Batman: Arkham City - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's just the way characters like Spidey and Wolvie (Deadpool too) get represented in mainstream media. They're distilled and simplified and all the important, interesting aspects of their characters seem to be replaced with family friendly versions. Batman has his own kids series here and there, but for the most part, he doesn't seem to have been as 'housetrained' as a character like Wolverine.
All that may be more true for Spiderman, but I always thought Wolverine was supposed to be a part of the X-Men, not the only member of the team, or not on a team at all and of on his own. They made a fricken series named "WOLVERINE! and the xmen" I loved how Magneto put it in X-2: "Once again, you think it's all about you." btw, I'm a huge Magneto fan.

You've spectacularly failed to miss the point. Morrisons run on Batman is great, not because it's a comic, but because Grant Morrison wrote a fantastic story. If he'd written that as an animated movie, a film, a game or a book, it would still be good. You seem to think that any Batman comic is superior because that was his medium of origin. That's narrow minded and stupid.

Did you read my whole post? The part you quoted even cut off the rest of that sentence that COMPLETELY changed the meaning.

While I see what you mean, and I agree, I don't think the comics are better because they are the comics, I think they're better because of the history and tapestry of the characters. For example if there was a Batman TV show animated in the style of Arkham but with all the G-Mo stories that, to me, would be the best Bat-Universe conceived. I think Arkham comes close, but City, while it was amazing, left me wanting much more out of the story, as it barely scratched the surface of most characters, and now I feel, with Hamill retiring, it may never truly be spectacular, just good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"