a number of mediums, but not Batman for some reason, better character maybe?

gregtestagen said:
spiderman or Wolverine gain resentment from me when they get their overexposure on a number of mediums, but not Batman for some reason, better character maybe?

I think it's just the way characters like Spidey and Wolvie (Deadpool too) get represented in mainstream media. They're distilled and simplified and all the important, interesting aspects of their characters seem to be replaced with family friendly versions. Batman has his own kids series here and there, but for the most part, he doesn't seem to have been as 'housetrained' as a character like Wolverine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"